Page 28 of 39 FirstFirst ... 1824252627282930313238 ... LastLast

Thread: How did you become a fan of the Eagles/a specific Eagle?

Default Re: How did you become a fan of the Eagles/a specific Eagle?

I'm so glad some of you got to see Timothy's solo show. Like I said, I was so upset that I didn't hear about it. It's not likely he will be doing that again, but hey, you never know.
    I found a video of him singing Poco song, 'What am I Gonna Do" in Sacramento & he tells a little story about the song. I will post it over in the video section.

Yes, Tim & Richie were great together in Poco,& I was pretty upset when Richie left the band, but I hung in there with Poco until Timothy left because Paul, & George also sang very well. I had no idea that Rusty had a great voice also, because in the early days, he didn't even open his mouth! Lot's of talent in that band especially in the early days.

Moderator Ive always been a dreamer's Avatar
    Cruising down the center of a two-way street in VA

Thanks for sharing your story, tk. I love reading these too. As I said in another thread, you are sooooo lucky to have seen that HFO show. I'm very !

"People don't run out of dreams: People just run out of time ..."
    Glenn Frey 11/06/1948 - 01/18/2016

I hold out hope that Timothy will put out another album and tour. I think he enjoyed the whole experience!
    ~ Cathy ~

And I dream I'm on vacation 'Cause I like the way that sounds,
    It's a perfect occupation for me.

Stuck on the Border TimothyBFan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Prettymaid View Post
    I hold out hope that Timothy will put out another album and tour. I think he enjoyed the whole experience!
    He sings it high, he plays it low

Wow - wouldn't that be awesome!!!

... On a journey from innocence to experience..... In Ireland!

He might include Ireland if he comes to Europe? After all, he now has Irish Citizenship
    'I must be leaving soon... its your world now'
    Glenn Frey 1948-2016 RIP

Out on the Border

As far as I can remember I have been a fan from the start. I grew up in Southern California (or is that Winslow, Arizona?) and as a child my dad always had a radio on somewhere. The first time I heard Witchy Woman it seemed a little scary to a young boy.

As soon as I made my own money from a paper route I bought GH 71-75 and I guess I've been On The Border ever since.

Quote Originally Posted by Slate CM View Post
    As far as I can remember I have been a fan from the start. I grew up in Southern California (or is that Winslow, Arizona?) and as a child my dad always had a radio on somewhere. The first time I heard Witchy Woman it seemed a little scary to a young boy.

As soon as I made my own money from a paper route I bought GH 71-75 and I guess I've been On The Border ever since.
    How awesome to have been a fan from that age saving up to buy your first albums . And lucky you to have a dad with great taste in music too!
    ---------------------------------
    Suzanne

Thanks for sharing that with us, Slate CM ... And what an awesome dad!

I was just looking through this thread...very interesting stories...love to hear how people got into the guys...the first time I remember the Eagles was " Best of My Love"... I remember going to Twin Fair (old discount store like KMart) and buying the 45 of it... I think I wore it out...but never really paid attention to what band sang it... I just knew I loved the song... I do remember hearing Eagles songs on the radio and what a big deal it was when Hotel California came out...but I don't think I even realized that they were the same group that sang "Best of My Love"...duh....fast forward to college and The Long Run...fell in love with "I Can't Tell You Why" the first time I heard it on the radio...didn't realize it was the Eagles..didn't sound like any of their voices to me...but I was in love with it...then...no more Eagles...followed Don and Glenn's solo careers loosely in the eighties and loosely got into the earlier stuff...I remember thinking how talented this group is...they have more than one lead singer... in fact I thought it was interesting that my fav song "I Can't Tell You Why" was sung by " the long haired guy" and not Don or Glenn...I later found out "the long haired guy's name" but never paid any attention to anything but I knew I loved that voice... Then came "HFO"... got the CD and DVD...It was the first time I had really looked at any of them... and I remember thinking...that's Timothy B. Schmit?...oh dear...the voice now had a face to me...and baby what a face! the rest is history.

zelda