Last night a couple of my friends and I went to see the Eagles tribute band "Hotel California".

The performed in our high school auditorium for a local fundraiser. As we entered the building, I was alarmed to see the crowd was made up of probably 50% elderly people. And by elderly, I mean elderly - 70 year olds if they were a day! What the heck?? The seating was first come first so it wasn't a challenge to hurry down past Grandpma shuffling to find herself a seat.

My 2 friends and I parked ourselves 2nd row center. As we sat down, 2 teenagers turned around, seeing me wearing an Eagles t-shirt said "Oh, finally, some actual fans!" One of the girls would occasionally turn around and talk to us about the band over her shoulder. At one point, she turned all the way around and we could see what she was wearing. Now, mind you, this girl is probably only 16 or 17 years old. She was wearing a clingy shirt that was waaaay to small for her not so small torso. And as she turned around to face us, all 3 of us got an eyeful of BOOBS!!! Oh my goodness!! Also mind you, these girls are front row center.

The band was very good. As dreamer said in an earlier post, the guys don't resemble the originals at all. They're very good musicians, however, and that was very enjoyable. The drummer ("Henley") did, as Kay said, sound pretty Donnish on most numbers. 2 of the other members took turns doing Glenn songs and the bassist did a Randy song and a Joe song.

Set list: TIE, Witchy Woman, PEF, Desperado, TS, Already Gone, BOML (acoustic and very good), Lyin' Eyes (introduced as the 1st song to win the Eagles a Grammy -dreamer -fire off another e-mail),
LITFL, HT, The Long Run, Seven Bridges Road (fabulous), Get Over It (fast and fun!), Dirty Laundry, Rocky Mountain Way, Heart of the Matter, and TITTL (introduced as the credit card song!)

The crowd was sooo quiet and lame. Before doing Dirty Laundry, a bandmember asked if there were any Don Henley fans in the audience -quite a bit of Woo Hoos. Before doing Heartache Tonight, he asked if there were any Glenn Frey fans in the audience - one lone Woo Hoo! Any guess who that was? It was a lonely Woo Hoo -but it was a hearty Woo Hoo!

Like dreamer said, I got noticed and smiled at a lot I'm sure for my t-shirt and the fact that I sang along with the band every word, every aahh, every oooh!

I mentioned the young lady with the tight clothing coz during the encore "HC", the band suddenly lost it and started laughing. The "Don" could barely get through the last first of the song and the "Glenn" had to turn his back to the audience so they couldn't see him laughing. I do believe while trying to sway back and forth with her arms up in the air and using her cell phone as a light -the young lady had complete frontal spillage!

Unprofessional of the band - probably. But too funny! They'll probably not forget West Bend any time soon!