Quote Originally Posted by MikeA View Post
First, do I really like their recorded music? If not, then I darn sure WILL NOT be going. I don't "collect concerts".appreciation.

Johnny Lang I'd love to see again.
These 2 points got my attention. I discovered something a few years back when I attended a Styx concert that had Kansas as their opening act. Was never a Kansas fan. Of course I knew songs like Dust In The Wind and Carry On Wayward Son, etc... but had never even bought one of their albums.

That night, I was absolutely mesmerized by them and their sound! They were truly amazing! That lead singers voice was spot on, the violin was spectacular and the drums...WOW!!! At one point, can't tell you which song, but the drums crashed and it actually echoed and shook the whole theater. They could of played another hour and I would of been all kinds of happy. Have since, picked up a couple of their albums and once again, not impressed. I don't know why, but their live show was awesome and I would pay money to see them again.

And then Jonny Lang.....Awwwww Jonny---Love that man and his voice and his guitar and have since I first heard Lie To Me on the radio on my way to work one morning. I have all his cds, have watched everything I can on YouTube and have downloaded everything I can find on my Ipod and anxiously awaited for the moment I would finally get to one of his concerts. Found out he would be 1 hour away about a year ago, waited patiently and was able to get 3 2nd row tickets for us (my daughter is a fan also). Raved about him to my husband who really didn't know if he would like him, told him he would NOT be disappointed, etc.... Guess what---I walked out of there almost in tears because I was so disappointed. He came no where close to my expectations and apparently not to many others in the theater who repeatedly yelled at him to "sing the blues" as he went off on his "gospel" sounding "amens" and such. It was a blues concert with several other blues bands so even tho I knew he had also gone gospel, I expected him to be all blues for this one. My poor husband even actually fell asleep. I hope it was just an off night and will gladly go see him again if I get the chance.

Quote Originally Posted by Freypower
There's no shame in it; neither is there any shame in being a fan and wishing for some spontaneity. Contrary to what they seem to think, spontaneity would bring them closer to their fans.
Got that right!! I really do wish they would speak a bit more and be a bit off the cuff at times. Most fans don't know them like we all here do so I guess they figure what the heck--let's keep telling the same jokes. Personally, I say, mix it up a bit boys!

Quote Originally Posted by Prettymaid
Mick Jagger's strut has never done anything for me, but then I've never been a Stones fan. I'm sure Mick never in his wildest dreams thought he'd still be strutting around onstage at 67, and I'll bet the Eagles never thought they'd still be touring into their 60's. But I feel the Eagles can still perform now just as they always have and look like the valid creative statesmen they have become, while Mick just starts looking....well, old.
LOVED seeing them in concert and watching Mick run all over that stage, back and forth, up and down ramps. He was crazy! And still sounding as great as he always has! IMO---he's still got it. Did you happen to catch his performance at the Grammy's this year? AMAZING and not looking any older that some other musicians in their 60's. Check this out!

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aGevlZiQ0Oc[/ame]