Page 104 of 114 FirstFirst ... 45494100101102103104105106107108 ... LastLast
Results 1,031 to 1,040 of 1134

Thread: Concerts

Default Re: Concerts

Getting ready for my concert on Sunday. Keith Urban with Little Big Town opening.
    -Austin-
    Resident Guitar Slinger
    Fan of the Eagles from 1972-2016 #NOGLENNNOEAGLES

RIP Glenn Frey and Randy Meisner

"So often times it happens that we live our lives in chains and we never even know we have the key..."

Down some endless road just south of nowhere (Missouri)

Prepare for a great night, Austin!

Love them both!
    https://i.imgur.com/CuSdAQM.jpg
    "They will never forget you 'till somebody new comes along"
    1948-2016 Gone but not forgotten

Border Desperado The Thrill Is Never Gone's Avatar

Ok, do not laugh. He is not a rocker, but my husband got free tickets (it is the only way my husband would go) to see Michael Buble' last Friday. He was very good and I liked his voice. He has a really good rapport with the audience. He needs a little bit more of something when he sings Sinatra.

Stuck on the Border Tiffanny Twisted's Avatar

I think Michael is an amazing and funny entertainer, glad you had fun.
    somehow we can never get tickets to see him they always sell out

Stuck on the Border Witchy Woman's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tiffanny Twisted View Post
    I think Michael is an amazing and funny entertainer, glad you had fun.
    somehow we can never get tickets to see him they always sell out
    That's because he's super hot, and the ladies like drooling over him !!

Stuck on the Border Tiffanny Twisted's Avatar

yep I already know that lol I might be 53 but I aint dead yet patty lol

I just realized I forgot to post a mini-review (of what I can remember!) of the Keith Urban/Little Big Town/Dustin Lynch show.

Dustin Lynch (opener) - He was pretty good. He's a new kid on the block and definitely has that typical country male voice. I'm not real cracked up on his songs except one (Cowboys & Angels) but his cover of Dust On The Bottle was rockin' (and twangin'). He didn't play real long but he was pretty good. Better than JD.

Little Big Town (next in line) - They were outstanding. They remind me of a cross between Fleetwood Mac, The Eagles, and Crosby, Stills, and Nash. I love their songs and it was really cool to hear Tornado, Pontoon, Boondocks, Little White Church, etc. They covered the Oak Ridge Boys song "Elvira" and it blew the original away IMHO. I loved it. Johnny Duke (who is a Facebook friend now!) played slide guitar and it was swampy and had some nice singing. Then their cover of "The Chain". Holy moly. I had chills up and down every part of me. It was very surreal. It was so good and they really were on. They played a decent amount, more than Lynch but less (WAY) than Urban.

Keith Urban (the main shebang) - Keith was amazing! He really is IMO THE entertainer in country music today. He puts on a hell of a show and gives 110 percent and is so sweet to the kids in the audience and to the fans. I love his music especially his guitar playing. My favorite tune of the night was Stupid Boy. He plays a KILLER solo on the guitar that is so emotional and raw.

A couple notes from Keith's segment:

1. It was girl/woman city in the front rows. OMG I've never been to a concert with as many screaming women in all my life. That may be because I go see older bands that aren't "hot" right now. But I wasn't complaining. One woman held up a sign saying "I want to be onstage with you". Keith saw it and brought her up and interviewed her about her favorite song of his, where she's from and she's losing her composure.

2. I fell down and made a laughing stock out of myself. I have vertigo/balance difficulties and I was going to sit down and I started spinning and I lost my footing and fell into the row of chairs behind me. Totally embarrassing. It was towards the end of the show and as much as I wanted to crawl under the table and die, I stuck it out.

3. He is extremely kind to children. He gave one teenage girl a signed Keith Urban guitar. He brought a toddler onstage and "interviewed" her much like the other woman I mentioned and asked her about her favorite KU song, where she's from. He really loves his fans and children.
    -Austin-
    Resident Guitar Slinger

"So often times it happens that we live our lives in chains and we never even know we have the key..."

Stuck on the Border EasyFeeling's Avatar

Great review, thanks Austin I'm a huge KU fan, some of the Eagles fans in here know that

Down some endless road just south of nowhere (Missouri)

EF, yes, I think you and I are the huge KU fans around here!

Austin, I'm so glad you got to see him! I knew you would love it! I was completely blown away at the show I saw a few years ago at the PCC! He is so nice to his fans. At my show a girl managed to get up on the stage and he hugged her and took her camera and took a pic of the two of them! Can you imagine?!

I was shocked at the wildness of the crowd and that it was allowed! He actually promoted it. My review is in the KU thread probably.

Does he still have the long runway through the middle of the floor?

I would love to see LBT!
    https://i.imgur.com/CuSdAQM.jpg
    "They will never forget you 'till somebody new comes along"
    1948-2016 Gone but not forgotten

Quote Originally Posted by Brooke View Post
    EF, yes, I think you and I are the huge KU fans around here!

Austin, I'm so glad you got to see him! I knew you would love it! I was completely blown away at the show I saw a few years ago at the PCC! He is so nice to his fans. At my show a girl managed to get up on the stage and he hugged her and took her camera and took a pic of the two of them! Can you imagine?!

I was shocked at the wildness of the crowd and that it was allowed! He actually promoted it. My review is in the KU thread probably.

Does he still have the long runway through the middle of the floor?

I would love to see LBT!
    No long runway anymore, although he does have an alternate stage B he uses for a couple songs so the people in the nosebleeds get some Keith love, lol.
    -Austin-
    Resident Guitar Slinger