Billy Joel - Acer Arena, December 9 2008

http://www.billyjoelfan.com/Concerts...08/12-06.shtml

The set list for Brisbane listed here is what we had, minus Sometimes A Fantasy.

He puts on a fantastic show and I always enjoy seeing him. Overall I enjoyed this setlist more than the previous show I saw in 2006 which included songs from An Innocent Man, an album I don't like. I missed Goodnight Saigon, however, which is awesome. He told some very funny stories - after Billy The Kid we had a dissertation on the historical inaccuracies in the lyrics, for instance he wasn't from Wheeling, West Virginia, but Brooklyn, and you could hardly roam east & west of the Rio Grande, but north & south. He said 'and I am not from Oyster Bay. I'm from Hicksville'. Before Scenes From An Italian Restaurant he actually recommended a Neopolitan restaurant in Paddington, an inner Sydney suburb.

Highlights for me were Allentown, which is my favourite song by him, We Didn't Start The Fire (people who deride this as a 'list' miss the point), and a wonderful jazz club, Ray Charles infused New York State Of Mind (it made me realise how much I miss the place, as I have not been there since 1988.

There was one song I didn't know, Christmas In Fallujah, which is similar to LROOE in lyrical content, in which he played electric guitar. I thought it rocked, but it received a muted response. And the crowd singing of Piano Man wasn't nearly as enthusiastic as last time. Still, I had a good time.