Page 48 of 114 FirstFirst ... 384445464748495051525898 ... LastLast

Thread: Concerts

Stuck on the Border

Default Re: Concerts

Quote Originally Posted by Ive always been a dreamer View Post
    That sounds like a great show, Molly. How awesome that you got 4th row seats. How did you manage that? Is Summerfest reserved seating or general admission?
    There are several stages at Summerfest ranging in size. All but one are included with general admission. For $15 you can walk around and see as many acts on as many of the general admission stages as you want. This year we strolled in and joined the crowd to see Savoy Brown and before we left for the evening we caught a little bit of Phil Vasser. 2 years ago we saw Heart with general admission.

The largest stage (the Marcus Amphitheatre) is reserved seating (the Eagles played the Marcus in 2002). This year over the 11 day festival besides ZZT and Petty we had Tim McGraw, Eric Clapton/Roger Daltry, Justin Bierber, Usher, Rush, Carrie Underwood, The American Idols, etc.

Last night was Idol night. The Carrie Underwood on the main stage and Danny Gokey on one of the general admission stages.

One of these years, I'm going to take the week off and spend every day at the lakefront just wandering from stage to stage.

Stuck on the Border

Oh, I almost forgot. We went to the show with hubby's boss (Dan) and his wife (Chris). Had only met them once before breifly, so wasn't sure what to expect.

Turns out Chris is a huuuuuge Eagles fan!! And not just an Eagles fan -but possibly the newest member of the Glenn Frey stalker club aka GFGWOB (as hubby calls it). We bonded immediately.

I filled her in on some of my (our) solo concert adventures as well as Pebble Beach. She was impressed!

I just found out the cover band "Hotel California" is going to be playing a festival right here in West Bend in 3 weeks. I'm pestering hubby to invite Dan and Chris up so I have someone who will appreciate the show as much as I do.

Border Desperado

Molly,
    Sounds like a great show. Glad you had a great time. I get to
    see Tom Petty next month in Nashville on August 12th. The opening
    act for this show will be Crosby,Stills & Nash instead of ZZ Top. This
    should be a good one, too.

Rick
    "It's only Rock and Roll, but I like it"

Stuck on the Border TimothyBFan's Avatar

Molly-what an awesome bill with ZZ Top and Tom Petty both on it. Thanks for the great pictures!

You guys talking about the bearded ones. You ought to see my son. He'd give these guys a run for their money. I should post a new picture of Dillon with his mega beard. It's ridiculous and I hate it but he sure gets attention. All the counselors at the camp he's working at have nicknames, is is Captain Red Beard. Ugh!!
    He sings it high, he plays it low

Quote Originally Posted by Molly View Post
    Oh, I almost forgot. We went to the show with hubby's boss (Dan) and his wife (Chris). Had only met them once before breifly, so wasn't sure what to expect.

Turns out Chris is a huuuuuge Eagles fan!! And not just an Eagles fan -but possibly the newest member of the Glenn Frey stalker club aka GFGWOB (as hubby calls it). We bonded immediately.

I filled her in on some of my (our) solo concert adventures as well as Pebble Beach. She was impressed!

I just found out the cover band "Hotel California" is going to be playing a festival right here in West Bend in 3 weeks. I'm pestering hubby to invite Dan and Chris up so I have someone who will appreciate the show as much as I do.
    OK, Molly, what are the initials that don't spell GFSC (Glenn Frey Stalker Club?) I just saw Hotel California last night, and they did a commendable job re-creating Eagles hits from the through "The Long Run." I think you will like them!
    ~Eva~

...the calling of the tide's eternal tune, the phases of the moon, the chambers of the heart, the egg and dart...

I've been to Summerfest twice - in 2005, I saw Stevie Nicks on the main stage; a couple years later, I saw Lindsey Buckingham on one of the smaller stages. Like Molly, I had a really good time, although my experience was much more limited! I didn't realize Tom Petty did a cover of "Oh Well." Cool! And I'm always thrilled to be associated with Fleetwood Mac in any way, lol.

Cool about Chris, Molly. And I think I'll let you answer evet's question.

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

Stuck on the Border

Quote Originally Posted by eaglesvet View Post
    OK, Molly, what are the initials that don't spell GFSC (Glenn Frey Stalker Club?) I just saw Hotel California last night, and they did a commendable job re-creating Eagles hits from the through "The Long Run." I think you will like them!

When telling people about my Pebble Beach experience, hubby would refer to the other ladies and me as "groupies". I told him we didn't have the same "benefits" that groupies would otherwise be afforded. Thus, GFGWOB (Glenn Frey Groupies w/o benefits).

Default Re: What Concerts Have You Seen Lately?

I saw The Eagles, then Tom Petty, and over the fourth of July I saw Blues Traveler. Blues Traveler is really great to see live! Tom Petty was AMAZING! If you're Petty fans, check out his new album Mojo. It's just as good as his older stuff. And The Eagles... WOW is all I can say. I'm so lucky to have seen them! I will be seeing James Taylor and Carole King, and I believe I'm also seeing Barenaked Ladies later on this summer.

Between June 2008 and June 2009, I saw Styx and Boston (they were touring together), REO Speedwagon, the Eagles, Foreigner, and Fleetwood Mac. They were all great but I must say, the Eagles were my favorite (imagine that).

Open up your eyes take the devil from your mind

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by sodascouts View Post
    Yeah, it's expensive, but I can't help but notice you get a lot more bang for your buck than with the Eagles ones. And if you wanna meet Joe Walsh, you gotta shell out $5000!
    I certainly hope that the 5,000 dollars is at least donated to some charity?