Page 75 of 114 FirstFirst ... 256571727374757677787985 ... LastLast

Thread: Concerts

Stuck on the Border

Default Re: Concerts

In my opinion NONE of those bands you mention are in the same category with Led Zeppelin.

Quote Originally Posted by Freypower View Post
    In my opinion NONE of those bands you mention are in the same category with Led Zeppelin.
    Well that's fine. But I like hard rock n' roll and that's what I like. I consider Guns n Roses, AC/DC, Aerosmith, late Stones (Mick Taylor era) etc to be the same kind of music as Led Zeppelin and in the same category of greatness. But I'm very picky about Zep's music. I like their hard rock music and can't stand their folkier stuff. As you know I'm not a country/bluegrass/folk music fan. Zep IV is probably the only Zep album I really like. I also like 80s stuff like Def Leppard, Ratt, Motley Crue, etc.

It makes me wonder at times how I got into a band like the Eagles that are nowhere near that heavy, but everyone knows my story by know. But I'm a hard rock fan to the highest level. I can even get into some of the early metal like Ozzy solo (I can't stand Black Sabbath though), and some of the 80s stuff. My tastes stop after the 80s. I really haven't heard anything past that time that I can say I really like that much.. 70s/80s is my stuff. Mid-to-late 70s is my favorite. Love the power ballad bands/melodic rock bands too like REO Speedwagon, Journey, etc. I love all of that stuff.

Once a rocker/metalhead always a rocker/metalhead I guess. I just love that over the top high energy rock n roll from the 70s/80s. I love those loud distorted guitars, high pitched vocals, and raunchy lyrics/stage props! But I cannot stand new music like death metal, screamo, rap, hip/hop, pop (Bieber, Gaga, Jonas Bros, etc), modern rock, indie, etc. All of those bands/artists SUCK! I'm into old school classic and hard rock music. Hence why with the Eagles I prefer HC and TLR Eagles albums over any of their country rock albums. I'm just into that rock music stuff. If you want a slow song, listen to Journey's "Lights" or something. Something that still "rocks".
    Last edited by WalshFan88; 05-10-2011 at 07:31 PM.
    -Austin-
    Resident Guitar Slinger
    Fan of the Eagles from 1972-2016 #NOGLENNNOEAGLES

RIP Glenn Frey and Randy Meisner

"So often times it happens that we live our lives in chains and we never even know we have the key..."

Stuck on the Border

OK, but I will just say that if you don't like Zep's folkier material then you are missing a great deal of why they were a great band. But we've had this discussion about why you also don't like the Desperado album.

You are a bit like my husband who also prefers what he calls 'noise'. The number of ballads he likes can be counted on one hand. I on the other hand will listen to bands who are able to produce both high energy rock & ballads. I cannot listen to someone who is all one and not the other.

Quote Originally Posted by Freypower View Post
    You are a bit like my husband who also prefers what he calls 'noise'. The number of ballads he likes can be counted on one hand. I on the other hand will listen to bands who are able to produce both high energy rock & ballads. I cannot listen to someone who is all one and not the other.
    I like "power" ballads which are ballads with electric guitars in them!
    -Austin-
    Resident Guitar Slinger

"So often times it happens that we live our lives in chains and we never even know we have the key..."

Stuck on the Border TimothyBFan's Avatar

I have a date with Eddie Money tonight---I'm taking my husband along also.

I hope everything goes off without a hitch. Hubby walked out to the garage today to go to work and found a puddle of brake fluid under his truck so back inside to take my car. Daughter works tonight and will need my car to go so really hoping son has nothing going on tonight so we can take his car. Either that, or Eddie will have to come pick me up before the concert!!
    He sings it high, he plays it low

Willie, have a great time seeing Eddie Money tonight! Hopefully, all goes well with the transportation situation and you get to the concert on time!

Enjoy the concert!!!
    -Austin-
    Resident Guitar Slinger

Down some endless road just south of nowhere (Missouri)

Hope it all works out for you Willie. Have a great time!
    https://i.imgur.com/CuSdAQM.jpg
    "They will never forget you 'till somebody new comes along"
    1948-2016 Gone but not forgotten

Moderator Ive always been a dreamer's Avatar
    Cruising down the center of a two-way street in VA

Me too. Have a great time at the show, Willie!

"People don't run out of dreams: People just run out of time ..."
    Glenn Frey 11/06/1948 - 01/18/2016

Stuck on the Border TimothyBFan's Avatar

You guys will be so proud of me---I actually kept track of the setlist!!! YAY!!! Ok--it might not be in the exact order because I would forget to write it down but then I would have to backtrack.

Let me start by saying Eddie Money was just as awesome last night as he was 25 years ago when I saw him!!! The venue was a very small, general admission setting called Club Fever in downtown South Bend. The venue has tables all away around the floor on the first and second story and then several rows of seats on the floor. Even tho we were about 40 or 50th in line, we got right up front on the floor. He came on around 7:30 and played for a little over an hour and a half. Simple band of 1 guitarist, 1 bassist, 1 keyboardist and a drummer and Eddie playing harmonica and sax on some of the songs. He encouraged everyone to sing along and get on their feet and come up by the stage and dance. He really believed in audience participation. Seemed genuinely pleased that everyone knew all the words to the songs.

Here's the setlist:

Baby Hold On
    Wanna Be A Rock N Roll Star
    You've Really Got A Hold Of Me
    No Control
    We Should Be Sleeping
    Maureen
    Maybe I'm A Fool
    Walk On Water
    One More Soldier Coming Home (new song-proceeds go to fallen veteran families)
    Endless Nights
    Think I'm In Love
    I Wanna Go Back
    Two Tickets To Paradise
    Take Me Home Tonight
    Call On Me
    Gimme Some Water

Encore:
    Shakin'
    My Friends

He stayed after the show and signed special t-shirts for the Fallen Veteran Family Fund and a children's charity. We didn't stick around because he was taking his time.

For a grand total of $57.00 for 2 tickets (face value of $20.00 each), we definitely got our MONEY's worth.

Got a few pictures with my lousy camera phone.

He sings it high, he plays it low