Page 88 of 114 FirstFirst ... 387884858687888990919298 ... LastLast

Thread: Concerts

Stuck on the Border TimothyBFan's Avatar

Default Re: Concerts

Looks like a great venue for a concert. I also love the top--2 of my favorites, tie dye and PURPLE!! You look wonderful in it!

I have to admit tho, if I didn't know that was Gerry Buckley, I wouldn't have recognized him. Glad he had the glasses on so I could tell which was which.
    He sings it high, he plays it low

Very nice pictures! Looks like a great venue. Thanks for posting.

Moderator Ive always been a dreamer's Avatar
    Cruising down the center of a two-way street in VA

Brooke - love your pictures and tie-dyed top. Very cute!

"People don't run out of dreams: People just run out of time ..."
    Glenn Frey 11/06/1948 - 01/18/2016

I thought I'd used up my 2012 concert budget, but then I saw a flier for our local arts festival in the park. For a $10 donation and the cost of a sandwich, I'm seeing Shawn Colvin tonight and Suzanne Vega on Aug. 8. Woo hoo!

Going to see Ted Nugent on July 14th for $20 a ticket. He's at the Laporte County fair, which is only 20 minutes away. And since they are on Central Time, the concert won't start to 9:00 our time so even if hubby works that day, gives up plenty of time to get there, unlike Joe this Saturday.

Think I should wear a democrat shirt?

And this morning I bought tickets for Styx at another county fair in the area for the weekend after the Nugent concert. Having tickets for both of these shows helps to make up for missing tomorrow's Joe concert. Almost!

Down some endless road just south of nowhere (Missouri)

Quote Originally Posted by TimothyBFan View Post
    Going to see Ted Nugent on July 14th for $20 a ticket. He's at the Laporte County fair, which is only 20 minutes away. And since they are on Central Time, the concert won't start to 9:00 our time so even if hubby works that day, gives up plenty of time to get there, unlike Joe this Saturday.

Think I should wear a democrat shirt?
    Good idea, TBF!
    https://i.imgur.com/CuSdAQM.jpg
    "They will never forget you 'till somebody new comes along"
    1948-2016 Gone but not forgotten

Went and saw Ted Nugent Saturday at one of the local county fairs. He sounded wonderful and still has a ton of energy.

BUT his constant talking about his political views (which I expected so I knew it was coming) was a bit much. He just never stops knocking the current administration and Democrats in general, calling Obama "the mobster crook from Chicago who should be put in prison" and Hilary Clinton "that b*tch Hilary Clinton", between every song. It was almost like being at a white supremacist rally. Most of the crowd was going crazy, I however, was NOT. I don't give a crap about your views, I came to hear Stanglehold, Free For All, Cat Scratch Fever, Wango Tango, etc.... all of which we did get, but seriously, the rest was just insane. Ending with an encore of him coming out in a Indian head dress and singing Great White Buffalo and then at the end of the song, you hear a military hymn as he takes off the head dress and he and the whole band put on army helmets, brought out a huge flagpole with an American flag and they plant it in the middle of the stage, stand up, start marching in place, grabbing machine guns and waving them in the air while chanting, "free-dom, free-dom, free-dom....". My daughter and her friend left before the encore, couldn't take it anymore they were so disgusted by it. For the most part, hubby and I laughed it all off but it was a bit over the top.

He does have quite a sense of humor also tho. He says things like, "I write the best guitar riffs ever", "you guys deserve me", etc.... As everyone knows, the entire Midwest is in a severe drought and we've been dealing with 90-100 degree temps for over a month now. Just so happened that Saturday afternoon, around 4 or 5, it opened up and POURED! Of course it came down so fast and furious, it didn't do us any good because it couldn't soak into the hard ground. But Ted told us that he heard that we needed rain, so he did a rain dance and the skies opened up and gave us rain. Then proceeded to say, "say thank you Uncle Ted" and the whole crowd said, "thank you Uncle Ted".

He's still a wonderful musician and I'd see him again but it is hard to deal with the other crap that comes out of his mouth.

Here's a picture that I took that I thought was kinda cool.

Down some endless road just south of nowhere (Missouri)

Sounds like a very interesting time, TBF!

I do love 'Stranglehold' 'Cat Scratch Fever' and I'll never forget this. We had that album and our daughter was just like 5 or so and it was sitting in the front of our album collection one evening and she got scared looking at it and cried! We had to put it behind some others so she couldn't see it!

In case anyone doesn't know what that album cover looks like, here it is:

A little scary for a little kid!
    https://i.imgur.com/CuSdAQM.jpg
    "They will never forget you 'till somebody new comes along"
    1948-2016 Gone but not forgotten

Heck, it scares me now!
    ~ Cathy ~

And I dream I'm on vacation 'Cause I like the way that sounds,
    It's a perfect occupation for me.