Thread: Press and Discussion about Don's new album(s) in progress

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Stuck on the Border

Default Re: Don in the press

Quote Originally Posted by Ive always been a dreamer View Post
    Soda, I understand all of the arguments and logic for doing this, but I still don't like it. The difference for me is that if Don was putting out an album of all new songs, I would be one of the first in line to buy it just because it is Don. However, I don't know if I'll buy this album or not. I'll just have to wait and see what's on it. But this fan may not be spending my money to hear Don remake a bunch of old songs. So for me, if it's this or nothing, I'll just have to wait and see.
    But I'm afraid that I am with Dreamer on this. At the moment I can't even see myself buying a hard copy of the CD. I would buy the tracks on iTunes which are not remakes of Eagles songs.

Also if he were to do an entire album of covers I wouldn't have a problem with that. It is the remakes of Eagles songs that bothers me.

Kate Bush is also releasing an album of re-recordings of songs from The Red Shoes & This Woman's Work. I find this entire trend bizarre & to put it as mildly as possible, sad.
    Last edited by Freypower; 04-10-2011 at 07:00 PM.