Page 91 of 114 FirstFirst ... 4181878889909192939495101 ... LastLast

Thread: Concerts

Default Re: Concerts

I've seen Gordon Lightfoot numerous times and he always gave a good show, except for the last time, which was maybe 3 years ago...he was obviously having some health issues, and he didn't sound very good...Hope he's doing better now...He also has an amazing band with him....they've been with him for years and they sound great...have fun..

I went to see the first US stopover for the Gentlemen of the Road tour this weekend in Portland, Maine. It was an all-day festival headlined by Mumford & Sons, who were incredibly awesome. The energy they put into their show was astounding. I had never seen them live before, but would go again in a heartbeat.

One of my other current favorites, Dawes, was there as well and put on a great show. They also announced a new album in the fall, so I'm excited for that.

Other bands (most of which I didn't know) included Simon Felice, Haim, Apache Relay, The Maccabees, St. Vincent, and Dropkick Murphys.

The venue was a park that sloped down to the water of Casco Bay and the weather was gorgeous. Sitting on a grassy hillside with a backdrop of blue water and sailboats, with the sun on my back and a sea breeze in my hair, enjoying a day full of music was a wonderful way to spend my Saturday!

Border Troubadour prayfordaylight's Avatar

Finally just got to see RUSH for the first time. It was a great show but it was also an example of changing a setlist too dramatically for some tastes. They removed all but two of the big radio hits in favor of a large block of songs from their 80s synth-driven albums. Some of the hardcore fans were pleased but others were disappointed not to hear certain songs (I'm slightly to the latter...I love the 80s stuff but hearing Limelight would've made things perfect).
    -Ali

You can see the stars and still not see the light.

Stuck on the Border

Quote Originally Posted by prayfordaylight View Post
    Finally just got to see RUSH for the first time. It was a great show but it was also an example of changing a setlist too dramatically for some tastes. They removed all but two of the big radio hits in favor of a large block of songs from their 80s synth-driven albums. Some of the hardcore fans were pleased but others were disappointed not to hear certain songs (I'm slightly to the latter...I love the 80s stuff but hearing Limelight would've made things perfect).
    What are your favourite Rush songs? My husband worships them. I like the Test For Echo & Moving Pictures albums.

Quote Originally Posted by Freypower View Post
    What are your favourite Rush songs? My husband worships them. I like the Test For Echo & Moving Pictures albums.
    My absolute favorite is Limelight. I'm sort of all over the place otherwise. I like stuff from all the different eras. Moving Pictures is still my favorite cover-to-cover album by them but my favorite songs range from Subdivisions to Roll The Bones to Far Cry.
    -Ali

Limelight is my favorite as well. I can't imagine not hearing that one!
    -Austin-
    Resident Guitar Slinger
    Fan of the Eagles from 1972-2016 #NOGLENNNOEAGLES

RIP Glenn Frey and Randy Meisner

"So often times it happens that we live our lives in chains and we never even know we have the key..."

They're doing an A setlist and a B setlist which has about a 6-8 song difference between them. Limelight isn't on either though and Spirit of Radio is only on the A list. I saw them on a B list night.
    Last edited by prayfordaylight; 09-12-2012 at 12:18 PM.
    -Ali

Interesting approach. It probably motivates hardcores to see twice as many shows! I wouldn't mind the Eagles doing that.

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

Quote Originally Posted by sodascouts View Post
    Interesting approach. It probably motivates hardcores to see twice as many shows! I wouldn't mind the Eagles doing that.
    Bite your tongue, Soda! I get so mad when I go to a show and they don't play 'the hits'. Granted, the Eagles have lots of hits, but if I didn't hear HC and TIE I would be really upset.
    ~ Cathy ~

And I dream I'm on vacation 'Cause I like the way that sounds,
    It's a perfect occupation for me.

PFD says that only 6-8 songs are different; the rest are played at both shows. I'm sure the biggest hits like HC and TIE would be in both sets.

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten