Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Celebration of Feed the Fire

Default Celebration of Feed the Fire

Timothy's Feed the Fire album was released 10 years ago today! I think this may be my favorite Timothy album.

Open up your eyes take the devil from your mind

Moderator Ive always been a dreamer's Avatar
    Cruising down the center of a two-way street in VA

Default Re: Celebration of Feed the Fire

Thanks for starting this thread, wc. Being as we are celebrating Mother's Day here in the states, I have limited time on the board today. I knew there were a few special occasions that needed to be recognized though, so I popped in to do that. I was very pleased to see you had taken care of this for me.

Anyway, I'll try to comment more on this album when I have more time, but I like it a lot too. Expando is now my favorite, but I waver back and forth on where this one stands among my favorites of Tim's solo work. I can't decide if this one or Tell Me the Truth is my second favorite, so I guess I need to do more homework! This album does contain my all time favorite Tim solo song though, which is Every Song Is You - absolutely LOVE it!!!

"People don't run out of dreams: People just run out of time ..."
    Glenn Frey 11/06/1948 - 01/18/2016

I love this album - and recently, it's become much easier for fans to get at a reasonable price! It's back in print!

[ame]http://www.amazon.com/Feed-Fire-Timothy-B-Schmit/dp/B00005JCI8/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=music&qid=1304877705&sr=8-1[/ame]

A must-have for all Tim fans.

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

This, along with Expando, is his best album IMO. Happy 10 year anniversary to Feed The Fire!

My favorite goes back and forth between Feed the Fire and Expando. Right now Feed the Fire is my favorite.

Open up your eyes take the devil from your mind

Feed the Fire has my favourite Tim song of all - The shadow.

Loved it from the first time I played it, and then it was the first song he sang at Cadogan Hall last year (so therefore the first song I heard him sing live).

Can't pick a favourite album though - love them all!

Stuck on the Border AzEaglesFan's Avatar

The Shadow is my favorite Timothy song.

OK, some of my thoughts:

The Shadow - I love this song. Such beautiful guitar, a wonderful vocal, and an interesting melody that doesn't go where you expect it to, yet holds together perfectly. Very sophisticated. One of his best songs.

Every Song Is You - This is my favorite Timothy song. It's so fun and catchy - you can't help but sing along with that chorus. Strong melody, strong vocal... Tim just excels on this song.

Make You Feel My Love - Ooooh, the vocals here make me melt. The best version of this song I've ever heard (I know, I'm biased, lol). It gives me chills. Magnificent.

I'll Always Let You In - This song reminds me of "Tell Me What You Dream" in some parts, and structurally it reminds me of "The Shadow." It's not my favorite - the chorus sounds a bit too BeeGee for my taste - but I do like the song's pep.

Running - A little too sedate for me... a very sleepy song. Ironic considering it's named "Running"! It does pick up energy at the bridge but then it returns to sleepy-ville.

I'm Not Angry Anymore - This song intrigues me. Who is he talking about here? It's so different but it works. I really like it. Nice guitar solo, too.

Give Me Back My Sight - Another song that defies expectations. It starts out almost barbershop, then takes on a jazzy vibe. While it's not a standout track, I think it works overall.

You Are Everything - I didn't realize this had been recorded by others until I heard it played at a party with someone other than Timothy singing! I was disappointed, as you can imagine, lol. It's a little too sleepy to be at the top of my list, but it's certainly not bad and chorus can get stuck in your head (I know from experience). Good harmonies.

Top of the Stairs - Tim harmonizing with himself acapella. What a great showcase for his amazing voice, which of course is flawless here. Love it!

Moment of Truth - Very catchy song, great melody. This is such an underrated song. I think it's great!

Song for Owen - This song is so touching and sweet. His vocal is so gentle... love it. Great way to end the album.

I'm with the consensus this far - Feed the Fire is right up there with Expando as my favorite Timothy album!

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

Stuck on the Border TimothyBFan's Avatar

I pretty much agree with everything Soda has said above, right down to Every Song Is You being my all time favorite song from Timothy (tho Secular Praise has become an extremely close 2nd).

And on the shallow side-----how freakin' gorgeous is he in EVERY picture during the Feed The Fire era!?!?!?
    He sings it high, he plays it low

Moderator Ive always been a dreamer's Avatar
    Cruising down the center of a two-way street in VA

Willie - Secular Praise is very high on my list as well - it is absolutely beautiful.

As far as those FTF photos - they are great. But like I said in another thread today, I don't like soul patches so if someone could photoshop the soul patch out for me, the hotness factor would shoot way up!

"People don't run out of dreams: People just run out of time ..."
    Glenn Frey 11/06/1948 - 01/18/2016