Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Hong Kong 3-18-11

Out on the Border

Default Hong Kong 3-18-11

Well I'm new here and nobody knows me but I'm going to the Hong Kong concert later! I'm so excited!

I hope to get good pictures of the concert and maybe video too but I only have 23 minutes of video available on my camera...

Default Re: Hong Kong 3-18-11

Welcome to The Border, klg1992! Glad to have you on board. That's wonderful that you are going to the Hong Kong show. We haven't had any Borderers who have attended any of the Asian shows so we will look forward to any info about the show. Hope you will give us a review & post any pics or videos as we all would love to see them!

Please come back & tell us a little more about yourself & how you became a fan of the Eagles.

Have a great time at the concert. I'm sure that you will!

Welcome and know that those of us over here in the States are green with envy that you're going. Having seen them several times, I promise you're in for quite a treat. DO come back and tell us all about it. Looking forward to many more posts from you, and again, welcome to The Border.
    You were just too busy being FABULOUS....

Victim of Love

Welcome to The Border, klg1992!

Have fun at the concert!Looking forward when you are back and you can tell us about the concert!
    "For the record, we never broke up, we just took a 14-year vacation!"
    (Glenn Frey)

Stuck on the Border TimothyBFan's Avatar

Welcome from me also. Soak in the whole experience and enjoy!! Please come back with details and pictures. I guarantee they will be greatly appreciated by the members here!
    He sings it high, he plays it low

Out on the Border

I just came back from the concert and it was awesome!

I videod pretty much the whole thing (but vid quality is bad haha) but only got 3 pics because I was too busy videoing!

Setlist is pretty much the same as what they've been doing recently apparently, I'll come back with my story after I sleep.

Welcome Back!
    Nice to hear that the concert was great! Can't wait to hear more!
    "For the record, we never broke up, we just took a 14-year vacation!"
    (Glenn Frey)

Stuck on the Border tequila girl's Avatar

Welcome klg1992

Glad you had a fabulous time at the concert....can't wait to hear all about it!
    ~Carole~

There is no more new frontier - we have got to make it here

Hi Kig and welcome from me too! I'm excited to hear all about your concert adventure!
    ~ Cathy ~

And I dream I'm on vacation 'Cause I like the way that sounds,
    It's a perfect occupation for me.

Out on the Border

I guess it took a long time for me to come back but I'm not actually from Hong Kong (I'm from the Philippines), I just came here for the concert!

But before I begin with my concert story, I'd just like to tell you all about myself. I'm 16 (don't mind my user name haha) and I'm an Eagles fan (duh), but a relatively new one actually. That's all I think.

Anyway my parents heard that the Eagles were going to Hong Kong so he asked his friend who lives in HK to get us some tickets. When I heard this, I was really excited because the Eagles are one of my favorite bands and I never thought I'd ever see them in my life (no bands I like go to the Philippines... and they still don't).

So we took a plane to HK and I bought a really big memory card for my camera so that it could fit the whole show in it (I planned to record it). When we got to the venue I was afraid that the employees there would take my camera after searching me but thankfully, there was no such search.

We made it to our seats which were right in the middle of the venue (the Hong Kong Convention Center I remember...). But then there were tall people in front of me, so I couldn't see much because of their big heads, which is why I mostly looked at the video screen for most of the action (and my camera was pointed there almost the entire time).

The concert was supposed to start at 8:00 but it actually began at 8:30, which was fine with me. They started with Seven Bridges Road and well here's the entire setlist:

Seven Bridges Road
    How Long
    I Don't Want To Hear Anymore
    Hotel California
    Peaceful Easy Feeling
    I Can't Tell You Why
    Witchy Woman
    Lyin' Eyes
    Boys Of Summer
    In The City
    The Long Run

No More Walks In The Wood
    Waiting In The Weeds
    No More Cloudy Days
    Love Will Keep Us Alive
    Best Of My Love
    Take It To The Limit
    Long Road Out Of Eden
    Walk Away
    One Of These Nights
    Life's Been Good
    Dirty Laundry
    Funk #49
    Heartache Tonight
    Life In The Fast Lane

Take It Easy
    Desperado

To be honest, I'd never listened to any of the songs from the Long Road Out Of Eden album before this concert but I'd like to say that they were all pretty good on first listen.

I won't do a complete rundown of the entire concert (I'm not good at that) but I'd like to point out some highlights from me, someone who hadn't seen the Eagles in his life.

Hotel California started off with a long horn intro but I guess the people knew what was coming because they started cheering before they started playing the HC intro. In The City was my favorite song of the first set because of Joe's extended solo at the end. I really didn't expect that and for the duration of the solo I had a really big smile on my face like this

The band intro before Life's Been Good was pretty funny. :P

Actually I'm more of a rocker so I enjoyed the songs with guitar solos the most like Dirty Laundry and Life In The Fast Lane. But don't get me wrong I like all the songs!

They ended with the encore of Take It Easy and Desperado. By the way, there was a guy who shouted for Tequila Sunrise throughout the concert. I felt pretty bad for him when they left at the end of Desperado lol! I thought that they could've spared an extra song or two at the end especially since according to them it was the last concert of the Asia tour...

About the video... it's pretty much the whole concert except for the first few seconds of the intro to No More Walks In The Wood (I didn't expect it!). The sound's pretty good but the video quality is pretty bad because it's mostly just the zoomed into the big screen as far as it could go... which is not much, and there were heads in front of the camera a lot. Actually at first I wanted to record just the audio with the camera because I was afraid to be caught and thrown out (they were warning us before the concert) so the first song has almost no video (it's kinda black) but over time no one caught me so I just held the camera up higher the rest of the show. I only have three pics (during Take It Easy) because I was videoing the whole time and my dad didn't want to take pictures. By the way, there were people talking and singing sometimes during the video.

So there's my experience! The story's not much but I had a really great time! I hope to see the guys again soon but I don't know if that'll be possible... I hope they come to the Philippines sometime!