Page 13 of 43 FirstFirst ... 39101112131415161723 ... LastLast

Thread: Press and Discussion about Don's new album(s) in progress

Stuck on the Border Tiffanny Twisted's Avatar

Default Re: Press and Discussion about Don's new album(s)

I love the band perry...
    and how bout Zac brown band
    SO when is this cd coing out???

Wait, is this going to be a country album? Is that for sure? I didn't know that.
    Did Don say he was doing country???

Yes - it's a definite. He's said it many times. If you have time, you might want to go back and read this thread.

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

Default Re: Don in the press

Quote Originally Posted by Koala View Post
    Don Henley Ready to Build on Storied Solo Career with Two New Solo Albums

http://www.associatedcontent.com/art...n_storied.html
    OK I went back into the thread. It looks like it started out that Don was working on TWO new solo albums. One country & one R&B...
    Then it turns into remakes of Eagles songs with country artists!
    What about the other album?
    Wonder if there will be any new material on the country album?

If he is just remaking all Eagles songs in country style, then, I am going to be very disappointed! That is NOT what I want to hear from Henley! Hasn't that already been done???Yeah
    Also, if he's remaking Eagles songs, & not even writing any new material, what the heck is taking so long?
    I don't want a "covers" album from Don. Haven't we had enough of these cover albums lately.
    Now, I am a bit upset! I don't really see Henley as the type to do "covers" Sorry, but I can't even see it.........Now I'm really confused.

The other album has been put on the backburner, apparently.

As for the upcoming country album, there will be some remade Eagles songs, some covers of songs by other country artists, and a few original songs - at least that's what we've been led to believe from the press so far.

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

Moderator Ive always been a dreamer's Avatar
    Cruising down the center of a two-way street in VA

If Don's gonna get that sucker out this year, I would think we should be hearing something about a release date very soon.

"People don't run out of dreams: People just run out of time ..."
    Glenn Frey 11/06/1948 - 01/18/2016

Quote Originally Posted by sodascouts View Post
    The other album has been put on the backburner, apparently.

As for the upcoming country album, there will be some remade Eagles songs, some covers of songs by other country artists, and a few original songs - at least that's what we've been led to believe from the press so far.
    I'm not happy with the sound of this at all...who wants remade Eagles songs and covers by other artists? not me

Stuck on the Border

Quote Originally Posted by Topkat View Post
    OK I went back into the thread. It looks like it started out that Don was working on TWO new solo albums. One country & one R&B...
    Then it turns into remakes of Eagles songs with country artists!
    What about the other album?
    Wonder if there will be any new material on the country album?

If he is just remaking all Eagles songs in country style, then, I am going to be very disappointed! That is NOT what I want to hear from Henley! Hasn't that already been done???Yeah
    Also, if he's remaking Eagles songs, & not even writing any new material, what the heck is taking so long?
    I don't want a "covers" album from Don. Haven't we had enough of these cover albums lately.
    Now, I am a bit upset! I don't really see Henley as the type to do "covers" Sorry, but I can't even see it.........Now I'm really confused.

If you don't like After Hours, which is a covers album, OK, but many others DO like it. As for Henley not being the 'type' to do covers, whatever that may mean, he sings covers often enough in his shows.

I have no problem with Henley doing covers. The problem I have is with him remaking Eagles songs, as was discussed earlier in the thread.

Quote Originally Posted by Freypower View Post
    If you don't like After Hours, which is a covers album, OK, but many others DO like it. As for Henley not being the 'type' to do covers, whatever that may mean, he sings covers often enough in his shows.

I have no problem with Henley doing covers. The problem I have is with him remaking Eagles songs, as was discussed earlier in the thread.
    I also have a problem with him remaking Eagles songs. The Eagles songs are perfect as they are, they can't possibly be made any better! End of story!

When I say Don isn't the "type" to do cover songs, maybe that was the wrong term.... I mean that Don Henley is one of the best songwriters of this generation & for him to do an album of cover songs with no new material is just a shame!! I find it hard to believe that Don hasn't written anything since LROOE, so he must have SOME material he hasn't released yet.

Now, I'm really curious as to what is going to be on this album.

Stuck on the Border

Quote Originally Posted by Topkat View Post
    I also have a problem with him remaking Eagles songs. The Eagles songs are perfect as they are, they can't possibly be made any better! End of story!

When I say Don isn't the "type" to do cover songs, maybe that was the wrong term.... I mean that Don Henley is one of the best songwriters of this generation & for him to do an album of cover songs with no new material is just a shame!! I find it hard to believe that Don hasn't written anything since LROOE, so he must have SOME material he hasn't released yet.

Now, I'm really curious as to what is going to be on this album.
    I could also have taken that attitude about Glenn. I chose to focus on how good the material was going to be as a showcase for his voice & his interpretation skills.