I'm new to this board but have been an eagles fan for a long time. I have never had the opportunity to see them live but have collected a number of bootlegs and listen to the frequently. I just thought I would share few observations and thought of mine.

1) early shows there are lots of talking and joking between band members. By 1980 Only Glen Fry Says anything at all between songs, with an occassional greeting by a band member before they sing a song. I attribute that to tensions between band members.

2) My dad is a Long time Jazz musician and he tells me that you can tell when a band is having a good time on stage as their playing will be better and more alive. From the 2 1980 shows I have it shows that they are not having a good time at all. Though they play excellently I found both performances Stiff and unimaginative. Seattle 1976 is a show were they really seem to be enjoying themselves and I think it shows.

3) The 4th verse on Tequila sunrise about going to Mexico, I find myself constantly wondering why Frey Never sings that after 1977. Correct me if I'm wrong. I perfer the version with the Mexico Verse.

4) Joe Walsh is one of the Best Guitarists in Rock and Roll. Frey/Henley's policy of Play it live exactly like the record must Bore him to tears. He could really have some fun with those songs if they let him. Led Zeppelin had no problems with not performing just like the record in concert.

5) Don Henley seems to rarely say anything in concert, even in the early shows.

6) Song I wish they would resurect for current tour - A good day in Hell.

7) I really like the Silver Dagger Intro to Take It easy they used to do. Also missed in later shows.

Just a few of my thoughts.