Page 42 of 114 FirstFirst ... 323839404142434445465292 ... LastLast

Thread: Concerts

Down some endless road just south of nowhere (Missouri)

Default Re: What Concerts Have You Seen Lately?

Hmmmm, I'd like to see all of them. Thanks Rick.
    https://i.imgur.com/CuSdAQM.jpg
    "They will never forget you 'till somebody new comes along"
    1948-2016 Gone but not forgotten

I went to see one of my very favorite singer/songwriters last night, Shawn Mullins. Many of you may never have heard of him, but he is a fantastic writer and singer, and definitely worth checking out!
    Shawn had a hit song in the 90's called "Lullabye", which many of you may have heard on the radio back then. Since then, he has written so many great songs-I loved every minute of the show yesterday! To top it off, he stayed afterwards to sign autographs and chat-what a warm, friendly guy-a true gentleman!

Border Desperado

I noticed on Ticketmaster that another couple of great bands
    are teaming up together later this summer for a tour:

Aerosmith and ZZ Top!

Only 3 dates have been announced so far but many more will
    be released soon.

Rick
    "It's only Rock and Roll, but I like it"

Down some endless road just south of nowhere (Missouri)

How about these VIP prices! At least you get to meet Tyler and Perry, but

--------------------------------------------------------
    http://www.aeroforceone.com/index.cf...6135/pid/10784

Wheels Up

$1,249.00 Shirt Size Small Medium Large Extra Large 2 Extra Large
    Qty: Login or Purchase Membership Aerosmith Tour 2009The WHEELS UP Package!

The Wheels Up package includes a meet and greet with Steven Tyler and Joe Perry, a pre-show party, and a killer merchandise package. This ticket package includes:
    1. A reserved seat in Row 1-3. Most are in Rows 1 and 2.
    2. A meet and greet with Steven Tyler and Joe Perry!
    3. A photobook with shots from your show!
    4. The pre-show VIP Party!
    5. An Aerosmith lanyard, collectible laminate, and tour pin.
    6. An EXCLUSIVE AEROSMITH merchandise package including: an AeroForceOne t-shirt, decal set, and postcard set with pen.
    • For more details on this package type please click here.

Ultra Sweet Spot

$599.00 Shirt Size Small Medium Large Extra Large 2 Extra Large
    Qty: Login or Purchase Membership Aerosmith Tour 2009The ULTRA SWEET SPOT Package!
    The Ultra Sweet Spot includes a tour of the backstage area, a pre-show party, and a killer merchandise package.

This ticket package includes:
    1. A reserved seat in Row 3-5.
    2. A tour of the backstage area.
    3. The pre-show VIP Party with special appearance by Joey Kramer!
    4. An Aerosmith lanyard, collectible laminate, and tour pin.
    5. An EXCLUSIVE AEROSMITH merchandise package including: an AeroForceOne t-shirt, decal set, and postcard set with pen.

Sweet Spot

$399.00 Shirt Size Small Medium Large Extra Large 2 Extra Large
    Qty: Login or Purchase Membership Aerosmith Tour 2009The SWEET SPOT Package!
    The Sweet Spot package includes a pre-show party and a killer merchandise package.

This ticket package includes:
    1. A reserved seat in Rows 7-12.
    2. The pre-show VIP Party with a special appearance by Joey Kramer!
    3. An Aerosmith lanyard, collectible laminate, and tour pin.
    4. An EXCLUSIVE AEROSMITH merchandise package including: an AeroForceOne t-shirt, decal set, and postcard set with pen.

Top Spot

$299.00 Shirt Size Small Medium Large Extra Large 2 Extra Large
    Qty: Login or Purchase Membership Aerosmith Tour 2009The TOP SPOT Package!
    The Top Spot package includes a killer merchandise package including a COMPLETE set of tour pins - not available in any other ticket package.

This package includes:
    1. A reserved seat in Rows 13-17.
    2. A complete set of tour pins.
    3. An EXCLUSIVE AEROSMITH merchandise package including: an Aero Force One t-shirt, decal set and postcard set with pen.

Premium

$229.00 Qty: Login or Purchase Membership Aerosmith Tour 2009The PREMIUM Package!

This package includes:
    1. A first price tier reserved seat. Our seats are almost all floor seats in Rows 18-30. There are a few in FLR5 (center), Rows 2 and 4.
    2. A tour pin, set of decals and two postcards from the postcard set.

https://i.imgur.com/CuSdAQM.jpg
    "They will never forget you 'till somebody new comes along"
    1948-2016 Gone but not forgotten

Yeah, it's expensive, but I can't help but notice you get a lot more bang for your buck than with the Eagles ones. And if you wanna meet Joe Walsh, you gotta shell out $5000!

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

Stuck on the Border

Default Re: Concerts

Zappa Plays Zappa - April 14, Sydney

This was our second ZPZ show after seeing them in 2007 so I pretty much knew what to expect. The setlist, however, was entirely different (and it gets changed at every venue:

Set 1: The Purple Lagoon, Imaginary Diseases, Magic Fingers, Tell Me You Love Me, Peaches En Regalia, Dirty Love, Montana, Village Of The Sun, Echidna's Arf, Don't You Ever Wash That Thing?

Set 2: The Mammy Anthem, Pygmy Twylyte, Don't Eat The Yellow Snow, St. Alfonzo's Pancake Breakfast, Father O Blivion, Bamboozled By Love*, King Kong, Cosmik Debris, I'm The Slime, Willie The Pimp, Apostrophe

Dweezil wore a black T shirt and jeans. No further comment.

I think there were more crowd pleasers than last time. Before the classic Peaches En Regalia Dweezil told us they had won the Best Rock Instrumental Grammy for it this year! Ironic that I get to see this, and not the track which won Best POP Instrumental. He didn't have a guest singer and most of what vocals there were were done by Sheila Gonzalez, the keyboards/sax player, and Joe Travers, the drummer.

Dweezil only played two guitars - a Gibson SG & a Strat. And he can play them. He is awesome to watch and yet I'm informed that he isn't in his father's class. The band was extremely tight. Some spontaneity happened in the second set when a couple of rabid fans were allowed on stage and started dancing ad moving around - they knew every word and every note and I am not sure that this wasn't pre planned. Also a kid of about 6 who we had seen before the show, who his dad told us 'knew the lot' came down the front, and Dweezil took him up and put the guitar in front of him as if he were playing it. It was so cute.

I don't know how good it is for Dweezil's own career to only play his father's music but if it takes it to a wider audience it must be good, I suppose. The songs I enjoyed the most are highlighted above. What a relief to get Don't Eat The Yellow Snow.

FP, I was never a Zappa fan, but when I was in my teens I had a friend who had some albums. The only thing I can remember to this day is,

"Watch out where the huskies go and don't you eat that yellow snow!"
    ~ Cathy ~

And I dream I'm on vacation 'Cause I like the way that sounds,
    It's a perfect occupation for me.

Stuck on the Border

You got it PM. To finally hear those lines was an experience, even if it wasn't Frank singing them. (Don't Eat The Yellow Snow is from the Apostrophe/Overnite Sensation album).

I am a convert because of my husband. I am nowhere near in the same class as he is. I might take advantage of the new iPod Recommendations topic to list a couple of Zappa tracks that I like. In the meantime if anyone had the slightest interest in checking out FZ's massive ouevre I would start with the following:

Apostrophe/Overnite Sensation (see above)
    Sheikh Yerbouti
    Broadway The Hard Way
    You Are What You Is

I've got 263 FZ tracks on my iPod and that is barely scratching the surface.

Stuck on the Border TimothyBFan's Avatar

FP---I do wish my son could meet you and your husband --He would be in awe of you-and would listen to you for hours if you would talk to him about Zappa. He LOVES the guy and doesn't get a chance to talk to other Zappa fans often! He has ALL his albums downloaded on his Zune (and I forgot how many hundreds he told me there were).

Another thing, I don't remember if I told this story already--in my son's room is a poster of Frank Zappa sitting on the toilet with his pants down around his ankles. Dillon has tried for years to try to get me to frame it and hang it in the bathroom downstairs. Ain't happening. I have a feeling that poster will be hanging in his dorm room come fall.
    He sings it high, he plays it low

Quote Originally Posted by TimothyBFan View Post
    Another thing, I don't remember if I told this story already--in my son's room is a poster of Frank Zappa sitting on the toilet with his pants down around his ankles. Dillon has tried for years to try to get me to frame it and hang it in the bathroom downstairs. Ain't happening. I have a feeling that poster will be hanging in his dorm room come fall.
    I feel for his future wife!
    ~ Cathy ~

And I dream I'm on vacation 'Cause I like the way that sounds,
    It's a perfect occupation for me.