Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789

Thread: A few observations about Eagles shows.

Default Re: A few observations about Eagles shows.

Quote Originally Posted by Tori View Post
    Yeah, I don't like that either. I, of course, am guilty of yelling "I LOVE YOU" at an Eagle (Don ), but it was during band intros while everyone was applauding wildly. I would never do it in a quiet moment... people would think I'm crazy.
    And don't get me started on drunk people at concerts... one of the only things I remember about my first Eagles concert were the clearly intoxicated people in front of us loudly commenting on why a seven-year-old was at an Eagles concert. Pretty annoying.
    Good for you!

The seven year old was at the concert to hear the music. I wonder why the drunken idiots were there...
    ---------------------------------
    Suzanne

Well, maybe they figured a seven-year-old shouldn't be subjected to people like them, lol! I remember being at an outdoor concert one time and this guy not too far from me was smoking a joint right next to a kid who couldn't have been over ten. I thought, "You could at least step away from the kid when you light up!" Sure hope the kid wasn't his.

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

Moderator Ive always been a dreamer's Avatar
    Cruising down the center of a two-way street in VA

Quote Originally Posted by sodascouts View Post
    Well, maybe they figured a seven-year-old shouldn't be subjected to people like them, lol! I remember being at an outdoor concert one time and this guy not too far from me was smoking a joint right next to a kid who couldn't have been over ten. I thought, "You could at least step away from the kid when you light up!" Sure hope the kid wasn't his.
    I had to laugh at that Soda cause I was thinking exactly the opposite. I was thinking, sure hope it's his own kid he's doing that in front of instead of influencing someone else's kid. Either way - to me, he's a double loser! As I said earlier, I can tolerate some bad and obnoxious behavior at concerts - I guess I've just come to accept it on some level. But, I do have my limits. I guess it all boils down to the old addage 'one person's rights end where another's begins'.

"People don't run out of dreams: People just run out of time ..."
    Glenn Frey 11/06/1948 - 01/18/2016

Quote Originally Posted by Freypower View Post
    One bemused man at Niagara Falls shouted 'rock & roll' after Glenn finished singing the cover songs, but someone else (?) also shouted 'sing it baby' at him which was nice, although 'sing it' would have been enough.

That was a funny story about Love Is, Soda, because I didn't know the song either when I saw Stevie sing it!!
    Glenn got the last laugh though. When he finished the covers & was going to continue with rock & roll he turned to Danny Grenier & said "Play it loud, for that guy" & everybody laughed.

I don't mind the crowd singing along on some songs as long as they don't sing loud enough that I can't here the performers.

... On a journey from innocence to experience..... In Ireland!

Quote Originally Posted by Tori View Post
    Yeah, I don't like that either. I, of course, am guilty of yelling "I LOVE YOU" at an Eagle (Don ), but it was during band intros while everyone was applauding wildly. I would never do it in a quiet moment... people would think I'm crazy.
    And don't get me started on drunk people at concerts... one of the only things I remember about my first Eagles concert were the clearly intoxicated people in front of us loudly commenting on why a seven-year-old was at an Eagles concert. Pretty annoying.
    No! I would not call anything out at quiet moment either. There are times that are appropriate to do so and times that aren't as many seasoned concert goers know. Even with my (infamous!) banner I knew it just didn't feel right to put it up before the 1st encore. It was better to do it when the place had gotten more lively and Glenn had upped the tempo a bit.

I wonder how that louder guy in Niagara Falls would have coped on the Tuesday evening when the overall audience was a lot quieter?

Well done on making your first Eagles gig at age 7 Tori! My daughter was 6 for hers and my son was 5! Anyone know any younger age?
    'I must be leaving soon... its your world now'
    Glenn Frey 1948-2016 RIP

I've missed quite a lot on this thread, and have enjoyed reading all your anecdotes from the concerts you've attended.

I must say, at the Eagles concert GA, GEF and I attended in London in 2008, the crowd was very well behaved. Some of the more "stiff upper lip" attendees probably thought GA and I were somewhat outrageous with our enthusiastic behaviour early on in the show .

In all seriousness, though, we whooped and hollered while everyone else was whooping, hollering and applauding, and yes, I sang along with every single song, although I doubt it annoyed anybody - it wasn't loud enough. GA, was it loud enough?

And yes, I shouted "we love you!" and "I love you, Glenn " as they took their final bows, although I doubt anybody heard as the O2 Arena was erupting with a standing ovation at the time. Soon after, I got my personal attention from Glenn , so I guess I behaved respectably enough, despite extreme provocation.

As for drunk people at shows... I generally can't stand drunk people, but drunk people at shows, especially my shows with my partner, are even worse. He can't stand drunk people either, and we frequently have to deal with intoxicated members of the audience who consider themselves authorities on what we are doing, and offer their opinions and suggestions. They also frequently manage to fall over while dancing and threaten to compromise our equipment. Aaaaarrrrgggghhhh!

Perhaps I'm in the general minority, but I just don't understand why people can't enjoy themselves at a show without getting drunk.

I've got a peaceful, easy feeling
    And I know Glenn won't let me down

... On a journey from innocence to experience..... In Ireland!

Ah the memories MF! No, you weren't too loud in London! Your behaviour was impeccable! As was mine

In fairness the crowd that night were rather sedate!
    'I must be leaving soon... its your world now'
    Glenn Frey 1948-2016 RIP

As the saying goes. If it ain't broke don't fix it. I hate it when you listen to a live version of a song and you can't recognize it. I would hate for all these wonderful songs to be changed or sound different. They are great just as they are.