Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: Favorite Eagles Studio Albums

Default Re: Favorite Eagles Studio Albums

Quote Originally Posted by pueblo47 View Post
    I don't recall anyone saying that.
    Well I'm going by the rankings. Let's not be so by-the-book and facts driven! I was just making an observation based on people's input. That's all!

It's no big deal, I'm not saying it's bad! I just find it interesting! I come from a rock background though and I like rock music. I find country music that is straightforward to be not my cup of tea. I like the On the Border album A LOT because of the addition of Felder and he rocked it up. Then when they added Joe they REALLY rocked it up and that's what I love.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1ygI3BZxdCY[/ame]

-Austin-
    Resident Guitar Slinger
    Fan of the Eagles from 1972-2016 #NOGLENNNOEAGLES

RIP Glenn Frey and Randy Meisner

"So often times it happens that we live our lives in chains and we never even know we have the key..."

Most of us in here appreciate the evolution from the early country rock to the present rockier country rock. And we swing with the band member changes. Some of us prefer the early beginnings of their career, some of us prefer the present, all of us accept the band in all of its forms, past and present.
    So if you see me walking all alone, don't look back. I'm just on my way back home.

I didn't say I didn't accept the earlier stuff. I like "Eagles". But I don't like Desperado. What's so wrong with that?!?!

I just PREFER Hotel California and The Long Run. Even I love On The Border and One Of These Nights. I like Long Road Out Of Eden. There is only one Eagles album I dislike - and that is Desperado. I'm not saying everyone has to love HC. I'm just saying I find all of this very interesting - that's all.

And even though you probably don't think so - the current lineup isn't my favorite. My favorite Eagles lineup is the Hotel California lineup!

-Austin-
    Resident Guitar Slinger

"So often times it happens that we live our lives in chains and we never even know we have the key..."

Stuck on the Border

For what it's worth, I think a couple of tracks on Desperado are more rock than country. They are Out Of Control, Outlaw Man & Certain Kind Of Fool.

It's important to remember that everyone's preferences are their own and we are all entitled to them.

Quote Originally Posted by Freypower View Post
    It's important to remember that everyone's preferences are their own and we are all entitled to them.
    I never bashed anyone's opinion. In fact I was misunderstood and I even said "Not that it's bad, it's just that I find it very interesting) regarding people liking Desperado. I have nothing against anyone's preferences. All I was trying to say is that I really like reading all of this as it's very interesting to read what each person ranks as first and what order they are in.
    -Austin-
    Resident Guitar Slinger

Quote Originally Posted by pueblo47 View Post
    I don't recall saying YOU didn't accept the earlier stuff. Heh heh heh, you can have the last word in this debate. I got my comments in and that's all that counts(in my book)
    Oh. The way I read your previous comment was that you thought I was "dissing" (for lack of a better word) the early band lineup and music.
    -Austin-
    Resident Guitar Slinger

I like to talk - I have a lot to say. I'm an outspoken individual what can I say! Hehehehehe!
    -Austin-
    Resident Guitar Slinger

-Austin-
    Resident Guitar Slinger

I think there are two quintessential albums by the Eagles.

"Desperado" was their best work prior to their transition into a heavier Rockier group. That statement is NOT substantiated by record sales or in fact by most people's opinions. But it is with no reservations on my part, the most underrated album I think they've launched to date.

Desperado never made it above #41 on the charts while the next worst charting album was their self-titled first release which charted at #22. Yet in sales, Desperado went double Platnium in the US while "Eagles" only went Platnium. I've never understood that. It had two really popular songs on it too: "Tequila Sunrise" and "Desperado". It really should have ranked better than it did. It is truly an enigma.

So, I guess confessing that "Desperado" is one the two favorites by the group and one of my favorite albums of ANY group really shows my esoteric tastes in music!

"Hotel California" was their peak as a Rock Band. I doubt that statement will garner any objections. I like most of the work on that album and dearly love it because it brought Walsh back with a BANG! I really feared that he might not pull through all the trauma of the early Seventies he'd been through. I didn't feel as though I "knew him" back then other than through speculation. But he had released a couple of my favorites during that time....Barnstorm and So What. But to have him join the Eagles and join in on their hottest album to date was awesome!

I've said it before in about a hundred different contexts, comparing the two "stages" of Eagles evolution is like comparing one genre to another. Even the band members were changing.

I just don't see the discrepancy. I guess I just have a broader appreciation of where they've been and where they've gone. It's ALL GOOD.

I didn't see the Eagles when Leadon was plucking the strings and singing and I would now dearly love to experience that! I was fortunate to see them once on the Hotel California tour with Randy Meisner.

MikeA

Cool Mike.

I have nothing against the early stuff in the early days. I just prefer the Hotel California album and lineup. It's very special for me (you know why) and has my favorite Eagles songs on it. That album will always be my favorite album of ANY artist of all time and the title track is my favorite song of ANY artist of all time as well. Also my favorite guitar solo on the title track of all time.
    -Austin-
    Resident Guitar Slinger