Page 26 of 114 FirstFirst ... 162223242526272829303676 ... LastLast

Thread: Concerts

Down some endless road just south of nowhere (Missouri)

WOW katherine! That was a fabulous review! Thanks for taking the time to give us such wonderful information! I felt like I was there!

Now I want to see Bon Jovi! Well, I did before, but now more than ever! I've always thought he seemed to be a genuinely nice guy and his interaction with his fans makes me know he is. That's really cool that he is willing to allow his fans to actually touch him as he walked by. It could get scary for him!

Loved that about him pulling the woman up on stage with him. I'd have died right there for sure! And him walking through the crowd. Great! He's definitely a gorgeous man!

I'm so glad you had such a good time!
    https://i.imgur.com/CuSdAQM.jpg
    "They will never forget you 'till somebody new comes along"
    1948-2016 Gone but not forgotten

Moderator Ive always been a dreamer's Avatar
    Cruising down the center of a two-way street in VA

Wow katherine - thanks for writing such a great review. Sounds like an awesome show. We won't tell Don about this. Well, on second thought - some of us that don't like to share may tell.

"People don't run out of dreams: People just run out of time ..."
    Glenn Frey 11/06/1948 - 01/18/2016

Quote Originally Posted by Ive always been a dreamer
    Wow katherine - thanks for writing such a great review. Sounds like an awesome show. We won't tell Don about this. Well, on second thought - some of us that don't like to share may tell.
    Now, now, dreamer, let's not be tacky here! Besides, if I was face-to-face with Don, talking about another singer would never enter my mind--I would be WAY too focused on Don's baby blues!

Katherine, that WAS a great review! Glad you had such a fantastic time! Sounds like I need to buy tickets to the next Bon Jovi show that comes my way...once I save up from paying for my Eagles tix, that is!

Stuck on the Border tbs fanatic's Avatar

Wow Katherine That was a rave review. Glad you had such a great time.

Awesome review Katherine! It sounds like a fabulous show, and great to hear all the interaction Bon Jovi made with the audience. Sounds like more than a few ladies went home on Cloud Nine that night! I wonder if he'll come to the UK?

www.donfelderonline.com
    ~~~~~
    This way to happiness...

Stuck on the Border EasyFeeling's Avatar

I thought this is quite interesting... I wonder where we can find the Eagles when they are touring.

Top 20 Concert Tours
    By The Associated Press

The Top 20 Concert Tours ranks artists by average box office gross per city and includes the average ticket price for shows in North America. The previous week's ranking is in parentheses. The list is based on data provided to the trade publication Pollstar by concert promoters and venue managers.

TOP 20 CONCERT TOURS

1. (1) Van Halen; $1,442,455; $114.03.

2. (2) Dane Cook; $1,063,938; $69.27.

3. (3) Hannah Montana / Miley Cyrus "Best Of Both Worlds"; $899,651; $55.48.

4. (6) Michael Buble; $716,997; $75.36.

5. (4) Stevie Wonder; $713,615; $74.59.

6. (5) Andre Rieu; $687,074; $78.10.

7. (7) Keith Urban; $603,068; $61.89.

8. ( Trans-Siberian Orchestra; $582,669; $42.65.

9. (9) Chris Brown; $572,141; $62.47.

10. (10) Ozzy Osbourne; $543,792; $64.63.

11. (11) R. Kelly; $447,850; $70.47.

12. (12) Tool; $434,533; $52.13.

13. (13) "So You Think You Can Dance"; $317,805; $49.58.

14. (New) Larry The Cable Guy; $276,755; $44.27.

15. (14) Alejandro Sanz; $263,171; $66.25.

16. (New) John Mellencamp; $242,582; $59.31.

17. (15) Blue Man Group; $237,347; $63.11.

18. (16) Fall Out Boy; $189,365; $30.59.

19. (1 Casting Crowns; $136,028; $25.17.

20. (17) Jethro Tull; $135,523; $56.19.

http://www.salisburypost.com/

Stuck on the Border EasyFeeling's Avatar

I got my tickets for James Blunt in October, yay.

Well, I came home from my mini-vacation at my brother's to hear this message on my answering machine from my sister:

"Three words. 'I got them.' I'll let you figure out what I'm talking about." Of course, my first reaction was, "Holy crap! The Eagles tickets went on sale over the weekend?!?!" I couldn't believe it, but I had no clue as to what else she could've been talking about. I called her up and asked (only half-jokingly), "You got Eagles tickets?" She laughed and said, "As if!" She wouldn't tell me, but I finally remembered she had e-mailed me last week joking about Duran Duran and asking if I wanted her big sister to take me to see them like she did when I was in high school. I joked back and said, "Ohmigod! Yes!" She took me seriously so now we've got tickets to see Duran Duran in May! I can't believe she thought I was serious, but I'm actually looking forward to it now. It'll be a fun distraction from that other band that I'm dying to see.
    "You don't have to prove nothin' to nobody, just take good care of yourself."

Stuck on the Border

John Fogerty - Sydney Entertainment Centre March 26 2008

This man is such a legend I cannot believe it took me this long to see him for the first time. First, DF will be happy to know that I bought mv very own genuine blue & white flannelette plaid shirt ('Fortunate Son' brand). I tried not to but I had to have one. These things are very exotic in Australia (well, maybe not in the outback).

I had a magnificent seat, second row on the right hand side, to Fogerty's left. To my delight, he played guitar without leads. Every few minutes he came over to our side, then to the other side. It was awesome to watch. I had a wonderful view. He was not wearing plaid though - he had on a black velvet shirt with black jeans. Like Joe, he has the strongest, most distinctive Irish face.

He wasn't happy with the sound mix and gave the sound guy on my side a few mentions trying to get him to turn up the sound. I thought the sound was fine except later when I couldn't hear a solo, I think in Up Around The Bend (a song I hadn't expected to hear)

He opened with Travelin' Band and then did Bad Moon Rising, my ultimate favourite CCR song. But it got better and better. He changed guitar with every song. He used black & gold Gibsons, a green Rickenbacker, a blue guitar which I was unsure of the brand, and even a red Strat (favoured by Knopfler - in fact they played Sultans of Swing on the PA before the show. I was in heaven). Classic after classic - Green River, Who'll Stop The Rain, Lookin' Out My Back Door, Midnight Special, I Heard It Through The Grapevine (I have never been a big fan of the CCR version of this but it rocked), Born On The Bayou, Ramble Tamble. Then once we were all excited he started mixing in songs from the new Revival album. A 'political' double of Long Dark Night and I Can't Take It No More was excellent. We also had Creedence Song, Don't You Wish It Was True and Broken Down Cowboy.

My personal 'moment' was during Down On The Corner, which I adore anyway. He came over my side and gave me specifically a big long stare and a smile. It was wonderful. I was over the moon. I even screamed a couple of times after that. He had his two teenage sons playing with him on that song although after the stare I barely noticed. We heard stuff like Have You Ever Seen The Rain, Rock'n'Roll Girls, Old Man Down The Road and the encore, which was a blistering Fortunate Son and Proud Mary.

Fogerty is a brilliant guitarist, singer and songwriter and if every you get the chance to see him, DO IT.

For EF's benefit here is Undercover's story about Keith Urban joining him on stage at a festival in Melbourne. The setlist is almost the same as ours (we didn't get It Came Out Of The Sky - we got Commotion, which was a surprise, and Broken Down Cowboy was much later in our set).

http://undercover.com.au/News-Story.aspx?id=4347

... On a journey from innocence to experience..... In Ireland!

Sounds like a fantastic gig FP! I'm not familiar with much of his material so cant comment on his set but its great that you too had a 'special moment' at a gig this week. His range of guitars sound awesome as well. Glad you had such a good night and a great review to read.
    'I must be leaving soon... its your world now'
    Glenn Frey 1948-2016 RIP