Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Don and Jerry Lee Lewis

Down some endless road just south of nowhere (Missouri)

Quote Originally Posted by SweetHolly
    Quote Originally Posted by DonFan
    Thanks, SH. I was expecting it to be the Irish Heart song. I wonder why they put that one on the CD and You Win Again on the special?

Anyway, I'm happier now because I know I taped the part of the special I really wanted!
    Don looked great but he really didn't sound like himself, did you think? My daughter Rachel, who knows I am a HUGE Henley fan, came in when I was watching it and said, "Wow, Mom, that doesn't even sound like Don. I like the rock songs much better."
    You're welcome. Not too sure. Don looked wonderful. I think he sounded pretty good. That's cool about your daughter.

I thought that was wierd, too, DonFan. I wish they would have put the Irish Heart song on the special, too. I did think Don looked great, but You Win Again just didn't do justice to Don. I also thought Jerry Lee acted a little strange during the whole show, but I don't really know anything about him except that he's getting up there in age.

You got lucky that you only got the last half hour on tape and that was when he performed!
    https://i.imgur.com/CuSdAQM.jpg
    "They will never forget you 'till somebody new comes along"
    1948-2016 Gone but not forgotten

Quote Originally Posted by Brooke
    You got lucky that you only got the last half hour on tape and that was when he performed!
    Thanks--it usually doesn't work out that way!

Stuck on the Border

I wanted to revive this briefly to say that I finally bought What Makes The Irish Heart Beat from iTunes and I heard it yesterday.

It's very country. I had no idea Lewis had such a strong country voice. At the start he reminded me of another singing drummer, Levon Helm. As for Don, when he finally sang a solo part I didn't realise it was him at first.

It isn't for everybody but if you have some Irish blood coursing through your veins as I do, you understand what's being said. I reallly like it. I like Don when he sings more 'down home' songs like this although he is a great rock/blues singer.