Page 86 of 114 FirstFirst ... 367682838485868788899096 ... LastLast

Thread: Concerts

Moderator Ive always been a dreamer's Avatar
    Cruising down the center of a two-way street in VA

Default Re: Concerts

Glad you had such a good time, PM. I would like to see Patty too. I actually had no idea that she was even still performing at all. I thought Mrs. McEnroe gave up her career a long time ago, but what do I know! Glad to see I was wrong.

"People don't run out of dreams: People just run out of time ..."
    Glenn Frey 11/06/1948 - 01/18/2016

Brooke, the Celebration is always the first full weekend in August.

Dreamer, sounds here like she quit in 1999 to have her last child and started again in 2004.

http://www.pattysmythandscandal.com/...php?page=about

Quote Originally Posted by pattysmythandscandal.com
    Spurred by an impromptu reunion with her old Scandal mates at the end of 2004 on VH1’s Bands Reunited, the band has regrouped, with two original members in Keith Mack and Benjy King and a new rhythm section, bassist Tom Welsch and drummer Eran Asias.
    I didn't know she was married to John McEnroe until after I saw her and did some research.
    ~ Cathy ~

And I dream I'm on vacation 'Cause I like the way that sounds,
    It's a perfect occupation for me.

Glad to hear you had a great time, Pm!
    "For the record, we never broke up, we just took a 14-year vacation!"
    (Glenn Frey)

Out on the Border

I could have sworn I saw the Eagles perform in early July 1971 at the Wollman Skating Rink in Central Park NY as part of the Schaefer Music Festival. But all facts point to them not playing together as a band until the following year. The concert I recall was a TV special they were filming. It was 2 shows, July 2 and 3 1971, and aired August 19 as a special called "Good Vibrations From Central Park". The Beach Boys, Ike & Tina Turner, Sly & The Family Stone, Carly Simon and Boz Scaggs were also performing. John Zacherle was the MC. I seem to recall the Eagles playing, just them with acoustic guitars sitting on stools. "Take It Easy" was their only hit then. But maybe they played in 1972? I know they played at Wollman Rink in 1973, but I'm sure it was before that I saw them. Any help with when they would have played there at that time will be greatly appreciated. I know I never went to an Eagles concert proper, so I don't know why i would remember this like i do unless i actually saw them then. I've had this memory for decades.

There is an early video of them from Central Park - but it's 1972. Here it is:

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=00mrzoo2g7M[/ame]

Is that what you're thinking of?

Welcome, BTW!

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

Stuck on the Border Henley Honey's Avatar

I was at that concert!!! 13 years old and loved them then. I think Jackson Browne played too but I'm not positive. I was star-struck.

You were there too HH??? How cool!

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

Down some endless road just south of nowhere (Missouri)

Wow!
    https://i.imgur.com/CuSdAQM.jpg
    "They will never forget you 'till somebody new comes along"
    1948-2016 Gone but not forgotten

Hello everyone..just wanted to say my husband and I just got back from Chicago...What a beautiful city and honestly, I don't think I've ever been to such a big city, where the people were so nice and kind...
    We saw "Million Dollar Quartet" which was a very fun show...I would encourage anybody to go see it..
    ..and of course, the highlight of the trip was seeing Allison Krauss and Union Station at the Chicago Theater...and what a theater it is...absolutely gorgeous...the concert was perfect...a great mixture of old and new songs...but what really blew me away, was the encore...which was done "unplugged" with songs like.."When you say nothing at all", "Whiskey Lullaby", "Down to the river to pray"....it was absolutely beautiful...thoroughly enjoyed the whole trip..nothing but good things to say about the city...

Down some endless road just south of nowhere (Missouri)

This past Saturday night my hubby and I went to see America at the Wildwood Springs Resort in Steelville, Missouri. This is a lovely old lodge, built in the 20’s and is set on a beautiful bluff of the Meramac River in south central Missouri. They have concerts there on weekends during the spring, summer, and fall in an open hall, lobby, bar area. Very small and quaint with beautiful old hardwood floors. There were about 300 people there, standing room only. Instead of general admission, first come, first serve to the seats, they did a raffle. I was slightly disappointed that we didn’t get closer seats, but really, there wasn’t a bad seat in the house. We were about half way back on the center aisle of about 20 rows of chairs.

Gerry Beckley and Dewey Bunnell came out, along with a bass player and started in with Tin Man. I haven’t kept up with them over the years, so they played a few songs I didn’t know, but they did play several I did like Ventura Highway, Daisy Jane, I Need You, Horse With No Name, Lonely People, and my favorite, Sister Golden Hair. They looked and sounded great!

After the show they signed autographs and took pictures and were very gracious to everyone that wanted to talk. I didn’t know they would do that but had taken my two old vinyls just in case, so I did get a picture and autographs on those, which was great! Most people had their latest cd entitled Back Pages which consists of covers by the likes of Crosby, Stills, & Nash, Neil Young, Buffalo Springfield, James Taylor, Bob Dylan, etc.

We had a great time and everyone at the resort was so friendly. A very unique place, for sure!

Here’s a pretty good video from someone that was there:

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TeFuiHuPYo8[/ame]

I’ll post a pic or two as soon as I get them uploaded.
    https://i.imgur.com/CuSdAQM.jpg
    "They will never forget you 'till somebody new comes along"
    1948-2016 Gone but not forgotten