Page 30 of 114 FirstFirst ... 202627282930313233344080 ... LastLast

Thread: Concerts

Down some endless road just south of nowhere (Missouri)

Wow! Wonderful review Maleah! I'm so glad you enjoyed yourself!

I must agree about JBJ and Richie; they are great and I'd love to see them. They are actually in my area tomorrow, but it's just impossible for me at this time.

Can't wait to see your videos and pics!
    https://i.imgur.com/CuSdAQM.jpg
    "They will never forget you 'till somebody new comes along"
    1948-2016 Gone but not forgotten

Quote Originally Posted by Maleah
    Check it out guys! With much needed help from Soda (thank you!!!!!!!!!!!) I converted and uploaded my videos to youtube! The first one is the longest, but none of them are the entire songs.
    No sweat! I am happy to facilitate the uploading of Bon Jovi hotness. Nice videos!

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

I just watched your videos and pictures, Maleah! They are fantastic! Thanks for sharing them with us! Yum!

... On a journey from innocence to experience..... In Ireland!

Maleah its great that you had such a good time. Your energy and enthusiasm was positively showing through the review you posted. I haven't yet had time either to view the pics and the videos but I will! Promise!!
    'I must be leaving soon... its your world now'
    Glenn Frey 1948-2016 RIP

Didn't Chris come out and sing with them at your concert? In an interview he had said that he was going to sing WDOA with Jon....so I was a little disappointed at the end when he didn't do that........
    No, he didn't come out to sing with him, but if I remember correctly, I think I read in the review the next day that he had a cold. Maybe he was saving his voice or something.

HOLY CRAP they're merchandise is expensive! $80 for two T SHIRTS!!!
    Yes, they were expensive. In fact, the concert ticket was less than the sweatshirts. I didn't buy anything, but who knows? Maybe I'll buy something at the July concert. I'd feel kind of bad, though, buying something for myself and not for my niece and nephew! I mean, I love them, but not that much! Just kidding!

Oh and I didn't get to make a reply to your comments about the Bon Jovi show you attended earlier but I did read it! I'm so glad that you had a blast as well! It really built the excitement up for me!! I even had to go back and re-read your post and compare your night to mine! lol WHICH brings up this point that I also forgot to mention
    I figured maybe you hadn't read it because you didn't want my review to spoil the show for you. That's why I've been strong and haven't watched any of the youtube clips of the Eagles doing the new songs in Europe. I only watched Desperado and one or two of the older songs right after the first or second show in London. I want the show to be "new" to me when I see them next month.

holy crap that man is ripped!
    Yes, he is, Maleah, yes he is... To continue this shallow topic , the tickets that I got for July are directly behind the stage. Most people would be disappointed with that view, but my niece and I are rather looking forward to it. In my nephew's birthday card that I gave him on Sunday, I pasted a pic of Jon from behind. He's kind of bending over and, oh my, what a view. I wrote under it, "I'm looking forward to the Bon Jovi concert. I'm just really sorry that we'll have such a lousy view!" Needless to say, my nephew won't be quite as thrilled with the view as his sister and aunt will be! LOL
    "You don't have to prove nothin' to nobody, just take good care of yourself."

Stuck on the Border

Elton John - Sydney Entertainment Centre, May 12 2008

Funeral For A Friend
    Love Lies Bleeding
    The Bitch Is Back
    Madman Across The Water
    Tiny Dancer
    Levon
    Believe
    Take Me To The Pilot
    Goodbye Yellow Brick Road
    Daniel
    Rocket Man
    Honky Cat
    Sacrifice
    Someone Saved My Life Tonight
    Electricity
    I Guess That's Why They Call It The Blues
    Sorry Seems To Be The Hardest Word
    Candle In The Wind
    Pinball Wizard
    Bennie And The Jets
    Philadelphia Freedom
    I'm Still Standing
    Crocodile Rock
    Saturday Night's Alright (For Fighting)

Don't Let The Sun Go Down On Me
    Your Song

For Elton's record 41st show at the Ent Cent the proceedings were quite sober. It was about music, not spectacle. The band was hot and his piano work as dazzling as ever. Some random thoughts:

Davey Johnstone played Takamines when he played acoustic, and he played banjo on Honky Cat.

I've always been bored to tears by Levon but last night was perhaps the best performance of it I've ever seen.

The look on his face during our 'karaoke' rendition of the 'la la la' part of Crocodile Rock was priceless. I think he thought we could have done better.

I raced down the front before Bennie & The Jets and had to crane my neck through all the people with their phones (ugh). It was worth it because I believe I got a personal look during I'm Still Standing.

The only surprise was Electricity from Billy Elliot which is playing in Sydney (I'm not sure that I've put it in the correct place in the setlist.

As ever, my favourites are the songs from Goodbye Yellow Brick Road - the title track, Funeral, Candle, Bennie and Saturday. I got a T shirt with the title of Saturday Night's Alright For Fighting written like it's on a tattoo.

And a weird thing - I saw two people wearing Glenn's 'crow' T shirt. I want one!

Thanks for the review, FP! It seems you had a great time - that's wonderful for you!

I must say, I echo your comment about Glenn's "crow" T-shirt!

I've got a peaceful, easy feeling
    And I know Glenn won't let me down

... On a journey from innocence to experience..... In Ireland!

Yep! Sounds like you had a great time FP! I like some of Elton's music although I'll admit there were some songs there that I've never heard of .

I want a CROW T-Shirt too!

Roll on Neil Diamond in June!
    'I must be leaving soon... its your world now'
    Glenn Frey 1948-2016 RIP

Very cool, Fp! Sounds like you had a great time!

I've never seen Elton live, but love many of his songs. Especially Tiny Dancer, Levon (aw, you don't like it?), Crocodile Rock, and Your Song.

As for that Crow shirt, I want one, too!

Quote Originally Posted by Glennsallnighter
    Yep! Sounds like you had a great time FP! I like some of Elton's music although I'll admit there were some songs there that I've never heard of .

I want a CROW T-Shirt too!

Roll on Neil Diamond in June!
    Highlight: You and me both, GA...

I've got a peaceful, easy feeling
    And I know Glenn won't let me down