In honor of my first Eagles concert in 2 days, I thought I'd answer this question.

I can't remember exact years... circa 76-77... but I know that it was when I was a teenager because I can see myself sitting on the floor in my bedroom, headphones on, music blasting in my ears, drowning out the world behind me. <cue violins> I had a terrible father, and my escape was to lock myself in my room, push furniture in front of the door... (because I didn't want to have any interaction with him when he came home drunk, reeking of cheap beer). I had a collection of over 300 albums, which I thought was pretty darn good for a kid my age of 13 or 14! I joined every 'record club' there was out there to get the 15 for a penny deal. I would buy the required amount then cancel the membership and rejoin months later when they sent me a new deal in the mail. At the time, because I couldn't afford to buy EVERY album that a group had, I opted in many occasions for a greatest hits album, thusly, the iconic Eagles - Their Greatest Hits 1971-1975 was my choice for Eagles albums. I was floored by the harmonies and by the fact that there were so many different singers. Already Gone and Take It Easy were early favorites. Then of course came Hotel California later on and it became my anthem. From the time I was a little girl, I wanted to live in the beautiful, palm-tree lined streets of California... not dirty, dusty tobacco road farms in NC. I did a lot of day dreaming to that song!

I was growing up at a time when long hair on boys was the norm and I, like everyone else was attracted to that hippie look. I remember with long awaited anticipation of The Long Run and flipping it over to see that most of the guys had cut their hair shorter, especially GLENN. Devastation doesn't even cover what I felt about the hair. Although, at my age now, he obviously was super hot during those years, but back then I thought he had become too 'preppy'. Keep in mind, I was hanging out with er, um, the stoners at school and so Glenn had, looks-wise, gone to the 'other side.' Ahh... sometimes being a kid is so silly.... In those later years too, I wasn't a fan of his solo stuff or the whole Miami Vice look. I guess I was still clinging to the 70's and more hard core rock and roll like Led Zep, Floyd, etc. I still LOVED the classic Eagles songs but I was not a fan of any of the 80's music in general at all. Worse decade in music in my opinion....

Anyways, that was rather lengthy! But, it's a pretty good account of my life with the Eagles. I will always favor the old classics the most. I'm still upset that I won't be seeing or hearing "Already Gone" played. I guess I have to come to terms with that.