Page 39 of 43 FirstFirst ... 29353637383940414243 LastLast

Thread: Press and Discussion about Don's new album(s) in progress

Stuck on the Border VAisForEagleLovers's Avatar

Default Re: Press and Discussion about Don's new album(s)

Thanks, Shun! I wonder what is meant by 'preview'?
    VK

You can't change the world but you can change yourself.

Probably he's going to have some industry people and invite some people to come listen to his album.

I was looking at the schedule and after this Sunday, the guys are on a month break until July 7th. So Don can do some things for a month before they start back touring.
    Last edited by shunlvswx; 06-02-2015 at 09:37 AM.

Out on the Border

The CMA Music Festival is happening that week. The event is the all star week for country music. There are multiple free concerts that week at various stages around town. It's the "who's who" of country music that week. CMA hosts the country music radio stations at a large event there. It is very fan focused event too.

I don't care much for new country music, but I live in the south. This event is a very big deal in the country music industry. Sounds like the buzz is beginning.

I just happen to be in Nashville that day. I will try to find out more about this from friends. If you are from the south, everybody has a cousin that lives in Nashville.

Border Troubadour

Quote Originally Posted by shunlvswx View Post
    I just saw this on Facebook. Could Don really be putting out Cass County this year if he's doing this on June 11.

http://kticradio.com/abc_music-co/na...abcid35361850/

Just saw this on FB........can it be true???? I don't think Don would preview one note unless he was happy with it........sooooooo excited!!! Good news at last!

P.S. thanks Soda for the info on Don and Kenny Rogers..I've never heard the song
    ...Well it sure makes you wonder the things that some people will say. They can see black and white but they don't seem to notice the grey...

Good news! Wonder what will happen if God forbid someone videos it & post it on youtube! We might have to wait another 5 years for Cass County because then it won't be new anymore.
    I really wish he would lighten up on his online stance but it is his "property" so it is up to him.

While I am not nearly as old as Don I just learned to do periscope last week.

Stuck on the Border AlreadyGone95's Avatar
    the middle of farm country (southwest Georgia)

Quote Originally Posted by dcinga View Post

I just happen to be in Nashville that day. I will try to find out more about this from friends. If you are from the south, everybody has a cousin that lives in Nashville.

That is too true. I'm from Georgia and I have several family members scattered around that area.

Anyway, I'm not a huge country fan either. I like the outlaw, southern rock type of the 70s/80s. However, being from Georgia, most everyone I know is a fan and I'm seeing alot of stuff about the upcoming CMA week on Facebook.
    I hope that "previewing" means that he's made the album and is wanting feedback from people about it (musicians etc). Why is it that these guys seem to take a very long time doing things?
    -Kim-

People don't run out of dreams, People just run out of time

Oh my gosh - this is exciting news!!!! Perhaps the coming of Cass County is finally at hand!!!!

ETA: Hmmm, I could easily drive up to Nashville that day....

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

Stuck on the Border VAisForEagleLovers's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by sodascouts View Post
    Oh my gosh - this is exciting news!!!! Perhaps the coming of Cass County is finally at hand!!!!

ETA: Hmmm, I could easily drive up to Nashville that day....
    And I could drive down if I knew where to go or what was going on!

I agree, it seems a preview would include a date and perhaps a tour announcement.
    VK

You can't change the world but you can change yourself.

UMG is affiliated with the CMA event and they're affiliated with Capitol, so it all ties together quite nicely.

It's unclear from this snippet, but I suspect this is a preview party for the record company executives and the media. They sit around, sip champagne, and listen to the album; the execs fantasize about how much money they'll make from it as they kiss up to the media people there (this according to my cynical friend who works at Sony; I have no firsthand knowledge). Typically, the artist is there, but he doesn't necessarily perform. He may talk a bit about the album - song inspirations, anecdotes, stuff like that, to keep things entertaining. Perhaps some other people will be invited. The guest list is usually kept short, however.

There's no telling what the location will be... and who knows, I might be wrong, and this might be some other kind of event entirely. We'll have to keep our ears open.

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by jms18222 View Post
    Good news! Wonder what will happen if God forbid someone videos it & post it on youtube! We might have to wait another 5 years for Cass County because then it won't be new anymore.
    I really wish he would lighten up on his online stance but it is his "property" so it is up to him.

While I am not nearly as old as Don I just learned to do periscope last week.
    When Joe previewed Analog Man at the Troubadour, it was filmed although I can't remember how and when I got to view it. Probably via his website. While I'm not expecting Don's Cass County preview to turn up on YouTube on the 12th June, he must have reassessed his stance on modern media, otherwise his record company are going to struggle to promote it.

Don Henley My Thanksgiving
    an angry man can only get so far
    Until he reconciles the way he thinks things ought to be with the way things are

Don's album still hasn't got a release date, despite him previewing it in a few days. One or two artists have just launched albums without going through the usual procedure, most memorably, another 70s icon, David Bowie.