Page 94 of 114 FirstFirst ... 4484909192939495969798104 ... LastLast

Thread: Concerts

Default Re: Concerts

Quote Originally Posted by Witchy Woman View Post
    I am super excited to see Richie Sambora twice next month !! He's playing in NYC and Philly and my best friend and I said "why not ?!" and bought tickets for both !! He's our favorite Bon Jovi member, and his solo work is also great.

I was supposed to go to the second Eagles concert in Philly when Glenn fell ill. I had to wait 6 months until they came back. Well worth it, though !!
    I didn't know Richie did solo concerts wow

Stuck on the Border Witchy Woman's Avatar

Well, he's releasing a new album tomorrow, so he's doing a mini tour to support it. Bon Jovi is coming out with a new album next year, followed up with a tour , so I guess he's doing what he can before he has to get ready for next year.

Stuck on the Border Tiffanny Twisted's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Topkat View Post
    She just recently told me about it. The incident happened ages ago, I think during HFO tour. She didn't say anything about his condition, just that he was brought into the office for an emergency visit! I don't think that's any violation of privacy. There were many people there who saw him.
    Yeah, I believe it still is and it ivades his privacy.

It's just wrong as a medical professional to talk about people when they come to you for emergency treamtent especially.

Just very wrong.

I'm sorry, just wrong period weither it is an well visit or and emergency visit.
    People lose their jobs over that. Just by mear mention that he came to her pracitice (a gastr practice) people could do the "math" in their heads.
    And its no ones business what dr he sees or who and for what reason .
    It's just wrong.
    We deal with all kinds of people everyday...I dont tell.
    When I worked in a car agency it didnt matter that every news air personality came in(and bounced checks) and sports people came in (Phillies Flyers and Eagles and 6ers and bounced checks as well or had cc that got declined ). They werent there for PRIVATE medical attention. Get the difference???

Its a vialtion of privacy by mere mention that she talked about it as an employee of the practice, If JOe Blow in the waiting room sees him there and opens up his mouth ...it doesnt matter cause he isnt bound by privacy to the pracitice...see the difference?? She shouda kept her mouth shut> end of story she should not have talked. Its a terrible disease .
    Last edited by Tiffanny Twisted; 09-18-2012 at 06:52 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Tiffanny Twisted View Post
    Yeah, I believe it still is and it ivades his privacy.

It's just wrong as a medical professional to talk about people when they come to you for emergency treamtent especially.

Just very wrong.

I'm sorry, just wrong period weither it is an well visit or and emergency visit.
    People lose their jobs over that. Just by mear mention that he came to her pracitice (a gastr practice) people could do the "math" in their heads.
    And its no ones business what dr he sees or who and for what reason .
    It's just wrong.
    We deal with all kinds of people everyday...I dont tell.
    When I worked in a car agency it didnt matter that every news air personality came in(and bounced checks) and sports people came in (Phillies Flyers and Eagles and 6ers and bounced checks as well or had cc that got declined ). They werent there for PRIVATE medical attention. Get the difference???

Its a vialtion of privacy by mere mention that she talked about it as an employee of the practice, If JOe Blow in the waiting room sees him there and opens up his mouth ...it doesnt matter cause he isnt bound by privacy to the pracitice...see the difference?? She shouda kept her mouth shut> end of story she should not have talked. Its a terrible disease .
    This woman is now retired, so she no longer works there, but she is a total professional, or she would not have been running a top doctors office for 20 years. Seems people on here know a lot about Glenn's medical condition, which has obviously been reported somewhere, but I get what your saying. I'm sure at the time, she would not have said anything, but this is now almost 20 years ago.

Quote Originally Posted by Topkat View Post
    Seems people on here know a lot about Glenn's medical condition, which has obviously been reported somewhere
    When the Eagles announced the cancelling of the shows, they sent out a press release explaining why which gave out Glenn's condition. It was published in newspapers around the world. Later, Glenn's camp released more information after he was released in order to reassure fans that all was well. Glenn himself has talked a bit about his health problems occasionally in interviews.

That said, it does seem that it's not too difficult for sites like TMZ to get all the info on who's going to the hospital for what. Heck, they knew Michael Jackson died before most of the man's family!

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

Enjoy the Sambora concert!

One of my favorite players and a friend is playing with him (Peter Stroud).
    -Austin-
    Resident Guitar Slinger
    Fan of the Eagles from 1972-2016 #NOGLENNNOEAGLES

RIP Glenn Frey and Randy Meisner

"So often times it happens that we live our lives in chains and we never even know we have the key..."

Last night we saw Gordon Lightfoot at the Peoria (IL) civic center. I have to admit, I was a little worried about this one. I only know about 25 of his songs and not much about him. I didn't know what his onstage personality was. But I just decided to go with an open mind. I was very excited. I wanted the show to be good. Turns out, I enjoyed it very much. Gordon Lightfoot is a delight onstage. He kept us entertained not only with his songs but also with whatever was on his mind at the time, from his guitar capo to his yellow rubber bracelet, which he got at a Best Buy in Canada and has 'Wolf Girl' written on it.

Here is a review of the show with photos.

http://www.pjstar.com/news/x32676849...-details?img=3

There aren't any videos of our show up yet, but here's one from 3 days before in West Virginia. It's very representative of our show, even down to the outfit. Sundown starts at 1:20.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2FeUAtCGNJg[/ame]

At nearly 74 years old, Gordon Lightfoot struggles to hit the high notes, but it didn't seem to matter much to his audience. I've been a fan since 1974, and sadly I realize that all of my favorite singers are "getting up there", so it was great to see one of the legends perform before it's too late.

Here's a nice photo from back in the day.

~ Cathy ~

And I dream I'm on vacation 'Cause I like the way that sounds,
    It's a perfect occupation for me.

Moderator Ive always been a dreamer's Avatar
    Cruising down the center of a two-way street in VA

Wow, PM - I didn't realize he is 74 - gettin' kinda scary for me. I love Sundown! Glad you had a good time.

"People don't run out of dreams: People just run out of time ..."
    Glenn Frey 11/06/1948 - 01/18/2016

Stuck on the Border Witchy Woman's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by WalshFan88 View Post
    Enjoy the Sambora concert!

One of my favorite players and a friend is playing with him (Peter Stroud).
    Thanks, WalshFan !!

And the day after the second show I go back to NYC to see Louis CK !! A busy week for sure !!

Stuck on the Border

Quote Originally Posted by Prettymaid View Post
    Last night we saw Gordon Lightfoot at the Peoria (IL) civic center. I have to admit, I was a little worried about this one. I only know about 25 of his songs and not much about him. I didn't know what his onstage personality was. But I just decided to go with an open mind. I was very excited. I wanted the show to be good. Turns out, I enjoyed it very much. Gordon Lightfoot is a delight onstage. He kept us entertained not only with his songs but also with whatever was on his mind at the time, from his guitar capo to his yellow rubber bracelet, which he got at a Best Buy in Canada and has 'Wolf Girl' written on it.

Here is a review of the show with photos.

http://www.pjstar.com/news/x32676849...-details?img=3

There aren't any videos of our show up yet, but here's one from 3 days before in West Virginia. It's very representative of our show, even down to the outfit. Sundown starts at 1:20.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2FeUAtCGNJg

At nearly 74 years old, Gordon Lightfoot struggles to hit the high notes, but it didn't seem to matter much to his audience. I've been a fan since 1974, and sadly I realize that all of my favorite singers are "getting up there", so it was great to see one of the legends perform before it's too late.

Here's a nice photo from back in the day.

Thanks for posting that.