Page 11 of 114 FirstFirst ... 7891011121314152161111 ... LastLast

Thread: Concerts

Am I THAT obvious?

Stuck on the Border EasyFeeling's Avatar

Nah. But I know what I would say if someone offers me Keith, Eagles or Glenn music.
    My new friend (I got to know her through the Keith forum) gave me 11 DVDs from Keith with lots of concerts and interviews from US TV stations. I was so happy about it. Material which I've never seen before. It's so much fun to watch it.

Even if you all think I'm pathetic I just wanted to tell you I bought a ticket for the Take That show. That radio concert which I taped was incredible. And I always wanted to see these guys. Now that they got together again after 10 years I grab the chance to see them live.

Ok, Michaela, an 43 old woman will go to a concert of a "boy band" (meanwhile they are over 30 now ) and I'm really looking forward to.

Hey, if you like it, don't let anybody criticize your choice! Have fun!

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

Down some endless road just south of nowhere (Missouri)

Hey EF, if you like it, who cares!

I have to confess that a couple years ago hubby and I went to see Edgar Winter at a Harley motorcycle festival! We are not Harley people (and I know there are lots of Harley people that are good, nice people), but you know what I'm talking about (I hope)! Anyway, we used to watch Edgar on Midnight Special back in the 70's and we just had to see him since he was right there! We had a great time! We also saw Rick Derringer the same night. They were both really entertaining!
    https://i.imgur.com/CuSdAQM.jpg
    "They will never forget you 'till somebody new comes along"
    1948-2016 Gone but not forgotten

Stuck on the Border

I just booked for Bob Dylan in August! Even though it was a presale I still only got the 'second best' section, but it's at least on the floor, unlike when I go to Steely Dan in September.

You never know with Dylan. I've seen him twice (once with Tom Petty & the Heartbreakers at which I had the privilege of seeing Mark Knopfler join them on stage. Not Stevie Nicks, Soda, although she did come on stage on that tour). I just hope he plays guitar. Recently I've heard that he's been playing keyboards. I can deal with that, but not for the entire show! As for what his voice will be like, I really don't know. The man has just turned 66 so it's a privilege. Now if Neil Young is listening....

Thanks for the reviews, Df. I like that 'smooth jazz' style on the Santa Claus track I've only heard Bruce's version and the Jacksons before.

Fp, well done on getting Dylan tickets, although I'm actually more envious of you seeing Steely Dan. I wish they would come to Britain. I think I'd have a reasonable chance of persuading the other half to go and see them.

On the subject of concerts, and other musicians, how many in this group can we name? I can see Neil Young and Bruce Springsteen for starters.

www.donfelderonline.com
    ~~~~~
    This way to happiness...

Okay, I'll play. I see Don and Timothy and J.D. Souther and Danny Kortchmar and Robin Williams.

I'm not sure but is that guy in the middle Tom Petty?

You guys already guessed everybody in that photo that I knew!

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten