Page 61 of 114 FirstFirst ... 115157585960616263646571111 ... LastLast

Thread: Concerts

Default Re: Concerts

Troub, have a good time! I know a few songs from The Gaslight Anthem they are really good!
    "For the record, we never broke up, we just took a 14-year vacation!"
    (Glenn Frey)

Enjoy the concert Troubadour!

I've been to a few in my life. I've seen the Eagles in Chicago (the best one I've ever been to), Aerosmith in Peoria, Def Leppard in Peoria, AC/DC in Chicago, Tesla in Peoria, Cheap Trick in Peoria, REO Speedwagon in Springfield, Lynyrd Skynyrd in Peoria, .38 Special in both Peoria and Springfield, and Styx in Springfield. I still want to see the Rolling Stones in concert, they are my 2nd favorite band (after you-know-who! ).

The most recent one I was at was in March in Springfield, IL at the convention center to see REO Speedwagon, Styx, and .38 Special and the best part is that I was front row, my first time being front row and now I think I'm ruined for other seats! It was a great show. I went to see .38 and REO as I am not a big Styx fan but I have to say I was really surprised. They rocked out and put on a great show. Didn't do much of the broadway Dennis DeYoung songs, and instead rocked out and I thought their sound was better than REO's actually, which was a surprise to me. REO was great though and .38 Special was great. I had seen them before with Skynyrd in Peoria.
    -Austin-
    Resident Guitar Slinger
    Fan of the Eagles from 1972-2016 #NOGLENNNOEAGLES

RIP Glenn Frey and Randy Meisner

"So often times it happens that we live our lives in chains and we never even know we have the key..."

Stuck on the Border TimothyBFan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by WalshFan88 View Post
    and REO as I am not a big Styx fan but I have to say I was really surprised. They rocked out and put on a great show. Didn't do much of the broadway Dennis DeYoung songs, and instead rocked out and I thought their sound was better than REO's actually, which was a surprise to me. REO was great though and .38 Special was great. I had seen them before with Skynyrd in Peoria.
    Isn't Styx wonderful? How did you like Lawrence Gowan's voice? And that spinning keyboard of his is just fun to watch him play.

Here is the thread of my review for them when I went and saw them last year with Kansas in South Bend, if you're interested in reading it. I recently tried to get decent seats in Merrillville IN a couple weeks ago for them again but I'm a bit spoiled and couldn't pull up a seat that satisfied me.

https://eaglesonlinecentral.com/foru...highlight=styx
    He sings it high, he plays it low

Very much so! The spinning keyboard is very cool! I was front row right in front of Tommy Shaw, so I spent their set watching him play and trying to remember all of his guitar licks so I could come home and try to play them! Gowan's voice was very good. I really liked the cover he sang of "I Am The Walrus".

Nice review of that show! I will definitely go back if they come to the area. Very surprised at how great they are.
    -Austin-
    Resident Guitar Slinger
    Fan of the Eagles from 1972-2016 #NOGLENNNOEAGLES

RIP Glenn Frey and Randy Meisner

"So often times it happens that we live our lives in chains and we never even know we have the key..."

Stuck on the Border AzEaglesFan's Avatar

As some of you may know Alice Cooper and his Family live in the Phoenix area. Every year around Christmas he gives a concert and the money goes to charity. He has announced this year's show and the performers will be Alice Cooper and His Original Band (of course), Rob Zombie, Night Ranger,Cheech Marin,Roger Clyne and the Peacemakers, DON FELDER of the EAGLES, and Special Guest Glen Campbell.

Quote Originally Posted by AzEaglesFan View Post
    As some of you may know Alice Cooper and his Family live in the Phoenix area. Every year around Christmas he gives a concert and the money goes to charity. He has announced this year's show and the performers will be Alice Cooper and His Original Band (of course), Rob Zombie, Night Ranger,Cheech Marin,Roger Clyne and the Peacemakers, DON FELDER of the EAGLES, and Special Guest Glen Campbell.
    How cool! Are you going to go to that concert?

You could go for Felder alone!

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

Stuck on the Border AzEaglesFan's Avatar

The tickets go on sale Fri thru LiveNation. Going to check the price first and then decide.

Today I bought tickets for the Take That concert next year in July!
    I am no big fan, however, my sister absolutely wanted to go and because she was with me with the Eagles concert
    although she knew only 2 or 3 songs, from Take That I know more, I go with her.
    "For the record, we never broke up, we just took a 14-year vacation!"
    (Glenn Frey)

I saw Steve Lukather last night. He was fantastic!

you better put it all behind you, baby, 'cause life goes on
    you keep carrying that anger, it'll eat you up inside--