I stole this idea from PLS, who suggested in another thread. I think it's a great idea. I'll tell my story of how I became an Eagles fan first.

I was a child of the 80s. I didn't know anything about the Eagles. All I knew were Glenn Frey and Don Henley's solo hits, because I really didn't listen to rock music until around 1984/1985. I liked both Don and Glenn a lot.

That's why, when I saw a commercial for Hell Freezes Over in 1994, I was astonished to find that BOTH Glenn Frey AND Don Henley had been in a group together! I figured, that must be one awesome band to have BOTH of them in it. I watched the special and thought it was great. I bought the cassette, and one of my first CD purchases was the Greatest Hits 1972-1975. I remember listening to "Take It the Limit" off of my new purchase while attempting to take limits for my calculus III class in college. Man, I sucked at that class.

However, my fandom didn't go any further at that point. The Eagles weren't putting out any new stuff, and I figured I already had the best of 'em already, why buy the back catalog? Instead, I got into Fleetwood Mac in 1997 with The Dance, and became a hardcore fan of them, especially Stevie Nicks and Lindsey Buckingham. I went to their concerts whenever I could.... including Stevie's summer tour with Don in 2005... and there begins part II of my story, when I become a hardcore Eagles fan.

Although I went to Chicago to see Stevie in 2005, I didn't mind Don being there. I remembered how I'd liked many of his songs back in the 80s. Some of my Stevie friends didn't agree, including the ones I was driving up with. I took out my CD of Actual Miles, which I'd bought a few years before, and insisted that they listen to it before continuing to whine. It was a three hour drive to Chicago from West Lafayette, Indiana, after all! They did, and had to admit he had some good stuff. We got into discussions about whether Stevie inspired songs like Not Enough Love in the World. Before you know it, they were enjoying Don, too.

Once there, I thoroughly enjoyed Don's set (with the exception of The Genie). I was impressed by how well his voice had held up, how well the music had held up, how well he'd held up. The smoldering sexuality of his duet with Stevie on Gold Dust Woman was... um... inspiring. Afterwards, I decided it would be worth my money to buy some more of the Eagles' music, and I purchased the Very Best. I put it in my car's CD changer and it didn't come out for MONTHS, which says something, since nothing besides the Mac/Lindsey/Stevie had ever occupied it for that long. (It was a six CD changer, though, so some of their stuff remained. lol)

But it gets better! A few months later, I went to Stevie's benefit concert in Phoenix. I donated money to the Arizona Heart Institute, which garnered me (and 200 other donors) a pass to meet Stevie. Who should accompany her to the meet-n-greet but Don! I recently posted this story in the "Meeting Don" thread in Don's forum, so I won't go into more detail, but suffice it to say that meeting him fanned the Don-love which I was already feeling. He was so gracious and friendly to all the Stevie hardcores, and so supportive of my girl Stevie.

Now at this point you may ask yourself, "I thought Nancy liked Glenn better?" So here's part 3, where I started to become a hardcore Glenn Fan. It started slowly. As I said before, I listened to the VB regularly. I found myself liking the songs with Glenn's vocals better. His voice really appealed to me. As I started buying the albums themselves, this only became more and more evident with each one. My appreciation for Glenn built when I obtained the Houston 1976 bootleg. He was such a dynamic performer! Farewell 1 cemented it even further. I was enchanted! At this point, I was still a member of Eagleland. I learned a lot of stuff there, and met a lot of great people. I inquired there about whether Glenn had a site, and when I found he didn't, I determined to make him one! The more I discovered in researching for the site, the more I liked him. When you spend a lot of time building a site for a musician, you really have to immerse yourself in his work. My Frey fandom was building to fever pitch!

Then, I went to the Eagles Sacramento concert in late 2005, and that was it. Glenn became my fave male singer ever (surpassing even Lindsey Buckingham) and the Eagles tied with the Mac for the best rock group ever.

And it just keeps getting better!

That's my story. What's yours?