Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New York Minute

Stuck on the Border Henley Honey's Avatar

Default New York Minute

Hi,
    I'll just take a New York Minute to introduce myself. I've been checking out the site for a while, but when I found the Don Henley concert info on his upcoming show in Saratoga, CA I knew I had to register and share the news. I posted it on the "Concert" thread, but if there was a more appropriate location, please let me know for future reference.
    I've been an Eagles fan since -- forever . . . They were my first concert in NYC's Central Park in the summer of '74 (Could have been '75) and since then I've been fortunate enough to see them all over the States from NY to the Hollywood Bowl and many cities in between. It NEVER gets old.
    I relentlessly drag my poor husband with me from city to city, but he's a big fan as well and good sport. I couldn't talk him into a small walkabout for their last Australian leg, but I'm hopeful they'll be back home and on the road in August, October & December ! Here's hoping . . . .

Question Re: New York Minute

Quote Originally Posted by Henley Honey View Post
    Hi,
    I'll just take a New York Minute to introduce myself. I've been checking out the site for a while, but when I found the Don Henley concert info on his upcoming show in Saratoga, CA I knew I had to register and share the news. I posted it on the "Concert" thread, but if there was a more appropriate location, please let me know for future reference.
    I've been an Eagles fan since -- forever . . . They were my first concert in NYC's Central Park in the summer of '74 (Could have been '75) and since then I've been fortunate enough to see them all over the States from NY to the Hollywood Bowl and many cities in between. It NEVER gets old.
    I relentlessly drag my poor husband with me from city to city, but he's a big fan as well and good sport. I couldn't talk him into a small walkabout for their last Australian leg, but I'm hopeful they'll be back home and on the road in August, October & December ! Here's hoping . . . .
    Welcome!
    -Austin-
    Resident Guitar Slinger
    Fan of the Eagles from 1972-2016 #NOGLENNNOEAGLES

RIP Glenn Frey and Randy Meisner

"So often times it happens that we live our lives in chains and we never even know we have the key..."

Default Re: Hi from MN

Hey, Henley Honey. Welcome!

Now which one of the guys has your heart?

Seriously, come on in! Grab a beer (or mind altering substance be it liquid or whatever), kick off your shoes, let down your hair and enjoy the discussions! I look forward to getting to know you.

MikeA

Stuck on the Border TimothyBFan's Avatar

Welcome Henley Honey!!! Please go into the concert reviews thread and tell us about some of your concert experiences!! We'd love to hear them!!!
    He sings it high, he plays it low

Down some endless road just south of nowhere (Missouri)

Welcome from me, too, Henley Honey! Glad you found us! This is a great place to be if you love the Eagles!

I'd also love to hear all about your Eagles experiences!
    https://i.imgur.com/CuSdAQM.jpg
    "They will never forget you 'till somebody new comes along"
    1948-2016 Gone but not forgotten

Welcome Henley Honey! I think you will enjoy it here. Have fun reading everyone's posts.

Stuck on the Border

Hi and welcome, HH. Glad you decided to join us!
    [

Welcome, HH. Hope you like it here! I'm gonna make you your very own thread!

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

Default Re: New York Minute

Welcome Henley Honey! Hope you have a nice time here!
    "For the record, we never broke up, we just took a 14-year vacation!"
    (Glenn Frey)

Stuck on the Border Henley Honey's Avatar

Default Re: New York Minute

Thanks for the warm welcome! When I first found this site I excitedly told my husband all about it. His response was a very bland "Thats nice". I said "No no no no no. You don't get it. These are my peeps". He still didn't get it. So to put it in perspective for him I asked if he remembered our trip to Walmart the day that LROOE was released. He did. I asked if he remembered that the CD's had arrived at the store but could not be located. He did. I asked if he remembered me on my hands and knees tearing open 15 cartons on the department floor in a desperate attempt to find them. He did. I said "These are the people who would have been on their hands and knees right along side me." He got it.
    I look forward to sharing my experiences on the concert thread. I think I'll start with Louisville, KY in October of 2010 -- when Don Henley blew me a kiss at the end of the show. Ahhhhhh. Fabulous.