Thread: Rare 1973 live recording featuring 2 unreleased songs now available!

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Re: Rare 1973 live recording featuring 2 unreleased songs now available!

Quote Originally Posted by sodascouts View Post
    I think that whole intro is Glenn. Here is what I hear:

"...get loose and jam like that. It's awesome. [Pause] Georgia Peach! This is a song called Georgia Peach that Bernie wrote with a friend of his."

But hey, I could be wrong! Anyone else have any ideas?
    That's what I hear too. I tried to make out the lyrics to the song but had no luck.

Open up your eyes take the devil from your mind

Stuck on the Border

Default Re: Rare 1973 live recording featuring 2 unreleased songs now available!

There's some interest in early live recordings in another thread, so I'm bumping this. It's a critical time in Eagles history - between producers, trying to rock more and pre-Felder. Go to the first post in the thread to get the download link.

Stuck on the Border NightMistBlue's Avatar

A belated but huge thank you for this, especially to Mike for posting the mp3 files (I wasn't able to download a rar thing to unzip the big files).

I'm thrilled with the Randy song, and the guitars are heavy heavy heavy. Very impressive.

Border Rebel

I was at an Eagles show on December 8th 1973 in New Jersey and they played one of these songs during it, but introduced it as a two part song by Randy called "Oh Darlin'" and "I'm A Sinner." Maybe they changed the title to or from "Wait and See" by this particular date. They didn't play "Georgia Peach" (unfortunately), but did play "Bad Man" which appears on Randy's first solo album. However, Glenn was the one who sang it. Randy's long medley is so different from anything else the band ever recorded. Too bad it's not on any album and I'm guessing it's not likely to ever show up now.

Thanks for the information, Scottside! Very important and interesting details. You were at the Capitol Theater in Passaic, N.J.?

I agree it's a real pity that a studio recording of "Wait and See/I'm a Sinner" is apparently lost or destroyed. I can only hope that someone, somewhere has a copy.

Down some endless road just south of nowhere (Missouri)

SS, very cool that you were at that show! And that you can remember the details!
    https://i.imgur.com/CuSdAQM.jpg
    "They will never forget you 'till somebody new comes along"
    1948-2016 Gone but not forgotten

Scottside, here's a photo of Randy wearing a Capitol Theatre t-shirt!

Border Rebel

Quote Originally Posted by NightMistBlue View Post
    Thanks for the information, Scottside! Very important and interesting details. You were at the Capitol Theater in Passaic, N.J.?

I agree it's a real pity that a studio recording of "Wait and See/I'm a Sinner" is apparently lost or destroyed. I can only hope that someone, somewhere has a copy.
    Back in the day, The Capitol Theater was the place to go to see shows in the New York/New Jersey area, especially if you wanted to avoid going to NYC. It had about 3000+ seats and a very good sound system. I must've seen about 50 shows there over the years until the 80s or so when they stopped the concert stuff. I saw the Eagles there at least 4 times, twice in 1973, once in 1974 and once in 1975. After that, they were too big to play there and moved on to the arenas.

Love that Randy T-shirt, by the way!

Wow, you are so lucky to have seen the original Eagles multiple times!