Page 111 of 114 FirstFirst ... 1161101107108109110111112113114 LastLast
Results 1,101 to 1,110 of 1134

Thread: Concerts

Default Re: Concerts

I did end up seeing Travis Tritt last night. What a show!!! He puts on a great show. He's got some great moves for a 53 year old and still looks good looking. I didn't know how great of a guitar player he was. When I see his videos, he usually doesn't do a guitar solo, but it was great.

Travis did play Take It Easy. The crowd went wild when he started singing the song. The whole audience was singing along to Take It Easy. I will always appreciate Travis getting the ball rolling for the guys to get back together 22 years ago. A crazy idea to some was the turning point. I did great a video of the appearance, but its on my phone.

Travis announced on his facebook page maybe an hour later after the show that his show was the biggest draw ever for the opening of the fair. That's fantastic. Maybe they will invite him back next year. Boyz II Men has been coming back for years and they are back this year. I'm seeing them on Tuesday. There's one thing about us Mississippians. We know how to rock and show up for concerts.

Down some endless road just south of nowhere (Missouri)

Fp and shun, sounds like great times for both of you!

Fp, I hope you get to see MK too someday.
    https://i.imgur.com/CuSdAQM.jpg
    "They will never forget you 'till somebody new comes along"
    1948-2016 Gone but not forgotten

Stuck on the Border

Quote Originally Posted by LuvTim View Post
    Well, Mark Knopfler-- what's not to love?
    We love him, too.

I hope you'll get to see him, FP. I know it would be one of the highlights of your life!
    See him AGAIN. I saw him twice with Dire Straits & once solo - back in 2005. That is too long ago.

Quote Originally Posted by Freypower View Post
    See him AGAIN. I saw him twice with Dire Straits & once solo - back in 2005. That is too long ago.
    Again, then. For sure.

It's all in your smile that brings
    All of the special things about you

I'm a fan of Travis Tritt--it sounds like he put on a great show.

Quote Originally Posted by shunlvswx View Post
    Travis announced on his facebook page maybe an hour later after the show that his show was the biggest draw ever for the opening of the fair. That's fantastic. Maybe they will invite him back next year. Boyz II Men has been coming back for years and they are back this year. I'm seeing them on Tuesday. There's one thing about us Mississippians. We know how to rock and show up for concerts.
    Well, considering Mississippi is the birthplace of rock and roll, that isn't surprising!

On my leatherette looking through pictures...

I have neither the expenses nor the mental strength to pursue such a trip, but I'm curious: Who all is going to the Indio, CA, 'Desert Trip' concert series?

Some of the top-billed acts include the Who, Neil Young, Paul McCartney, and Roger Waters.
    All carrot, no stick.

"He's just another power junkie, just another silk scarf monkey. You'd know it if you saw his stuff. The man just isn't big enough."--Glenn Frey/Don Henley

"You think you know me, but you haven't got a clue."--John Lennon/Paul McCartney

Stuck on the Border Jonny Come Lately's Avatar
    Watching the hazy sun sinking in the sea in England

The Australian Pink Floyd Show last night was absolutely amazing! I thought it would be a very good show but it surpassed my expectations - the performance and show was hugely impressive and there were some quite unexpected song choices. There were times when you could close your eyes and think that it was actually Pink Floyd. It was very different to either Don or Neil Young as neither of their shows had anything much in the way of special effects or pyrotechnics. I deliberately avoided reading anything about the show or setlist beforehand so everything was a surprise to me on the night. I'll post a review later, although for the sake of everyone's sanity I think I'll put it in the Pink Floyd thread rather than here!

Stuck on the Border Annoying Twit's Avatar

Last night we went to see Glenn Tilbrook, from Squeeze. An enjoyable concert. Support was Steve Smith of the House/Dance band Dirty Vegas, showing that he can do the singer/songewriter thing with an acoustic guitar and a microphone too. Not quite as 'interactive' as the 90s concerts of his that I attended, such as the one where he took his audience out of the 12 Bar Club in London, and had us following him and his guitar around the streets of Soho and then we invaded a nightclub.

As I plan to see Glenn Hughes (from Deep Purple and Black Sabbath) in November, that's a number of Glenns in one month, but sadly not the main Glenn

EDIT: A selection of musical Glenns.

And of course:

Stuck on the Border

AT, first I apologise for the dispute we had before I took a break which I needed to clear my head. You had your reasons for expressing those views & you were entitled to do so.

Now, about Glenn Hughes. My husband worships him but didn't see him until 2010 at the Sage in Gateshead. He got him to sign a CD & talked to him about football (Mr Hughes is a Wolves fanatic). So I hope you have a good time.

... On a journey from innocence to experience..... In Ireland!

And of course dont forget Glenn Miller, Glen Campbell, Glen Hansard, Glenn Madieros.... If you want yor son to be a musician, name him Glenn!!
    'I must be leaving soon... its your world now'
    Glenn Frey 1948-2016 RIP