Page 21 of 114 FirstFirst ... 111718192021222324253171 ... LastLast

Thread: Concerts

Great review, EF. I'm really glad you enjoyed it as you have been needing a boost. I must confess to enjoying a few of Robbie Williams' songs, so I can understand how the audience felt when they sang one of his songs. However, the new line-up seems to have moved forward and matured.

What was with that guy and his bare butt, though? Some cheek, eh?

www.donfelderonline.com
    ~~~~~
    This way to happiness...

Stuck on the Border EasyFeeling's Avatar

Yep. I tried to find a photo in the internet but nothing. My friends have taken photos but they are not sure if they turned out good.

Stuck on the Border

My computer is treating me with utter contempt at the moment so I am barely able to post. However I wanted to post about the Crowded House show last night. I know that many of you are not familiar with them but bear with me.

The show was scheduled to start at 7.30 but Crowded House didn't take the stage until after 9 pm, by which time I was feeling very tired (Monday night). The support band were OK but they played about 45 minutes, too long for a support.

Neil Finn had shaggy hair that made him look like Rod Stewart. He and the other band members were wearing very 80s suits. They started with two familiar songs, Private Universe and World Where You Live. I was surprised by how hard they could rock. They mixed old favourites with new tracks from the Time On Earth. Neil's son Liam, looking a bit like Jim Morrison at the end of his life with shaggy dark hair and a full beard, sang harmonies on two tracks. Don't Dream It's Over produced the first of a couple of singalongs. Between songs there was a lot of band banter which I'm afraid became extremely tedious. Private jokes are OK a couple of times but let's not overdo it, guys.

Other highlights were Neil playing piano for a new song, Pour Le Monde (although before this we had a very irritating disco sendup), Fall At Your Feet and When You Come, also Italian Plastic, dedicated to Paul Hester, their drummer who committed suicide. For the encores suddenly it was our turn. We had to sing large hunks of Weather With You, Four Seasons In One Day and the final song, Better Be Home Soon. We didn't do too badly. It didn't end until 11.15 and I didn't get home until 12.45 (by which time, of course, it was The Glorious 6th and I had the Birthday Playlist going on the iPod.

Here is Neil for a limited time:

Nice review FP. I'm seeing both their Melbourne shows later this week and am very much looking forward to them (love Neil Finn, the man is a musical genius!) Plus am seeing The Killers next Tuesday night which should also be fabulous.

Down some endless road just south of nowhere (Missouri)

Quote Originally Posted by Freypower
    I didn't get home until 12.45 (by which time, of course, it was The Glorious 6th and I had the Birthday Playlist going on the iPod.

Here is Neil for a limited time:

The Glorious 6th! Birthday Playlist! Love it, Fp!

Crowded House sounds interesting. And yes, the guy looks a lot like Rod!
    https://i.imgur.com/CuSdAQM.jpg
    "They will never forget you 'till somebody new comes along"
    1948-2016 Gone but not forgotten

Stuck on the Border

We went to see Zappa Plays Zappa last night.

My husband would be much better writing this than I would. I'll try...

Dweezil Zappa is a fine guitarist. He didn't sing all that much. He mainly left that to Ray White, who is an extremely talented black singer & occasional guitarist who played with Zappa Snr on many albums. The band was extremely tight. They need to be to play some of Frank's more complicated & jazzy stuff. As the night wore on they were joined by Steve Vai, who tore the place up with some sizzling solos. He was much better live than he is on DVD. He was wearing patched jeans... and he had to shake his hair out of his eyes a few times. One thing that I'd never seen before was when one of the other guitarists played a solo Dweezil didn't play rhythm but stood and watched. He's not bad looking, either. He has his father's nose.

I can't list all the songs. I can list the ones I recognised - Cosmik Debris, I'm The Slime, Dumb All Over (featuring Frank on a video screen), The Illinois Enema Bandit, City Of Tiny Lights (I was proud of myself that I recognised this straight away), Filthy Habits and what I thought was the highlight, Wind Up Working In A Gas Station/San Ber'dino. That was until the end when they played the classic Muffin Man (again backed by Frank's visage).

And the audience - good grief. I thought my husband was anal about Frank. I'm glad I didn't wear my Led Zeppelin T shirt. I wore the Crowded House one!

Default Top 20 Concerts on Pollstar

TOP 20

1. Bruce Springsteen & The E Street Band
    2. Bon Jovi
    3. Van Halen
    4. Tool
    5. Ozzy Osbourne
    6. Neil Young
    7. Celine Dion
    8. Foo Fighters
    9. Billy Joel
    10. George Strait
    11. The Police
    12. The Smashing Pumpkins
    13. Keith Urban
    14. Alicia Keys
    15. Hannah Montana / Miley Cyrus "Best Of Both Worlds"
    16. Avril Lavigne
    17. Rage Against the Machine
    18. R. Kelly
    19. Duran Duran
    20. Elton John

Love to see Keith here but no Eagles?

http://www.pollstar.com/

Moderator Ive always been a dreamer's Avatar
    Cruising down the center of a two-way street in VA

EF - Our guys probably didn't make the list since they didn't have a full tour this year. Hopefully, that will change in 2008.

Glad to see Keith, Bruce, and Bon Jovi on the list, though. Also, glad to see that Elton's still kicking butt!

"People don't run out of dreams: People just run out of time ..."
    Glenn Frey 11/06/1948 - 01/18/2016

I bet when the Eagles mount their tour they will be TOPS!

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

Quote Originally Posted by Ive always been a dreamer
    EF - Our guys probably didn't make the list since they didn't have a full tour this year. Hopefully, that will change in 2008.

Glad to see Keith, Bruce, and Bon Jovi on the list, though. Also, glad to see that Elton's still kicking butt!
    I wasn't sure about if they only listed artists who were touring this year. Now there's hope.