Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: New York Minute

Stuck on the Border TimothyBFan's Avatar

Default Re: New York Minute

Quote Originally Posted by Henley Honey View Post
    I said "These are the people who would have been on their hands and knees right along side me."
    Love it!!! And you are so right!!!! We all understand. And a lot of us have spouses just like yours. I'm lucky, my husband has always been very understanding thru it all. He was told over 25 years ago, the only man I would ever leave him for was a long haired bass player. He got it!
    He sings it high, he plays it low

Down some endless road just south of nowhere (Missouri)

I think I'll start with Louisville, KY in October of 2010 -- when Don Henley blew me a kiss at the end of the show. Ahhhhhh. Fabulous.
    Oh wow! How cool!

And welcome from me, too! This is such a fun Eagles loving place! Glad you found us and decided to join!

Quote Originally Posted by TimothyBFan View Post
    Love it!!! And you are so right!!!! We all understand. And a lot of us have spouses just like yours. I'm lucky, my husband has always been very understanding thru it all. He was told over 25 years ago, the only man I would ever leave him for was a long haired bass player. He got it!
    This reminds me, Willie, about when I went to a solo Don show, by myself, a few years ago. I told my hubby that if Don asked me to run away with him, I was going! He got it, too!
    https://i.imgur.com/CuSdAQM.jpg
    "They will never forget you 'till somebody new comes along"
    1948-2016 Gone but not forgotten

Welcome HH. Hope you have fun here with us.

Brooke. I've told my hubby pretty much the same thing too about Don. I've got my fingers crossed for July.
    Melanie

Moderator Ive always been a dreamer's Avatar
    Cruising down the center of a two-way street in VA

Sorry I'm a bit late, but welcome from me as well, Henley Honey. Glad you found us, and hope you like it here on The Border. I enjoy going to lots of shows too as time and $$ permits. I'm crossing my fingers that they will do a few late summer or fall shows this year, but my instincts are not giving me a warm fuzzy feeling. However, maybe Don's new album will be released and he will announce more show dates to promote it.

"People don't run out of dreams: People just run out of time ..."
    Glenn Frey 11/06/1948 - 01/18/2016

Thanks for the warm welcome! When I first found this site I excitedly told my husband all about it. His response was a very bland "Thats nice". I said "No no no no no. You don't get it. These are my peeps". He still didn't get it. So to put it in perspective for him I asked if he remembered our trip to Walmart the day that LROOE was released. He did. I asked if he remembered that the CD's had arrived at the store but could not be located. He did. I asked if he remembered me on my hands and knees tearing open 15 cartons on the department floor in a desperate attempt to find them. He did. I said "These are the people who would have been on their hands and knees right along side me." He got it.
    I look forward to sharing my experiences on the concert thread. I think I'll start with Louisville, KY in October of 2010 -- when Don Henley blew me a kiss at the end of the show. Ahhhhhh. Fabulous.
    This part had me lol too! And I can understand why you enjoyed your Louisville show last year. It was just after my Indianapolis show where Don stole my heart! You can read my review here.
    ~ Cathy ~

And I dream I'm on vacation 'Cause I like the way that sounds,
    It's a perfect occupation for me.