Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: Celebration of "Ordinary Average Guy"

Default Re: Celebration of "Ordinary Average Guy"

Happy 29th Birthday to Ordinary Average Guy.

Brothers for life. RIP Glenn

I'm not sure I believe in fate, but I know that crossing paths with Glenn Lewis Frey in 1970 changed my life forever, and it eventually had an impact on the lives of millions of other people all over the planet. It will be very strange going forward in a world without him in it. But, I will be grateful, every day, that he was in my life. Rest in peace, my brother. You did what you set out to do, and then some." -Don Henley

Wow! Cheers! I know a lot of people don't like this album and all though it's not my fave, I do like it. I play songs regularly from it -- especially. "All of a Sudden", "You Might Need Somebody", "Two Sides to Every Story" and of course the title track. Deeper cuts aren't bad either , and maybe I'm in the minority but I found the "The Gamma Goochee" fun

Joe was struggling personally, and Trying to find where he fit in the 80s/90s which was loaded with over production and synthesizers...is it his best? No but go back and listen to some of the stuff from that era and you'll find a lot of the classic rock artists having a hard time trying to fit into that sound (in my opinion). I wish he wouldve just rocked out, but what can you do?

I love the cover art! Sorry but I do it just pops. I am currently coming up with a Eagles wall which will have the tickets for the MSG show, concert pics and disxography, and also a Joe wall...torn how to do this thinking off doing a collage with his album covers.

Moderator Ive always been a dreamer's Avatar
    Cruising down the center of a two-way street in VA

HAPPY ANNIVERSARY TO OAG!!!

I tend to prefer Joe's earlier work to his '90's stuff, but I do love the title track. It's really fun live, too.

"People don't run out of dreams: People just run out of time ..."
    Glenn Frey 11/06/1948 - 01/18/2016

Absolutely dreamer his early stuff is superior, but I think this album gets a bad rap. Especially with all that was going on it sure did take a toll on him, thank God he did the right thing and got sober.