Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Rare 1973 live recording featuring 2 unreleased songs now available!

Out on the Border

Default Re: Rare 1973 live recording featuring 2 unreleased songs now available!

So I'm bored almost to tears with a work thing I'm doing so I've listened like 100 more times. This line:
    We could be getting any [better]

Might be this instead:
    We could be given anything

And this line:
    And we could wind up [better]

Might end with:
    there or together

The Georgia Peach is a hopeless cause for me. Permanent hearing loss of low tones & it just pisses me off trying to figure any of it out!

Default Re: Rare 1973 live recording featuring 2 unreleased songs now available!

Quote Originally Posted by ootn75 View Post
    So I'm bored almost to tears with a work thing I'm doing so I've listened like 100 more times. This line:
    We could be getting any [better]
    We could be getting into trouble

Quote Originally Posted by ootn75 View Post
    And this line:
    And we could wind up [better]

Might end with:
    there or together
    We could wind up in trouble
    if it's just a fantasy

Stuck on the Border

All the talk on the "Least Favourite" thread about the role of HC in pushing the band forward made me think of this bootleg and what a remarkable piece of Eagles history it is. It shows the band in transition. There's still bluegrass and ballads but there are a lot of "rockier" songs. No Felder, no Walsh so Frey and Leadon are having to work pretty hard.

Moderator Ive always been a dreamer's Avatar
    Cruising down the center of a two-way street in VA

Yep - I agree, UTW. As I said in the other thread, many of the band's songs that sound country by today's standards, were considered more rock and roll back in the 70's. I think part of the band's legacy is due to the successful way they were able to incorporate all styles of music into their catalog from the outset no matter who was in the band.

"People don't run out of dreams: People just run out of time ..."
    Glenn Frey 11/06/1948 - 01/18/2016

Out on the Border

I meant to tell you that you made my day posting the rest of the lyrics. I wouldn't have gotten there on my own! ;o)

Quote Originally Posted by Scarlet Sun View Post
    We could be getting into trouble

We could wind up in trouble
    if it's just a fantasy

Stuck on the Border

There's some interest in early live recordings in another thread, so I'm bumping this. It's a critical time in Eagles history - between producers, trying to rock more and pre-Felder. Go to the first post in the thread to get the download link.

Stuck on the Border NightMistBlue's Avatar

A belated but huge thank you for this, especially to Mike for posting the mp3 files (I wasn't able to download a rar thing to unzip the big files).

I'm thrilled with the Randy song, and the guitars are heavy heavy heavy. Very impressive.

Border Rebel

I was at an Eagles show on December 8th 1973 in New Jersey and they played one of these songs during it, but introduced it as a two part song by Randy called "Oh Darlin'" and "I'm A Sinner." Maybe they changed the title to or from "Wait and See" by this particular date. They didn't play "Georgia Peach" (unfortunately), but did play "Bad Man" which appears on Randy's first solo album. However, Glenn was the one who sang it. Randy's long medley is so different from anything else the band ever recorded. Too bad it's not on any album and I'm guessing it's not likely to ever show up now.

Stuck on the Border NightMistBlue's Avatar

Thanks for the information, Scottside! Very important and interesting details. You were at the Capitol Theater in Passaic, N.J.?

I agree it's a real pity that a studio recording of "Wait and See/I'm a Sinner" is apparently lost or destroyed. I can only hope that someone, somewhere has a copy.

Down some endless road just south of nowhere (Missouri)

SS, very cool that you were at that show! And that you can remember the details!
    https://i.imgur.com/CuSdAQM.jpg
    "They will never forget you 'till somebody new comes along"
    1948-2016 Gone but not forgotten