Thread: Rare 1973 live recording featuring 2 unreleased songs now available!

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Re: Rare 1973 live recording featuring 2 unreleased songs now available!

Wow, that was a really quick response to these. You guys are really active here. Thanks for the responses.
    Sodascouts, you must have really discerning ears. I listened to these over and over again to try to make out what Glenn was saying, and just couldn't quite make it out. I attributed 'Wait and See' to Don, because I thought he said something like "This is a song from the new album, from Don, called 'Wait and See'". But, I think you are right.

As far as the Leadon song, in the song introduction, it did not sound anything like 'Georgia Peach' to me (still sounds like "This is a song called 'learn and teach' that Bernie wrote... ') However, someone else calls out what could be 'Georgia Peach' right before the song introduction, and in the song itself, it does sound like it could be 'Georgia Peach' at the end of the chorus. So, again, you may be right, but I never would have gotten that. Much thanks for the input.

As for the song lyrics, good luck with that, but it seems that you would probably be much better at figuring it out than me. Thanks again.

I think that these songs are truly an amazing find, as I have never heard any mention of them anywhere before, but they quite obviously were originally intended for the On The Border album, before it was reshaped and re-imagined under producer Bill Szymczyk's guidance. I think the songs are quite impressive. Would love to be able to hear studio versions of them (and any other songs that were disarded from these sessions).
    I have to thank the original taper, David M, for making this tape available after all these years (I have some other of his tapes of other country-rock bands available on the blog, and I have a few more yet to post, including another uncirculated Eagles show from 1974 that I am working on right now). Thanks again for the input, and hope you all enjoy these recordings.
    BBKron

Check out my music blog, the BB Chronicles at http://bbchron.blogspot.com

Default Re: Rare 1973 live recording featuring 2 unreleased songs now available!

Thanks to David M. as well. I'm looking forward to more! I love old bootlegs!

Quote Originally Posted by BBKron View Post
    As far as the Leadon song, in the song introduction, it did not sound anything like 'Georgia Peach' to me (still sounds like "This is a song called 'learn and teach' that Bernie wrote... ') However, someone else calls out what could be 'Georgia Peach' right before the song introduction, and in the song itself, it does sound like it could be 'Georgia Peach' at the end of the chorus. So, again, you may be right, but I never would have gotten that. Much thanks for the input.
    I think that whole intro is Glenn. Here is what I hear:

"...get loose and jam like that. It's awesome. [Pause] Georgia Peach! This is a song called Georgia Peach that Bernie wrote with a friend of his."

But hey, I could be wrong! Anyone else have any ideas?

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

Quote Originally Posted by sodascouts View Post
    I think that whole intro is Glenn. Here is what I hear:

"...get loose and jam like that. It's awesome. [Pause] Georgia Peach! This is a song called Georgia Peach that Bernie wrote with a friend of his."

But hey, I could be wrong! Anyone else have any ideas?
    That's what I hear too. I tried to make out the lyrics to the song but had no luck.

Open up your eyes take the devil from your mind

Stuck on the Border

There's some interest in early live recordings in another thread, so I'm bumping this. It's a critical time in Eagles history - between producers, trying to rock more and pre-Felder. Go to the first post in the thread to get the download link.

Stuck on the Border NightMistBlue's Avatar

A belated but huge thank you for this, especially to Mike for posting the mp3 files (I wasn't able to download a rar thing to unzip the big files).

I'm thrilled with the Randy song, and the guitars are heavy heavy heavy. Very impressive.

Border Rebel

I was at an Eagles show on December 8th 1973 in New Jersey and they played one of these songs during it, but introduced it as a two part song by Randy called "Oh Darlin'" and "I'm A Sinner." Maybe they changed the title to or from "Wait and See" by this particular date. They didn't play "Georgia Peach" (unfortunately), but did play "Bad Man" which appears on Randy's first solo album. However, Glenn was the one who sang it. Randy's long medley is so different from anything else the band ever recorded. Too bad it's not on any album and I'm guessing it's not likely to ever show up now.

Stuck on the Border NightMistBlue's Avatar

Thanks for the information, Scottside! Very important and interesting details. You were at the Capitol Theater in Passaic, N.J.?

I agree it's a real pity that a studio recording of "Wait and See/I'm a Sinner" is apparently lost or destroyed. I can only hope that someone, somewhere has a copy.