Page 96 of 114 FirstFirst ... 46869293949596979899100106 ... LastLast

Thread: Concerts

Stuck on the Border TimothyBFan's Avatar

Default Re: Concerts

Gotta share a bit of frustration with you all. There are several concerts going on in my area and slightly out of, within the next several months. Problem is, I've got myself convinced that I will no longer go to concerts unless I can A) get a decent seat in the first several rows and B) not have to sell a kidney for the money to buy said seat in the first several rows.

The groups I'm trying to get decent seats for are:
    Styx (less than a half hour away)
    Nugent (less than a half hour away)
    Eagles (in Cleveland -several hours away-- not traveling & spending $$ on a hotel room for row VV)
    Bon Jovi (in Chicago- an hour away-good seats face value are anywhere from $400-$560)
    Foreigner (less than a half hour away)

I have tried for Styx and Eagles to get the tickets on the day they went on sale less than 5 minutes and couldn't get a freaking seat closer than 30 rows back or so. Ain't happening!!! And I cannot and will not try every hour to find good seats.

I'm also realistic enough to know that the tickets for all the shows above would run at the very least $1000 just for me, let alone someone else (hubby, daughter, etc....) to go. On top of that, with hubby's back problems, it's hard for him to sit or stand for any length of time but he'd go just for me and that's no fun to think about while there. Again, ain't going to happen but it sure would be nice to get a decent seat for 1 or 2 of these shows.
    He sings it high, he plays it low

You are preachin' to the choir!!! I get a headache just thinking about trying to get good concert tix. We almost always have to go through a ticket broker site and wait until it gets a lot closer to the date, and then hope they come down in price.
    ~ Cathy ~

And I dream I'm on vacation 'Cause I like the way that sounds,
    It's a perfect occupation for me.

Down some endless road just south of nowhere (Missouri)

Same here! I've been trying to get Fleetwood Mac tickets for Chicago and haven't even been able to bring up one ticket on TM. They are way over my price range on the scalper sites. Surely those will be dropped back in to TM soon if not sold? I can't imagine them eating them! The concert is this Saturday. I'm biting my nails now.

I really hate to travel to Chicago, 5 hours away and not have a ticket in hand, but I guess I will if I have to. If I have to sit in nosebleed, I guess I will if it comes to that. I will not pay those exorbitant prices!
    https://i.imgur.com/CuSdAQM.jpg
    "They will never forget you 'till somebody new comes along"
    1948-2016 Gone but not forgotten

Sadly, the deck is ridiculously stacked against the average concert-goer when it comes to getting good seats. I go see a handful of arena rock artists anymore, and thankfully they have somewhat fan-friendly policies, that usually include dropping band seats a few days before, or the day of the show. I will not use a ticket scalper, on principal, any more.

But, I did go see Fleetwood Mac on Sat. in Philly in side seats that we got off a drop the week before. Face value, and they were 5 rows up, even with the front row on the floor, on Stevie's side. Fabulous view of the people being dragged out of the front row for fighting. Really, people? At a FM show?!?

In any event, it is tough to accept, but it's sadly not going to change. But I have found that, more often than not, with a little work, great seats will be released close to show day or show time, at face value.

Just picked up tickets to see Paul McCartney in DC in the presale! Decent seats for $110 all in. Really excited. They actually had some in an affordable price range that weren't at the top of the ballpark.

Border Troubadour prayfordaylight's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by NYC Fan View Post
    Just picked up tickets to see Paul McCartney in DC in the presale! Decent seats for $110 all in. Really excited. They actually had some in an affordable price range that weren't at the top of the ballpark.
    I just got tickets for that show too! I was shocked the prices were that low considering I paid a bit more for similar seats for Springsteen there last year.
    -Ali

You can see the stars and still not see the light.

Down some endless road just south of nowhere (Missouri)

Quote Originally Posted by NYC Fan View Post
    Sadly, the deck is ridiculously stacked against the average concert-goer when it comes to getting good seats. I go see a handful of arena rock artists anymore, and thankfully they have somewhat fan-friendly policies, that usually include dropping band seats a few days before, or the day of the show. I will not use a ticket scalper, on principal, any more.

But, I did go see Fleetwood Mac on Sat. in Philly in side seats that we got off a drop the week before. Face value, and they were 5 rows up, even with the front row on the floor, on Stevie's side. Fabulous view of the people being dragged out of the front row for fighting. Really, people? At a FM show?!?

In any event, it is tough to accept, but it's sadly not going to change. But I have found that, more often than not, with a little work, great seats will be released close to show day or show time, at face value.
    I am checking diligently and the show is Sat. night. Nothing yet. Getting very anxious.

Is there a certain time they do these drops?

Congrats NYC and pfd on getting tickets for PM. That should be great!
    https://i.imgur.com/CuSdAQM.jpg
    "They will never forget you 'till somebody new comes along"
    1948-2016 Gone but not forgotten

Quote Originally Posted by Brooke View Post
    I am checking diligently and the show is Sat. night. Nothing yet. Getting very anxious.

Is there a certain time they do these drops?

Congrats NYC and pfd on getting tickets for PM. That should be great!
    No certain time that I know of, but I just looked at the ticket confirmation and my friend got them around 8:00 the evening of 3/28 for the show on 4/6. She was surprised they dropped the band seats that far in advance. In my experience for most shows, it's been 3-4 days out, right up until the afternoon of the show.

Good luck! I bet you will get something great.

Quote Originally Posted by prayfordaylight View Post
    I just got tickets for that show too! I was shocked the prices were that low considering I paid a bit more for similar seats for Springsteen there last year.
    Congrats! I've seen him the last few tours, and he's still so great in concert, isn't he? I never quite get over the fact that I'm seeing a Beatle

If you're a fan of McCartney and have never seen him, you're in for a treat! I saw him in 2002 (Back in the US tour) and again in 2005. Being a huge Beatles fan, it was like seeing royalty. Great show!
    ~ Cathy ~

And I dream I'm on vacation 'Cause I like the way that sounds,
    It's a perfect occupation for me.