Page 26 of 39 FirstFirst ... 1622232425262728293036 ... LastLast

Thread: How did you become a fan of the Eagles/a specific Eagle?

Moderator Ive always been a dreamer's Avatar
    Cruising down the center of a two-way street in VA

Default Re: How did you become a fan of the Eagles/a specific Eagle?

I really enjoyed reading your story, Windeagle. I've said many times before how much I love this thread. I don't know what it is, but, it is really interesting for me to hear about how folks developed their fandom and found their way here to The Border.

"People don't run out of dreams: People just run out of time ..."
    Glenn Frey 11/06/1948 - 01/18/2016

Down some endless road just south of nowhere (Missouri)

We, loved your Eagles story! Thanks so much for sharing it with us and it sounds like you are going to absolutely love it here!
    https://i.imgur.com/CuSdAQM.jpg
    "They will never forget you 'till somebody new comes along"
    1948-2016 Gone but not forgotten

Thanks, Brooke. I already love it here. You all are a lot of fun and I'm having a great time reading the old threads - and checking out the pics. I actually arrived at The Border via GFOnline, so thanks go to soda as well.

And TBF, I liked the Cars first album and Candy-O, but then they went a little too pop for me. Those two CDs made it onto the iPod. Being a local band, I do still have a sentimental spot for them though.

Quote Originally Posted by Windeagle View Post
    I actually arrived at The Border via GFOnline, so thanks go to soda as well.
    I got here the same way, Windeagle. If it weren't for Soda I would never have learned so much about Glenn & the Eagles or connected with such wonderful people!

Stuck on the Border TimothyBFan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Windeagle View Post

And TBF, I liked the Cars first album and Candy-O, but then they went a little too pop for me
    . Those two CDs made it onto the iPod. Being a local band, I do still have a sentimental spot for them though.
    Well everyone has their faults!! Just kidding!! BTW--Candy-O is my fave!!

Since they were a local band (very cool!!) if you just happen to have any good info, concert reviews, tidbits, etc.... especially about my beloved Benjamin Orr, PLEASE feel free to go to the Cars thread and post them!!
    He sings it high, he plays it low

I love reading these stories, too!

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

Quote Originally Posted by TimothyBFan View Post

Since they were a local band (very cool!!) if you just happen to have any good info, concert reviews, tidbits, etc.... especially about my beloved Benjamin Orr, PLEASE feel free to go to the Cars thread and post them!!
    Will do.

One night when I was about nine years old, my parents were leaving me at home with my aunt to go to an Eagles concert. Being that young and incredibly attached to my parents, I didn't want them to leave. So naturally, I blamed it on that darned band they were going to see. What's so great about this band?, I asked myself.
    My mom had a cassette of the Hotel California album in her car, and she'd play it a lot. I remember hearing Hotel California, Wasted Time, The Last Resort and especially Victim of Love and loving every minute of them. When I asked my mom who sang those songs, she told me, "The Eagles."
    Needless to say, I didn't dislike them anymore. I've loved them ever since.
    So I grew up with the Eagles. I have vivid memories of my uncle coming to my house and playing Take It Easy on the guitar. I spent endless hours watching a VHS tape of the Hell Freezes Over concert that aforementioned uncle borrowed to my mom. (He still hasn't gotten it back, and I still watch it to this day... I don't think he's going to get it back.) And I also remember having a rather big crush on HFO-era Don Henley... but mostly for his hair. God, I loved his hair back then.
    I guess that's how I became a fan. I've been to two concerts: Farewell 1 when was about ten years old in Green Bay, Wisconsin that I hardly remember, and Long Road Out Of Eden when I was thirteen. I've been to other concerts, sure, but those two are my absolute favorites. (Especially Glenn at LROOE: "Welcome to the Eagles Assisted Living tour." ) If they ever do another tour, it's my goal to see them a 3rd time in concert.
    I've just gotten back into the Eagles recently - I got a couple songs off of iTunes and have been listening nonstop the past couple days. And I found this site, so now I have other people to share my love of the Eagles!
    ~ Tori
    https://www.eaglesonlinecentral.com/downloads/images/henley24.jpg

Cool! And we're glad to have you, Tori!

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

Loved your story. That's so cute that you were crushing on Don when you were little. Did you get a chance to look at and listen to some of the downloads on here? I can tell you like Don songs, so I assume you like his voice. What other Eagles are your favorites and why?
    <a href=http://i1177.photobucket.com/albums/x350/wkc814/Signature%20Banners/fwhugsig-1.jpg target=_blank>http://i1177.photobucket.com/albums/...fwhugsig-1.jpg</a>