Quote Originally Posted by TimothyBFan View Post
I'm with ya PB-LOVE comedy and have seen several comedians. My faves are Carrot Top (I cried thru the whole show from laughing so hard). You have to really pay attention to him because he throws them out so fast! Besides, who can look at the man without laughing before he even opens his mouth? LOVE HIM!!!! I also liked Steven Wright, but you really have to like dry humor to enjoy him. We were also lucky to have been able to see George Carlin about 20 years ago (the night after we were married in fact). He was great-if you like sarcasm, which I hate to admit, I do.
I remember seeing George Carlin on TV when I was a girl (who knows what show??) when he did his weatherman routine, and thinking then how hilarious he was! I also saw him live maybe 15 years ago, and loved it. Not only sarcasm, but intelligent humor...that's what I loved about his comedy. That baseball/football routine--what a classic!

Other than that, the only other famous comic I saw live was Eddie Murphy in 1986, so he was pretty much in his prime. The only problem was that I was a senior vet student on a busy equine rotation that summer-- where we were on call all night, as well as in clinics during the day. I have never been so tired in all of my life! I had the distinction of falling asleep at many an event that summer. Once I fell asleep standing up, leaning against one of the hospital's horse pens, as the clinician and resident were showing my group of senior students how to do some important procedure--NOT a good thing to do!! Anyway, back to Eddie Murphy, known for his obscenity-laden live shows...all I can say is I was probably the only one in the entire audience who snoozed through a good portion of the show! My boyfriend at the time, a younger and well-rested vet student, was unsuccessful in reviving me...but at least did not hold that against me. (He knew he would be suffering the same fate the next year.) So, I have no review to offer of Eddie's brand of comedy...but I bet I liked George Carlin better!