Page 89 of 114 FirstFirst ... 397985868788899091929399 ... LastLast

Thread: Concerts

Stuck on the Border TimothyBFan's Avatar

Default Re: Concerts

He sings it high, he plays it low

Border Troubadour prayfordaylight's Avatar

If anyone is a fan of The Who, they just announced a 37 date winter tour. They're doing Quadrophenia (my all time favorite album) again which makes me super excited. Already planning on at least 2 shows.
    -Ali

You can see the stars and still not see the light.

Quote Originally Posted by prayfordaylight View Post
    If anyone is a fan of The Who, they just announced a 37 date winter tour. They're doing Quadrophenia (my all time favorite album) again which makes me super excited. Already planning on at least 2 shows.
    I just saw this also. I saw the Quadrophenia show in the 90s & I am planning to see it again!! LOVE THEM

Quote Originally Posted by TimothyBFan View Post
    Went and saw Ted Nugent Saturday at one of the local county fairs. He sounded wonderful and still has a ton of energy.

BUT his constant talking about his political views (which I expected so I knew it was coming) was a bit much. He just never stops knocking the current administration and Democrats in general, calling Obama "the mobster crook from Chicago who should be put in prison" and Hilary Clinton "that b*tch Hilary Clinton", between every song. It was almost like being at a white supremacist rally. Most of the crowd was going crazy, I however, was NOT. I don't give a crap about your views, I came to hear Stanglehold, Free For All, Cat Scratch Fever, Wango Tango, etc.... all of which we did get, but seriously, the rest was just insane. Ending with an encore of him coming out in a Indian head dress and singing Great White Buffalo and then at the end of the song, you hear a military hymn as he takes off the head dress and he and the whole band put on army helmets, brought out a huge flagpole with an American flag and they plant it in the middle of the stage, stand up, start marching in place, grabbing machine guns and waving them in the air while chanting, "free-dom, free-dom, free-dom....". My daughter and her friend left before the encore, couldn't take it anymore they were so disgusted by it. For the most part, hubby and I laughed it all off but it was a bit over the top.

He does have quite a sense of humor also tho. He says things like, "I write the best guitar riffs ever", "you guys deserve me", etc.... As everyone knows, the entire Midwest is in a severe drought and we've been dealing with 90-100 degree temps for over a month now. Just so happened that Saturday afternoon, around 4 or 5, it opened up and POURED! Of course it came down so fast and furious, it didn't do us any good because it couldn't soak into the hard ground. But Ted told us that he heard that we needed rain, so he did a rain dance and the skies opened up and gave us rain. Then proceeded to say, "say thank you Uncle Ted" and the whole crowd said, "thank you Uncle Ted".

He's still a wonderful musician and I'd see him again but it is hard to deal with the other crap that comes out of his mouth.

Here's a picture that I took that I thought was kinda cool.

Wow...Ted's still crazy after all these years...big surprise...glad you enjoyed the music at least!

Quote Originally Posted by Brooke View Post
    Sounds like a very interesting time, TBF!

I do love 'Stranglehold' 'Cat Scratch Fever' and I'll never forget this. We had that album and our daughter was just like 5 or so and it was sitting in the front of our album collection one evening and she got scared looking at it and cried! We had to put it behind some others so she couldn't see it!

In case anyone doesn't know what that album cover looks like, here it is:

A little scary for a little kid!
    omg Brooke...your story is priceless...I hope your daughter isn't still haunted by visions of Ted...

Quote Originally Posted by Prettymaid View Post
    Heck, it scares me now!
    You're right PM...Ted is pretty scary!

Stuck on the Border TimothyBFan's Avatar

Styx tomorrow night!!!!!!!!! Can't wait to see them again. They put on an awesome show!!
    He sings it high, he plays it low

Border Troubadour prayfordaylight's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Topkat View Post
    I just saw this also. I saw the Quadrophenia show in the 90s & I am planning to see it again!! LOVE THEM
    Just got floor seats for DC and Philly this morning. Good luck with tickets!
    -Ali

You can see the stars and still not see the light.

Have a great time at the Styx show, Willie!

you better put it all behind you, baby, 'cause life goes on
    you keep carrying that anger, it'll eat you up inside--

Enjoy the show TBF!!!
    -Austin-
    Resident Guitar Slinger
    Fan of the Eagles from 1972-2016 #NOGLENNNOEAGLES

RIP Glenn Frey and Randy Meisner

"So often times it happens that we live our lives in chains and we never even know we have the key..."