Page 46 of 114 FirstFirst ... 364243444546474849505696 ... LastLast

Thread: Concerts

Default Re: Concerts

Wow, Michaela! How wonderful for you! Thanks for the pics as well.

Molly - have fun! I went to Summerfest to see Lindsey Buckingam a couple years ago, and Stevie Nicks before that. It's a great time!

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

Down some endless road just south of nowhere (Missouri)

Awesome, Michaela! I'm so happy for you and the pics are great!

It is indeed wonderful to get to have your photo taken with someone that you admire so much.
    https://i.imgur.com/CuSdAQM.jpg
    "They will never forget you 'till somebody new comes along"
    1948-2016 Gone but not forgotten

Stuck on the Border EasyFeeling's Avatar

Molly, have you already seen ZZ Top?

Last weekend I went to see Foreigner again. You know I saw them last month for an acoustic gig and they were just great.

But this time the full band and of course they weren't sitting on a barstool. The show was loud and wild, especially Kelly Hansen. He climbed on everything what crossed his way and rocked like crazy, nothing could stop him. He jumped off the stage, came to us (I was standing front row), climbed on the barrier, the security ready to catch him in case, we grabbed his legs and he made his way along the front row balancing on this small barrier, shaking hands and encouraging the crowd to raise and clap their hands. Not that he needed to because the crowd were thrilled anyway It was so cool.

The drum solo of Brian Tichy was fantastic, he tossed one of his drum sticks and catched it right in that moment he needed it. At the end he tossed both drum sticks into the crowd and continued to play only with his hands and fists, awesome.

It was one hell of a rock show. If you like their old songs, which sound more like new songs in some way with Kelly singing them and if you like their new album go see them if you can, you won't regret it. The best what could happened to the band is Kelly, a brilliant vocalist and the best rock voice I've ever heard live. Mick Jones did some great guitar solos and Jeff Pilson on bass and Thommy Gimbel on sax and guitar were awesome and it was just great to see all of them having so much fun.

I have only one thing to complain... they really should play more songs off the new album. Sadly they did only two, Can't Slow Down and When It Comes To Love. And there are definitely more new songs which are worth to play live. But you know about that "problem" (thinking about the Eagles).

Foreigner were the headliner, in total there were 5 bands who played that night.

Saga:
    Don't need to see them again, the new singer is awful. His "performance" was lame, they really need to look for another frontman. The crowd almost fell asleep and no one screamed for an encore.

The Sweet:
    They put up a great show, Ballroom Blitz, Fox On The Run, Blockbuster. The crowd was more than happy after Saga I can tell you. Andy Scott's hair looks like 35 or 40 years ago LOL And he still can sing. I also liked the singer he fits to the band.

Nazareth:
    Better than I thought. I didn't much expect from them but were surprised then. They still have the original singer Dan McCafferty who must be near 70 now but he has still that rough voice what makes the band recognisable. Of course he can't hit the very high notes anymore but that doesn't matter. I always liked their songs Dream On, Love Hurts and This Flight Tonight which is my favorite.

Last but not least... Barclay James Harvest *sigh*
    They were just fantastic! Great songs like Hymn, Live Is For Living, Love On The Line only to name a few. I had goosebumps when they entered the stage. There is a particular aura around them I can't really describe, magical. I think there are not so many bands out there who are able to let you forget everything around you. BJH are definitely one of them. I hope I get to see them again but then is has to be only BJH.

Ok, now I'm looking forward to July, the next music festival... guess who the headliner is? Yes, Foreigner LOL. But they have also some other great bands on the list... Gotthard, Golden Earring, D.A.D., Suzie Quatro, Russ Ballard, Axxis, Guru Guru and others.

Oh, long review LOL

Stuck on the Border TimothyBFan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by EasyFeeling View Post

It was one hell of a rock show. If you like their old songs, which sound more like new songs in some way with Kelly singing them and if you like their new album go see them if you can, you won't regret it. The best what could happened to the band is Kelly, a brilliant vocalist and the best rock voice I've ever heard live.
    Goal this afternoon when I get a chance is to find some Foreigner on YouTube with him. I've actually passed up Foreigner twice because I couldn't imagine them without Lou Gramm. Maybe I should rethink that. Besides-he looks really HOT!!

The Sweet:
    They put up a great show, Ballroom Blitz, Fox On The Run, Blockbuster. The crowd was more than happy after Saga I can tell you. Andy Scott's hair looks like 35 or 40 years ago LOL And he still can sing. I also liked the singer he fits to the band.
    Actually Michaela, this isn't the usual lead singer. The real lead singer is usually Pete Lincoln (who also plays bass) but he wasn't able to get to the show because of the volcano ash situation. The usual guitar player, Steve Grant, stepped into the part of bass player/lead vocalists and a former Sweet guitarist, Steve Mann, stepped in again to play guitar for this gig.

Did you get all that? Anyways, here's a link to some great pictures from that show!

http://www.sweetlife.dk/1599
    He sings it high, he plays it low

Ummm... yes, I think so LOL Now that you've mentioned it I remember they were talking about the volcano ash but I did not listen closely because I was distracted by talking to a friend.

Thanks for the link with the pictures.

Oh Willie, you passed up them? You have no idea what you've missed. I've never seen them live with Lou Gramm he certainly was a great singer back then but you won't miss him anymore when you see Kelly, I promise.

And you're right, he's more than HOT

Cold As Ice

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o_scVk-may4[/ame]

Hot Blooded

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yCL2gcBQjpU[/ame]

Urgent, with an awesome intro from Mick and a sax solo from Thom. This video comes from their DVD Alive and Rockin', which is really fantastic:

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pYZ-Zn0G8Mc[/ame]

Oh, I forgot to tell you something... during the conversions on stage I heard some familiar songs... they played songs from LROOE Usually I hate these breaks but this one time I did not mind

Stuck on the Border TimothyBFan's Avatar

Thanks for putting those up EF. You're right---he sounds really good. If they come around, I told Larry we will have to check them out.
    He sings it high, he plays it low

Willie, to make your decision a little easier you can watch one of the unplugged shows in Germany from March on this website:

http://www.hr-online.de/website/radi...ument_39116557

The video is available until March 16. To get a bigger video just click on the little button between the volume and time. Actually you can watch it in full screen mode. It's one and a half hour long, at the end there are Q&A, which is very funny. Kelly is just brilliant as always as well as the other guys.
    I hope you can access that website from your area.

Down some endless road just south of nowhere (Missouri)

Saturday night hubby and I got to go see The Marshall Tucker Band in a nearby town. We had always liked their music from the 70's, but weren't huge fans or anything. We have 2 of their first vinyls. Really love the songs Can't You See, Fire On The Mountain, and Take The Highway. The addition of the flute in their music make them very different and cool. Very country, kinda like Charlie Daniels.

It was an outdoor show at a baseball field, so we wrapped up in long johns, jeans, hoodies, coats, umbrellas, and trash bags since rain was in the forecast for the evening. Of course, it did try to rain for a few minutes, but quit and it turned out ok. They played for about an hour and 15 minutes and were very enjoyable.

http://marshalltucker.com/

This is an old video, but you get the idea.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VEOV5vWfSgI&feature=related[/ame]

Their opening act was Candi Coburn. She was country rock and really put on a good show, too.

If you get a chance to see either of them, go for it!
    https://i.imgur.com/CuSdAQM.jpg
    "They will never forget you 'till somebody new comes along"
    1948-2016 Gone but not forgotten

Stuck on the Border

Brooke, I love the Marshall Tucker Band. Glad to know they are out on the road-maybe they'll swing nearby -hubby and I haven't seen them yet.

My favorite high school teacher -my art teacher -was always singing -the man has a wonderful voice. He sounds exactly like the singer in the Marshall Tucker Band...dead on like him! I always smile and think of "Johnny B" whenever I hear "Heard it in a Love Song" on the radio.