Page 83 of 114 FirstFirst ... 337379808182838485868793 ... LastLast

Thread: Concerts

Default Re: Concerts

I'd like to see Roger Waters' show. Although I am more of a Gilmour girl, I can't play down Waters' lyrical abilities. Pink Floyd wouldn't have been Pink Floyd without him.

I hope you get to see him, EK! I know searching for tickets can be extremely frustrating.

you better put it all behind you, baby, 'cause life goes on
    you keep carrying that anger, it'll eat you up inside--

Stuck on the Border TimothyBFan's Avatar

I know someone here was talking about maybe seeing Roger Waters The Wall before long. This was posted on my Sweet board. This is awesome how HUGE this production is and what it takes to pull it all together. I can't imagine the manpower and hours spent putting up and taking down. Here's a link to the original story regarding it.

http://www.neptunepinkfloyd.co.uk/in...paign=NL101013

And here's a link to the picture progression of the project.

http://www.stufish.com/roger-waters/...struction.html

I wonder how much the tickets for this concert are. I haven't checked it out but I bet they must be expensive if there's so much that goes into it.
    He sings it high, he plays it low

Quote Originally Posted by TimothyBFan View Post
    I know someone here was talking about maybe seeing Roger Waters The Wall before long. This was posted on my Sweet board. This is awesome how HUGE this production is and what it takes to pull it all together. I can't imagine the manpower and hours spent putting up and taking down. Here's a link to the original story regarding it.

http://www.neptunepinkfloyd.co.uk/in...paign=NL101013

And here's a link to the picture progression of the project.

http://www.stufish.com/roger-waters/...struction.html

I wonder how much the tickets for this concert are. I haven't checked it out but I bet they must be expensive if there's so much that goes into it.
    WOW! Thanks for the links, Willie. That does look really cool.

We have been trying to get tickets to the Roger Waters show here in NZ (ticket prices start at NZ$100 = approx USD80). He has now put on a THIRD concert which has also pretty much sold out - just the $400 tickets left, which I'm not prepared to pay. (Heck, I only paid $250 each for EAGLES tickets and that was my Bucket List gig!!)

People have been buying blocks of tickets...
    ---------------------------------
    Suzanne

Quote Originally Posted by EaglesKiwi View Post
    WOW! Thanks for the links, Willie. That does look really cool.

We have been trying to get tickets to the Roger Waters show here in NZ (ticket prices start at NZ$100 = approx USD80). He has now put on a THIRD concert which has also pretty much sold out - just the $400 tickets left, which I'm not prepared to pay. (Heck, I only paid $250 each for EAGLES tickets and that was my Bucket List gig!!)

People have been buying blocks of tickets...
    I gotta say that shocks me that that is all they are. I really figured outrageous amounts, even for the cheap seats, with that production. I'm impressed!!

Quote Originally Posted by TimothyBFan View Post
    I gotta say that shocks me that that is all they are. I really figured outrageous amounts, even for the cheap seats, with that production. I'm impressed!!
    And that may be why he has now announced a FOURTH concert (which is the record for Vector Arena in Auckland - previously held by Justin Timberlake with 3 concerts in one visit). We only have a population of 4 million in the WHOLE COUNTRY!! Vector holds up to 12,000 people although I presume with this production they would have to take out some of the seats...

Tickets don't go on sale for another week though...
    Suzanne

EK, this is a longshot, but did you attend the 1980 Fleetwood Mac show in New Zealand where a very drunk Lindsey Buckingham had his infamous meltdown? It's the one where he deliberately played the wrong parts on the guitar during several songs, at one point playing the chords to the Death March instead of the correct chords, pulled his coat over his head and spun around in an imitation of Stevie during one of her songs, and during "Rhiannon" went over and kicked her, laughing wildly, when she did her dramatic fall to the floor after the song. According to Mick Fleetwood, as soon as the band went offstage, the usually unflappable Christine McVie threw a drink in Lindsey's face and then slapped him so hard it turned his head. As he stood there in shock, she shouted "Don't you ever do that to this band again! EVER! Is that clear?!" then marched off. Apparently that sobered him up as he didn't even try to defend himself. Luckily, they had a break from touring after that!

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

Quote Originally Posted by sodascouts View Post
    EK, this is a longshot, but did you attend the 1980 Fleetwood Mac show in New Zealand where a very drunk Lindsey Buckingham had his infamous meltdown? It's the one where he deliberately played the wrong parts on the guitar during several songs, at one point playing the chords to the Death March instead of the correct chords, pulled his coat over his head and spun around in an imitation of Stevie during one of her songs, and during "Rhiannon" went over and kicked her, laughing wildly, when she did her dramatic fall to the floor after the song. According to Mick Fleetwood, as soon as the band went offstage, the usually unflappable Christine McVie threw a drink in Lindsey's face and then slapped him so hard it turned his head. As he stood there in shock, she shouted "Don't you ever do that to this band again! EVER! Is that clear?!" then marched off. Apparently that sobered him up as he didn't even try to defend himself. Luckily, they had a break from touring after that!
    OMG, I hadn't heard about this. Wow.
    -Austin-
    Resident Guitar Slinger
    Fan of the Eagles from 1972-2016 #NOGLENNNOEAGLES

RIP Glenn Frey and Randy Meisner

"So often times it happens that we live our lives in chains and we never even know we have the key..."

No I wasn't at the concert as I was only 8 1/2 at the time!!

It's a very cool story, though. Kudos to Christine. That girl has class.

Hmmm, wonder if I know anybody that WAS at that concert...
    Suzanne

WOW----Lindsey was losing it!! I also hadn't heard this either. What a story!!

Yeah - wow! He kicked her? I wouldn't have liked to have been backstage that night...

you better put it all behind you, baby, 'cause life goes on
    you keep carrying that anger, it'll eat you up inside--