Page 90 of 114 FirstFirst ... 4080868788899091929394100 ... LastLast

Thread: Concerts

Stuck on the Border TimothyBFan's Avatar

Default Re: Concerts

As usual, Styx never disappoints!!! It was a bit of a shortened setlist without one of my faves, Suite Madam Blue, but they were in top form as always. It's always so good seeing them around here since these are Tommy's old stomping grounds, he's always good at telling stories about just starting out, etc. And Lawrence Gowan is so full of energy!! He's so much fun to watch. As usual, they threw out merchandise & guitar pics, posed for pictures and told everyone to take as many pictures as you want. It was rather muggy but not to hot, and they were selling bottles of water throughout the crowd. At one point, Lawrence asked some woman in the front if she was thirsty and she nodded. He made the guy with the water come up to the stage and he took a few of them, leaned down and gave them to audience members and then told the guy "I'll pay you for those later.". I've said it before and I will say it again, they are my favorite band to go see because they are so interactive, on top of being so good. Still sound wonderful.

Took a few pictures but since we were off to the side a bit, I took more off the screen and since it was getting dark, my phone had a bit of trouble. Here's a few tho.

He sings it high, he plays it low

Looks like it was a great show, TBF. Glad you had a good time.

Down some endless road just south of nowhere (Missouri)

Thanks for the review, TBF! Sounds fun!
    https://i.imgur.com/CuSdAQM.jpg
    "They will never forget you 'till somebody new comes along"
    1948-2016 Gone but not forgotten

I just remembered I forgot to mention that Taylor Lautner from the Twilight Movies was there also. He's not from far away from here either. The big screens prior to the show had messages that people were texting and one read "Taylor Lautner is here" which I thought, OK, that's strange and then forgot about it. Then after the show, as I was standing in line to buy a program, I looked over and he was standing only a few feet away getting his picture taken with someone. I tried to get my phone out but wasn't fast enough. I text my daughter and she told me to go get him and tell him that my daughter was single.

Wow - I'm sure there are plenty of young girls (and some older ones, too) who wish they'd been at that concert now!

Sounds like a great show, Willie. Glad you had fun.

you better put it all behind you, baby, 'cause life goes on
    you keep carrying that anger, it'll eat you up inside--

Sounds great TBF! Did they do Fooling Yourself (The Angry Young Man)? I love Tommy's vocals on that one!
    ~ Cathy ~

And I dream I'm on vacation 'Cause I like the way that sounds,
    It's a perfect occupation for me.

Yup, PM! They did most of there big hits, Lorelei, Lady, Blue Collar Man, Grand Illusion, Man In The Wilderness, Fooling Yourself, Miss America, etc.... But skipped a few that were pretty noticeable, Suite Madam Blue and Boat On The River and they usually do a great rendition of I Am The Walrus but omitted it also. Then again, it was a fair and a shortened set. The following night, they were at the Delaware State Fair with Cheap Trick. Now that would have been very cool!!!!! Tommy joined them on stage to sing Ain't That A Shame. Here's the video.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CfMPXnbZjAM[/ame]

What's funny is that I liked them back in the 70s and use to stalk Tommy at the local bars (a few in Michigan use to let us high school kids in--oops- I could tell you stories about Tommy ) but was not a huge fan. Didn't care much for Dennis DeYoung. It wasn't till Lawrence Gowan joined the band 11 or so years ago that I really started paying attention to them again. LOVE his vocals on the old Dennis DeYoung stuff. I think he's so much better!

Like I keep saying, if any of you get a chance to see them, PLEASE do---you will NOT be disappointed!!

This is bad audio, but from my show the other night. This was the encore--Love Lawrence's hat.
    [ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tf096evMeik[/ame]

Far away (from Grandstand) but better sound.
    [ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Q8X730_IlE[/ame]

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pR6_5aDfFOM[/ame]

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kHs1O4z0qKg[/ame]

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-wJXkvlkASw[/ame]

Great videos!

you better put it all behind you, baby, 'cause life goes on
    you keep carrying that anger, it'll eat you up inside--

Bought tickets to see Gordon Lightfoot in September at the Peoria, IL civic center. Although I don't know much about him, I have been a fan since Sundown, and have his Complete Greatest Hits cd and like almost every song on it.

I'll admit that while some of you were listening to The Stones, Zep and Aerosmith back in the day, I was listening to Gordon Lightfoot, John Denver, Jim Croce and Cat Stevens! Lol! To this day it is some of my favorite music.

Looking forward to seeing him. We have 3rd row center!
    ~ Cathy ~

And I dream I'm on vacation 'Cause I like the way that sounds,
    It's a perfect occupation for me.