Page 15 of 114 FirstFirst ... 51112131415161718192565 ... LastLast

Thread: Concerts

I was actually at the Sydney Live Earth show yesterday and yes, Crowded House were definitely amazing! They were the main reason I went as I never did see them before they broke up and have always loved them. Neil Finn is one of the most gifted musicians on the face of the earth so to see him live was very special indeed and I will also be seeing them again in November, can't wait!! The rest of the day was fabulous also, highlights other than CH were Paul Kelly and Missy Higgins, both of whom I must admit not being a fan of but they were really impressive to me. Jack Johnson was also great however being 2nd last act of the day, after Wolfmother (and for those that don't know them, they are heavy rock....) and preceeding CH who everyone had come to see, well poor Jacks melodic little tunes didn't stand a chance really! Definitely should have been on earlier in the line up. The only bad thing was having to take a trip to the bathroom which was at least 20-30 minutes wait

Moderator Ive always been a dreamer's Avatar
    Cruising down the center of a two-way street in VA

Man - ain't this place great! As was mentioned earlier this week, we have members all over the place. All we have to do is mention an event and chances are one of our members can give us a first-hand report. You gotta love it! Thanks ladies.

"People don't run out of dreams: People just run out of time ..."
    Glenn Frey 11/06/1948 - 01/18/2016

Great to hear from you again, Selena. I thought about you as I was watching Live Earth last night. I'm glad you got to go!

Stuck on the Border

WB Selena. So you and I will both be seeing Neil & the boys in November.

Quote Originally Posted by Freypower
    I’m jealous – hope I also get a chance to see them, they’re a fabulous band.
    We'll have stars to wish on every single night
    We'll build a fire and make love by candlelight

Nice to hear from you about the concert, Selena!

I don't know if you're aware of this photo:

Seems Glenn is a fan!

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

Quote Originally Posted by Freypower
    Thanks & looking forward to November. But to update since I was last here, I actually lucked my way in to a gig they did last Monday night at the Corner Hotel in Melbourne and it was unbelievable!! They played for about 2 hours and were having lots of fun and trying out different stuff (actually played a verse of Don't Dream reggae style, was hilarious!). It was sensational to see them interacting with each other and joking around. They played a few from their new album including Silent House which they played last Saturday at Live Earth, it is truly a beautiful song. Neil dedicated Four Seasons in One Day to Paul which was lovely as he wrote it about Melbourne, man he has such a sweet voice and he's funny too! I took a few pics but these are the best 2. Go see them if you get the chance, you will not be disappointed.

Quote Originally Posted by SodaScouts
    Nice to hear from you about the concert, Selena!

I don't know if you're aware of this photo:

Seems Glenn is a fan!
    Very cool and proves the man has great taste

Well today I heard a rumour from a very well believed source from the Springsteen camp and it appears that Bruce will be releasing the new album October sometime but....wait for it....he will be then going on tour, a world tour that will include AUSTRALIA!!!!!!!!! I am beside myself with happiness, you have no idea, lol!!! I told my partner tonight and his reply was "well I guess I won't be seeing you for a week or so whilst you're following him around the country". Yep, you got that right my sweet It will be around Feb/March I imagine so gives me plenty of time to save my pennies, can't wait

Selena, sounds like you've been having quite a run of luck! Have fun watching that sexpot The Boss as many times as possible.

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten