Page 65 of 114 FirstFirst ... 155561626364656667686975 ... LastLast

Thread: Concerts

Default Re: Concerts

Wonderful Julie - have fun!

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

Stuck on the Border EasyFeeling's Avatar

Very cool, Julie

So many concerts this year... have I already told you that I will see Foreigner again this year? You know I'm in love with Kelly Hansen The show is called Rock The Nation and they confirmed another band, it's KANSAS, yay !!! So Foreigner, Journey, Kansas and Night Ranger will be performing at the rock festival so far, can't wait !

Don't know if you know that original singer Michael Sadler rejoined Saga They will come to my hometown in July and I will sure go to see them. Saw them last year but they still had this awful singer Rob Moratti and I swore I would never go again... now things have changed

Wow, you're keeping busy, EF! Sounds like a great year!

Last spring, I had the pleasure of seeing Esperanza Spalding-- last night's Grammy winner for Best New Artist-- at the Prudential Center in Newark, an awesome concert venue. My 11-yr-old son had actually won the tickets at a Cub Scout event there, and since sophisticated jazz events are really not to his liking, he graciously gave the pair to me. A friend and I enjoyed a lovely evening watching this relative unknown jazz bass player/singer (well, unknown to us, and I'm sure to others at the time.) Esperanza was the opener to another more famous jazz crooner, Cassandra Wilson. Little did I realize I was seeing the future of music...as I literally jumped out of my seat on the couch last night when Esperanza was announced as the winner of the Grammy over teen-dream Justin Bieber! Way to go!
    ~Eva~

...the calling of the tide's eternal tune, the phases of the moon, the chambers of the heart, the egg and dart...

How cool EV!
    ~ Cathy ~

And I dream I'm on vacation 'Cause I like the way that sounds,
    It's a perfect occupation for me.

Moderator Ive always been a dreamer's Avatar
    Cruising down the center of a two-way street in VA

That is cool, EV. Honestly, I'd never heard of her, but that's not saying anything. I'm not exactly on the cutting edge when it comes to newer artists.

Everyone thought Justin Bieber was a shoe-in for this, so it's nice that she won if she is truly deserving.

"People don't run out of dreams: People just run out of time ..."
    Glenn Frey 11/06/1948 - 01/18/2016

Neat EV! Yes, it was quite an upset for this girl to win over The Bieb. lol Sounds like she definitely deserved it!

I just got tickets to see one of my all time favorites musicians, Neil Young, in May! I was so excited to hear that he was coming to the area, and I was thrilled to be able to get tickets, as I thought it would be very difficult. Can't wait til May!

Stars, that's so exciting! It should be a great concert, congrats! I love Neil Young

I won tickets to see John Popper (lead singer of Blues Traveler) tomorrow night. I'm just hoping I'm old enough to get into the venue!! lol

EF, Congrats on winning tix to see John Popper in concert! I love Blues Traveler-I was just talking about them yesterday to one of our library patrons who checked out a CD! LOL. Have a great time at the concert! I hope you can get in ok!