Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Wouldn't a live version of the Hotel California album be nice.

Stuck on the Border

Default Re: Wouldn't a live version of the Hotel California album be nice.

Quote Originally Posted by WalshFan88 View Post
    Sure they've sold it, but really do you honestly think their fans are going to want to hear it front to back and only that and nothing else? They are known for their other songs and most people want to hear the hits. You can't deny that they are known for their older material. I guarantee you more people would want to hear HC front to back than LROOE if they had a choice.

Agree to disagree indeed. I just think LROOE lacks the chemistry that the band had in their earlier days. I don't mind them only playing the older stuff at all, in fact I'd much prefer it. When I go see them, I want to hear the hits... And the solo songs. That's why I go in the first place. If I went to an Eagles show and didn't hear "Hotel California" or "Life's Been Good" I'd go bloody ballistic. Start a few riots, boycott, whatever. Just kidding!
    And I would go ballistic if I wasn't given something more recent than the stuff I have heard over & over & over again.

Stuck on the Border

Quote Originally Posted by Freypower View Post
    And I would go ballistic if I wasn't given something more recent than the stuff I have heard over & over & over again.
    Well since they usually play 2 or 3 nights at the same venue one night could be 'hits night' for those who want to hear the older stuff, one night could be 'new stuff night' for those who prefer their more modernized music. That way they would appeal and have something for all of their fans. So neither of us would feel left out. And those who want to hear both can go both nights.

Quote Originally Posted by Freypower View Post
    I really wish I had had the opportunity to hear ANY of their stuff over & over again (live!).

I am really hopeful that for their 40th anniversary they do another world tour - they can start with the US as long as they do Down Under too! - and revise the setlist to play some of the stuff that has been popular over the last 40 years that they're not doing at the moment: Tequila Sunrise, NKIT, Sad Cafe - as well as new stuff: WDIDWMH and Somebody... I'm dreaming BIG!!

I've been playing HFO and F1 over the last week, and there are several song differences between each of them, and what they're doing at the moment, so maybe... just maybe...
    ---------------------------------
    Suzanne

Stuck on the Border

The first time I saw them they did a setlist based around the HFO show. They won't revisit that. It is also highly unlikely they will reintroduce songs from the F1 tour that are now gone.

I realise that you are looking at this from the 40th anniversary viewpoint but I wouldn't hold my breath for any changes.

As for the 'over & over again' comment I have to say that when I went to see them last year it was primarily to hear the LROOE songs. I did see three songs I hadn't seen before in addition to those - Seven Bridges Road (some of it), Witchy Woman & Best Of My Love. That is not to say that I didn't enjoy the other songs.

Down some endless road just south of nowhere (Missouri)

I can't imagine going to their show and only hearing songs from one album. I also can't imagine going and not hearing the hits. I would have to say I would prefer hearing all the regulars (and including those they have dropped like TS and AG) with a sprinkling of newer songs like Somebody and Long Road Out of Eden.

I'll just bet they are planning a huge world tour for the 40th A.
    https://i.imgur.com/CuSdAQM.jpg
    "They will never forget you 'till somebody new comes along"
    1948-2016 Gone but not forgotten