Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: Rare 1973 live recording featuring 2 unreleased songs now available!

Default Re: Rare 1973 live recording featuring 2 unreleased songs now available!

I'm keeping quiet here. Not admitting my failures for all to see. Luckily I have a friend who is ready and willing to help. Okay a friend with a big headache
    Melanie

Stuck on the Border tequila girl's Avatar

Default Re: Rare 1973 live recording featuring 2 unreleased songs now available!

I also tried the original link....and yours too Mike....to no avail..........
    is it 'cos i'm blonde/grey? or just thick?

anyways.........i'm waiting on a trusted friend to come to the rescue!

eta a few minutes after posting this I got something from Mike's link......things must be goin' slowwwwwwwww...........
    Last edited by tequila girl; 05-05-2011 at 03:46 PM.
    ~Carole~

There is no more new frontier - we have got to make it here

Border Desperado GettheLeadonOut!!'s Avatar

Anybody want to take a stab at transcribing Bernie's "Georgia Peach"? (I think soda is right about the song title and possibly it's connection to Gram).

It's a great boogie woogie diddy, with great high harmony assistance from Randy. I think that's Glen on bottle neck and maybe Bernie on the guitar solo?

Time for the "On the Border Deluxe Edition" with these two songs dug out of the vaults, they are both excellent!
    High up on his own, the Eagle flies alone and he is free...

Down some endless road just south of nowhere (Missouri)

Finally got to listen to these! The first one is quite "groundbreaking" for the Eagles to do a song over 11 minutes long back then! I really like it though!

I think the last one is Georgia Peach, too, but I can't make out much else.

Wow, new old songs from the Eagles! Amazing!
    https://i.imgur.com/CuSdAQM.jpg
    "They will never forget you 'till somebody new comes along"
    1948-2016 Gone but not forgotten

Moderator Ive always been a dreamer's Avatar
    Cruising down the center of a two-way street in VA

OMG - These are freakin' amazing!!!

Now thank you all for letting me indulge myself and take a moment to regain my composure.

I saw this thread when BBKron started it a few day ago, but have been so swamped this week that I hadn't had a chance to read (and listen) before now. First of all, a HUGE thank you to David M. and BBKron for sharing these gems with us. And to Mike as well for converting it to mp3 for us.

Just a tip for everyone - be patient ... it takes a while to download, but it is totally worth the time to hear these. It probably comes as no shock that I love both of them.

Quote Originally Posted by BBKron
    I think that these songs are truly an amazing find, as I have never heard any mention of them anywhere before, but they quite obviously were originally intended for the On The Border album, before it was reshaped and re-imagined under producer Bill Szymczyk's guidance. I think the songs are quite impressive. Would love to be able to hear studio versions of them (and any other songs that were disarded from these sessions).
    Couldn't agree with you more!

Quote Originally Posted by GettheLeadonOut!! View Post
    Time for the "On the Border Deluxe Edition" with these two songs dug out of the vaults, they are both excellent!
    Couldn't agree with you more, either!

These songs are awesome - so different from the band's other stuff at the time. They should have totally stuck with them and included them on the album. Would love to know why they didn't. I've often said, I would have loved to have heard Bernie do some more uptempo stuff with the band and this is exactly what I would had envisioned for him ... Georgia Peach (I think that's right too) ROCKS!!! Wait and See is great too - as Brooke said - totally different from anything else the band was doing at that time.

Okay - can hardly contain my excitement so I'm going back and take another listen!!!

Thanks again for sharing this guys!!!

"People don't run out of dreams: People just run out of time ..."
    Glenn Frey 11/06/1948 - 01/18/2016

Out on the Border

Though I wish the quality was a bit better, it was incredible to listen to some new eagles music from the mid 70's. I especially liked Wait & See, that absoutely should have been on On the Border. I think that could have been a hit.

I can only hope the recorded versions of Wait & See and Georga Peach still exist somewhere in a vault so they could be released some day.

I was listening to Wait and See to try and listen to the chord changes to try and figure out who wrote it. In some spots it sounded a bit like Outlaw man written by D. Blue. The first bit sounded like Take It Easy, and it does remind me of other Glen Frey songs. My best guess is that it was written by Glen Frey/Don Henley/Randy Meisner.

The opening reminded me of Take It Easy, too.

There was only a limited amount of room on On the Border, so what would have to go to make room for these songs, though?

I know which one I would ditch: You Never Cry Like a Lover! Either of these are superior than that, but I think out of the two I prefer Wait and See.

Don and Glenn insist that there are no outtakes lying around, so I guess these tapes were destroyed when they left Glyn Johns. What a shame.

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

Out on the Border

I can only hope that either they simply forgot about those songs and they are lying aroud somewhere or they just said there were no more outtakes so people wouldn't keep bugging them to release them.

I would be tempted to actually write a letter to the eagles management inquiring if those two songs exist anymore and if so would thought ever be given to releasing them. If I did write a letter on the subject to them, I'm kinda doubtful I would get any response however.

Some things are simply lost to history unfortunately...

Just listened to Wait and See and I do believe, and I've listened to a lot of Randy Meisnr, It's Don Henley on vocals, because you can hear Randy on the backup pretty clearly with his infamous twang. Maybe I'm wrong but it sounds to deep for Randy in the beginning. But....Then the very end sounds like Randy. There are a few songs where Glenn and Don both sing so maybe both did this one

So Put Me On A Highway And Show Me A Sign
    And Take It To The Limit One More Time..............

Stuck on the Border

I haven't heard it for a while but I thought it was either Bernie or Glenn singing lead, not Don Henley. But if you read Soda's post at the start of the thread, she thinks it is Randy.