Page 13 of 114 FirstFirst ... 3910111213141516172363113 ... LastLast

Thread: Concerts

Stuck on the Border EasyFeeling's Avatar

Too bad you can't see them, Kate. It was just brilliant! The arena was sold out with 50.000 people and the atmosphere was great. Sadly it was raining that evening but no one cared about that.

They played nearly 3 hours and did songs like Mama, Land of Confusion, Invisible Touch, Follow you, Follow me, Domino, Carpet Crawl. And I Can't Dance... they walked on the stage like in the video, so cool.

Sometimes Phil Collins took out a slip of paper and talked a bit in German.
    Several times he looked up in the sky and said: Scheiss Regen (bloody rain)
    Fantastic sound and the light show was incredible. I've never seen such a stage design. Of course they had two drum sets and one of the highlight was the solo what Phil did synchron with the other drummer. Woah, that was awesome!

All in all a concert what I really enjoyed even I didn't know every song. They played 2 songs which I think I've never heard before or I can't remember anymore.

I loooooooooooooove I Can't Dance!

Wow, that sounds amazing! Thanks for the review, EF. To see Phil playing the drums in synch with the other drummer must have been awesome.

www.donfelderonline.com
    ~~~~~
    This way to happiness...

Sounds like a great concert, EF!
    I saw Phil Collins solo several years ago at City Stages, our outdoor music festival that is held every Father's Day weekend here, and he put on a great show.

This weekend, for the 2007 City Stages, hubby & I saw the Steve Miller Band. It was also a good show, but there were just two problems: one, I worked that day so I stood on my feet all day at the store, then walked around City Stages for 2 hours before standing for another 2 hours for Steve’s concert, so I was really tired. And two: he opened with “Keep On A-Rockin Me Baby” and then jammed & did covers of other songs, and didn’t play another hit until almost 11:30 when we finally decided to leave. As we were walking out of the park we finally heard “Really Love Your Peaches Wanna Shake Your Tree” and “Go On, Take The Money & Run.” My hubby actually quoted Don to me (which never happens--trust me)—he said, “What is it Henley always says? 'People want to hear the hits, so we play the hits.' Why didn’t Steve Miller play their hits a little earlier in the night?”

I guess we are all just spoiled by the Eagles.

Down some endless road just south of nowhere (Missouri)

Sounds like you did have a tiring day, DonFan! I would have been bummed, too, if Steve Miller had waited so long to play the songs you wanted to hear. The Joker (Really love your peaches...) is "our song"! It seemed hubby and I always heard that song on the radio back when we were dating!

I can't imagine going to an Eagles concert and not hearing "the hits"! I would not be pleased.
    https://i.imgur.com/CuSdAQM.jpg
    "They will never forget you 'till somebody new comes along"
    1948-2016 Gone but not forgotten

Quote Originally Posted by Brooke
    The Joker (Really love your peaches...) is "our song"! It seemed hubby and I always heard that song on the radio back when we were dating!
    That's so cute, Brooke--now every time I hear that song, I will think of you!

It's true about the hits. While it would be nice if the Eagles would change out a few songs, they realize that there are certain songs that folks want to hear and they're willing to play them time and time again

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

Moderator Ive always been a dreamer's Avatar
    Cruising down the center of a two-way street in VA

Quote Originally Posted by tbs fanatic
    OMG wouldn't it be terrible if The Eagles came to your neck of the woods and it sold out before you got a ticket Aaaaaaugh! Or the only seat you could get was a really crappy one Would you still buy it???
    Well, if that were to happen, I would start shopping online to find my ticket. And of course, there is ILAA. They won't be cheap, but I don't think even the concept of cheap tickets to an Eagles concert exist anymore. Even the solo show prices aren't cheap. Oh well, as I keep saying, it'll be worth it and there won't be that many more chances to see these guys, so we must seize the moment. I'll start saving for my retirement after they retire.

"People don't run out of dreams: People just run out of time ..."
    Glenn Frey 11/06/1948 - 01/18/2016

Stuck on the Border EasyFeeling's Avatar

DF, this is really annoying that you've missed the hits. I've never been to a concert in which a band were playing covers at first.

In Hamburg I saw a poster with Steely Dan on it. He's coming for a concert in July. And... no one wants to go with me!

FP, I remember you have seen him, is that right?

Stuck on the Border

Steely Dan is a duo, EF - Walter Becker (bass) & Donald Fagen (keyboards & vocals). I'll be seeing them in September. First I have to sit through (cue off key harmonica solo) BAAAAB....