Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Hi from MN

Default Re: Hi from MN

Nah, it would be perfectly legal. A lot of times bands authorize special promotions like that. Sounds like it was the real deal!

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

... On a journey from innocence to experience..... In Ireland!

Welcome from me too Judy! Your stories and memories are very entertaining and I've loved reading you and Mike doing 'Catch-up'. (Mike!!! never realised you'd a Plaintiff too). Of course I too commiserate with you on the loss of your husband. You must have been very shocked when that incident happened. . It can't have been easy.

Anyway Judy, Its great to hear whet those early (Or earlier) gigs were like. I've been to 4 gigs since 2006. I'd give MORE than a body part to let Glenn (My fave.... I'm sure you've guessed why) sign a record, cd...... hell beermat for me!

Have fun on the Border.
    'I must be leaving soon... its your world now'
    Glenn Frey 1948-2016 RIP

Quote Originally Posted by Judy View Post
    When the new technology came in, I got rid of all my albums. The brain scan comes back next Tuesday.
    This part cracked me up! I think a lot of us got rid of our LPs, not realizing the goldmines we had back then.

Welcome from me too Judy. Thanks for sharing your story.
    ~ Cathy ~

And I dream I'm on vacation 'Cause I like the way that sounds,
    It's a perfect occupation for me.

Stuck on the Border

Welcome, Judy. Looks like you're fitting right in around here!

Enjoy!
    [

Stuck on the Border TimothyBFan's Avatar

Sorry I'm a bit late with my welcome!! It sounds to me as if you are going to love it here with the rest of us.

Loved reading about you & Mike's HC concert experience...tho it's a sore spot with me. I had a ticket with my cousin for that tour but wasn't allowed to go because parents thought I was to young at the age of 12 for a rock concert.

Quote Originally Posted by Judy View Post
    and Timothy was lots of fun that night. A story for some other time. I've been to other concerts, too. Ok. Enough of that for now.
    Has it been long enough now? Spill it!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Prettymaid
    This part cracked me up! I think a lot of us got rid of our LPs, not realizing the goldmines we had back then.
    Some of us are very glad we kept all of them....even tho 900 albums does take up a lot of room in their husband's garage!!
    He sings it high, he plays it low

Down some endless road just south of nowhere (Missouri)

Welcome from me, too, Judy! It's great to hear your stories! I also went to a show in 1976 in St. Louis! About all I remember from it is they sounded great and looked like ants down on the stage because I was sitting way up in the rafters of the Checkerdome. I'm pretty sure the reason I don't remember much is all the 'smoke' drifted up there! I was too scared to leave my seat, but my brother and cousin told us afterwards that they managed to make their way down to the stage and saw them up close. I was so jealous, but not sure I really believed them either! My brother still tells the story to this day, so who knows!

I do remember hearing Hotel California and that JD Souther was also there. I wished I had money to buy a t-shirt, but don't even know if they had them for sale. I'm sure they didn't say they'd sign autographs, it was a huge arena! I wish I would have saved my ticket stub.

So welcome and join right in!
    https://i.imgur.com/CuSdAQM.jpg
    "They will never forget you 'till somebody new comes along"
    1948-2016 Gone but not forgotten

Wow! Thanks for all the nice welcomes. I got to thinking you might be thinking different things-my husband died of a heart attack. I held it together pretty good-but I lost it when I called to tell his sister.

I'm glad you're enjoying my concert experiences. I have enjoyed all of your experiences and your knowledge. I can't keep all those facts in my head. I have to relearn some of them.

I can't tell you all my concert experiences the same week! I don't have that many. I'll go over to the concert thread & write about my Duluth experience.

Welcome Judy. It is so great to hear all the stories you started so thank you for jump starting the memories. I know you will enjoy your journey here with everyone-and take it from me-you will!
    I possess the silver bullets to slay the demons from my past. How do I know? Because I survived them-and I am already stronger than I believe.

I'm a bit late too in welcoming you but better late than never. Hope you enjoy your stay here.
    Melanie