Page 25 of 114 FirstFirst ... 152122232425262728293575 ... LastLast

Thread: Concerts

Stuck on the Border EasyFeeling's Avatar

I will, ladies. Today my friend gave me a CD and I must admit I have forgotten what great songs they did. Detroit Rock City, Lick It Up, Shout It Out Loud, Beth, just to mention a few. Next what I'm doing is watching some DVDs. And listening to their music in my car on the way to a rock music party tonight. I hope my car speakers are still working tomorrow.

24 hours from now I'll be at the Bon Jovi concert! Woo hoo! I can't wait.... Sorry, Don, tomorrow night is all about Jon!

Maleah, I'll post a review if not tomorrow evening, then on Thursday. I'll give you a taste of what to expect at your concert in April.
    "You don't have to prove nothin' to nobody, just take good care of yourself."

... On a journey from innocence to experience..... In Ireland!

I'm sure Don will understand perfectly that tonight is Jon's night. Enjoy the gig Katherine! Don't forget to tell us all how it went
    'I must be leaving soon... its your world now'
    Glenn Frey 1948-2016 RIP

Down some endless road just south of nowhere (Missouri)

Ooooh, that's great Katherine! Please give us a full review! I love Jon and Bon Jovi!

And I'm
    https://i.imgur.com/CuSdAQM.jpg
    "They will never forget you 'till somebody new comes along"
    1948-2016 Gone but not forgotten

Quote Originally Posted by katherine5832
    24 hours from now I'll be at the Bon Jovi concert! Woo hoo! I can't wait.... Sorry, Don, tomorrow night is all about Jon!

Maleah, I'll post a review if not tomorrow evening, then on Thursday. I'll give you a taste of what to expect at your concert in April.
    Woohoo!!!!! I can't wait! Have fun!

Moderator Ive always been a dreamer's Avatar
    Cruising down the center of a two-way street in VA

Just thought I'd remind everyone that Katherine is tied up tonight, so that's one less problem if anyone wants to pay Don a visit!

Hope you have a great time at the concert Katherine.

"People don't run out of dreams: People just run out of time ..."
    Glenn Frey 11/06/1948 - 01/18/2016

Quote Originally Posted by Ive always been a dreamer
    Just thought I'd remind everyone that Katherine is tied up tonight, so that's one less problem if anyone wants to pay Don a visit!
    That sounds great to me ! The concept of "sharing" has always been very over-rated.

WOW WOW WOW!

I tried to post this early this morning at 1:30 after the concert, but I couldn't get on the board. I was dying to do it at work, but I knew that it wasn't going to be a short post and I didn't want my boss to catch me. So here's my review...

Bon Jovi was fantastic! I'm still on a Bon Jovi high. My sister even called me this afternoon and said, "Man, we should go to more concerts. I haven't been this happy in a long time." I said, "Oh my God. You too? I can't stop smiling!" Everytime someone asked me how I was doing or how the concert was I would just grin from ear to ear and say, "Fantastic!"

So here are the details:

We got there about a half hour before Daughtry came on and we could not believe how many people were already there. It was a sellout (more about that later), but I didn't expect so many people to be there for the opening act. I didn't care about seeing Daughtry, but I wanted to be sure that we weren't late for Bon Jovi (and I figured I might as well see both acts and get my money's worth - although with just Bon Jovi I got more than my money's worth).

Daughtry started right at 7:30. Amazing, since I don't think I've ever been to a concert that started on time! He played for about 45 minutes. While I'm not a fan of his, I was very impressed with how the crowd received him. There seemed to be a lot of fans there. The one thing that stands out about the band is that the drummer played shirtless. Of course, that conjured up thoughts about another drummer that we know and love...but I'm not sure I want to see Don drumming shirtless no matter how much I love the guy!

So Daughtry played, blah, blah, blah, and then his set was over. Buh-bye, Daughtry, hello Bon Jovi. We waited for about 25 minutes while the stage was changed.

At 8:40 the lights went down and Lost Highway started. Pandemonium set in. It was so exciting being there. Oh, a timeout to tell you where we were sitting. We sat at the stage end behind the band, but not directly behind. We were at the corner of the stage (Richie Sambora's side). So while the band had their backs to us most of the night, we had a lovely view of Jon's 2nd best ASSet (pun totally intended) his first, of course, being his lovely face. The guy hasn't aged! We also had the luxury of being close to the large screens, so even though we couldn't always see their faces from the stage, we could see them on the big screens - he looked absolutely stunning.

Okay, so let me tell you what he had on. He had black jeans and a taupe or gray or tan short-sleeved shirt (it was really hard to tell what color it was with the lighting). He was showing a lot of chest. It was unbuttoned down to mid-chest. Later, he changed into a long-sleeve shirt (again the color was hard to discern, but it had some pretty embroidered red floral designs on it - trust me, it looked better than I'm describing it). Again, it was unbuttoned down to mid-chest. Man, the guy can work that look! For the encore he came out with a gray t-shirt.

I kept a good list in my head of what songs he played, but I soon forgot the order of most of them. I found the set list on the official site's blog, so the following list is in the right order - the Internet is awesome isn't it?
    Lost Highway, You Give Love a Bad Name, Raise Your Hands, Runaway, Complicated, I'll Sleep When I'm Dead (with bits and pieces of Jumpin' Jack Flash and Dancing in the Street - of course we went nuts when he sang "and don't forget the Motor City"), Radio Saved My Life, Summertime, Blaze of Glory (intro was Knockin' on Heaven's Door), Whole Lot of Leavin', Born to Be My Baby, We Got It Goin' On, It's My Life, Bad Medicine (with a little bit of Shout thrown in for good measure), I'll Be There for You (Richie sang this - more about this later), (You Want to) Make a Memory, Bed of Roses, Have a Nice Day, Keep the Faith, Who Says You Can't Go Home, Livin' on a Prayer. Encore: Wanted Dead or Alive and I Love This Town.

When Richie was singing I'll Be There for You, Jon was offstage. I joked to my sister that he was probably being toweled off (I had a sudden urge to be towel at that point) and changing his shirt. After Richie was done, the lights went down and when they went up, my sister said, "Holy s***! Look where he is!" He was on a small stage on one side of the main floor (at mid-court sideline if you picture the main floor as a basketball court). There he sang (You Want to) Make a Memory. The people over there were so stunned, you could see it in their faces. A couple of women had their hands on their faces and one of them was crying. As he was slapping/shaking people's hands, the looks on their faces (even the men) were priceless. They were in such awe! He pulled a woman up on the mini-stage and danced with her and then kissed her on the lips. He patted her butt when she was getting down from the stage. My sister said that that woman could've died at the point and she would've been a very happy woman! Just as we were wondering how he was going to get back to the main stage, he started singing Bed of Roses and while he was singing he got off the mini-stage and walked through the crowd on the main floor shaking and slapping hands while he was doing this. It was so thrilling even though I wasn't one of the lucky ones down there. I was genuinely thrilled for those fans (okay, a little envious too) and so impressed with JBJ's generosity and showmanship.

Speaking of showmanship, that guy can rock! He had so much energy. Remember the interview where Don speaks of a critic who said that the Eagles "loitered on stage"? Well, JBJ is the total opposite of that! He never stood still. Now, I love the Eagles and I have no problem with the way they perform, but, damn, watching JBJ was exciting!

God, I'm so sorry that this is so long. A few more things:

My favorite song of his is Livin' on a Prayer and I swear I thought I was either a) going to blow out a vocal chord from singing so loud b) hyperventilate because I wasn't breathing while I was singing, or c) burst a blood vessel from singing so loud. That song was incredible. I thought, "How gratifying it must be for him (and any musician) to hear thousands of fans singing along with him. He really seemed genuinely thrilled with the crowd's reaction to him.

He talked about being at the Pistons basketball game the night before. There, they raised a banner to the rafters honoring his 10 sellout concerts that he's had there over the years. Again, he seemed truly touched by this and he also mentioned the warm reception he's always received from not only the Detroit fans, but also the Detroit radio stations. He also talked about running into Bob Seger outside the stadium during the game and that his song Wanted Dead or Alive was influenced by Seger's Turn the Page.

Later when my sister and I stopped for a bite to eat after the concert, we were talking about how cool it was that he has been married to the same woman for nearly 20 years and how they had 4 kids. My sister said, "How awesome would that be?......You know to have Jon Bon Jovi as your dad?" I said, "Whoa! I was thinking about how awesome it would be to make babies with Jon Bon Jovi!"

I'm sure I forgot to mention some things, but that'll have to do. I'm sorry if I've told you way more than you wanted to know, but like I said, I'm still on a Bon Jovi high and I just can't stop thinking about last night. It came in handy today at work. Whenever something crappy happened, I just conjured up visions of JBJ and I would smile from ear to ear again!
    "You don't have to prove nothin' to nobody, just take good care of yourself."

Stuck on the Border EasyFeeling's Avatar

Awwwww Katherine, don't apologize for your long review. I enjoyed every little detail, especially thinking about making babies with Jon Bon Jovi.

Sounds you had a blast at that concert. Isn't it great when such a hot guy is interacting with the fans? I love when they are walking through the crowd so you can touch them. Your review reminds me of Keith concerts... how great would it be to have them both on stage, performing together.

What a spectacular review! His shirt was unbuttoned down to mid-chest? NUMMY!

I've always loved Bon Jovi and that part where he mixed with the audience was so cool to hear about. There are so very few big stars that will do that. I know Bono does something like that for a song during a U2 concert, but I can't think of any other big established acts off of the top of my head. Can you imagine if our guys did something like that?! Heck, I'll just take our guys unbuttoning to mid-chest again. lol

Thanks for the review!

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten