Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 345678 LastLast

Thread: Rare 1973 live recording featuring 2 unreleased songs now available!

Default Re: Rare 1973 live recording featuring 2 unreleased songs now available!

Quote Originally Posted by NightMistBlue View Post

OT: is there like an Indian headdress on Henley's bass drum, or am I looking at it funny?
    I thought it was a painted-on decoration.... hard to tell though.

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

Stuck on the Border NightMistBlue's Avatar

Default Re: Rare 1973 live recording featuring 2 unreleased songs now available!

A version of "Wait and See" hath appeared unto us, and it sounds clearer. It's still the same performance from the Holy Cross concert, but it sounds like someone has cleaned it up a bit. Thank you, Someone.

http://mvabercrombie.net/Music/Wait%20and%20See.mp3

This remarkable song needs to be released! The studio version!

Thanks, NMB!

Right or wrong, what’s done is done
    It’s only moments that you borrow...

Stuck on the Border

Wow, very cool ! Thank you NMB and as you said, thanks to whomever posted it. I would love to have video of that Holy Cross concert. They did some great songs. I love the early Eagles concert footage.

I know who posted that, and he's awesome, so yes - thanks to him! I love these rarities (so much for there not being any outtake songs).

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

Normally I don't tend to like longer songs like this one but I really enjoyed listening to it. I would have loved to hear it as a studio version.
    Last edited by Magnolia; 11-11-2017 at 01:40 AM.

Awesome, thank you!

"Let's burn our long johns and head west" - Glenn Frey 1948-2016

Out on the Border

I was at the Holy Cross concert. In fact, I was sitting on the floor just a few feet from the 'stage' (risers on the field house floor). I was thrilled to come across the recording recently, despite the rather low fidelity. I was there to review the concert for the college newspaper. I still have a copy of my review. I do not, however, recall either of the two unreleased songs. I was very familiar with the Eagles first two albums, and mentioned other then-unreleased songs (James Dean, Good Day in Hell, Ol' 55) in the review. I tried to attach a copy of my review but the scanned image is too large for this board.

Jim

Stuck on the Border

I'd love to read your review, so if you can find a way of reducing its size, please do.

Stuck on the Border

We have talked about this concert forever ! Any info you can give would be great !